As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Phalla Insane Asylum - Day 7 - Black Market Agents Win!

1505152535456»

• Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I think a major problem with the specials here was them not using their one-time-use powers. Just stop stalling and do it!

Also, passed driver's test, wooo

I thought the problem was both of the rioters using their power way too early :P

Grats on passing the drivers test.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Tired of being crazy?

We still have some spots left...in space.

See sig.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ah well. Good game, all. For being the only village vigilantes, Fish and I had pretty useless powers -- or so we thought. If we'd but known....

Anyway, good game all, PK, etc.

I think that DA summed up my position on this whole thing pretty well. The team-switching is fairly shitty. This sisn't the only or the worst or the least excusable example of it, but it's still a potential game-breaker. That is to say that team switching may or may not have broken this game of Phalla, but if it continues it might eventually break the game of Phalla.

But oh well. Good game, as I said. Interesting, at least. :P

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think a major problem with the specials here was them not using their one-time-use powers. Just stop stalling and do it!

Congrats!

Did you get that present I sent you? The all expense paid trip to the Lobotomy Waiting Room?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Ah well. Good game, all. For being the only village vigilantes, Fish and I had pretty useless powers -- or so we thought. If we'd but known....

Anyway, good game all, PK, etc.

I think that DA summed up my position on this whole thing pretty well. The team-switching is fairly shitty. This sisn't the only or the worst or the least excusable example of it, but it's still a potential game-breaker. That is to say that team switching may or may not have broken this game of Phalla, but if it continues it might eventually break the game of Phalla.

I definately agree with that, the institute set a precedent for team switching that can easily destroy the game if it continues.
    life3 wrote: »
    Consider that your "fun" is at the cost of others....on your own team. Insane phalla or not, there is an obligation of integrity and good sportsmanship around here.

Exactly you owe it to your teammates at least not to fuck them over.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The fucking over didn't really happen, as has been observed several times. The village killed many baddies with the pencil, many more than it probably would have if we hadn't been working with the Black Marketeers. Several specials lived through to the end of the game, which rarely happens. The village benefited from the arrangement.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This would make a great whine thread in the new forum :).

I can see how you guys aren't happy with what happened. With 20/20 hindsight of the mechanics, it worked pretty well for the village specials, we were able to coordinate a hell of a lot easier but that's neither here nor there.

My only real defence is that I had a blast doing what I did, but then again, you always do when your 'on the inside' of one of the little groups in Phalla.

That said, I can see how it, if this was more of a traditional Phalla, it would've completely broken the game rather than only half breaking it. So I promise not to knowingly enter into a group with a member of an enemy group in any other Phallas I enter.

I take a little offence to the claim that I, myself, fucked over my own team by my joining of the Institute. I feel I played the game pretty well for a vigilante, but I am sorry that it turned out like it did. Hope we can still all be BFF (best friends foreva!)

Lots of love.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

Congrats!

Did you get that present I sent you? The all expense paid trip to the Lobotomy Waiting Room?

Yeah, I did, dick. Thanks alot.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Just a little addendum.

I wonder how different the game would have been if Gnasty had not been taken by the Staffers. I had no intention of revealing him to the Institute, so that would have been fun with him running interference on any information I was able to pick up on the BMGs through the institute.

Ah well. Maybe next time huh Gnasty?

Once again, sorry for the conflict guys, I'm not really that good at it. Which I suppose isn't a good trait for an Internet forumer ;)

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    The fucking over didn't really happen, as has been observed several times.

We didn't pick balefuego's name out of a hat. B:L also managed to get gnasty killed. You handed the game to the black marketers. Seriously call it whatever you want, but you weren't working towards a village victory.

edit: We also had gnasty's name too, so he would not have lasted any longer than balefuego.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Congrats!

Yeah, I did, dick. Thanks alot.

You're welcome, I didn't want you to miss out on all the fun in there...I'm just sad I never got to go in there!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    edit: We also had gnasty's name too, so he would not have lasted any longer than balefuego.

The only person in the Institute who knew that gnasty was a special was me, and I did not divulge that.

That was, until he revealed himself when he was in the waiting room.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    telcus wrote: »

The only person in the Institute who knew that gnasty was a special was me, and I did not divulge that.

That was, until he revealed himself when he was in the waiting room.

Plutonium knew he was a guardian and revealed it on our messageboard

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yes, after he revealed as much in the waiting room thread.

Edit: And now I'm arguing whether or not our guardian would or would not died in a situation that did not happen. I'm really not cut out for this. The main thrust of what I'm trying to say is that I did not treat the Institute as some kind of Agony Aunt where I divulged all my deepest darkest secrets. The other members of the Institute may have, infact Shamus was pretty damn open in there.

In closing: Don't hate me, I couldn't bear it.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    telcus wrote: »
    Yes, after he revealed as much in the waiting room thread.

nope check the timestamps plutonium revealed that gnasty was a guardian at 11:00 am central time on the 20th. Gnasty did not even go into the lobotomy waiting room until 11:30 am central time.

edit: He didn't reveal that he was the guardian until 4:20 pm central time on the 21st

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yes you're right, Senior Fish told crazy2themax (that was B:L?) who then spilled the beans to the Institute. That was silly of Senior Fish and I cannot defend the institute anymore because it was silly of them too.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jesus, I can't believe this is still going on. I joined the game after all of this craziness happened... but this shit happens in these games. You have to be careful who you trust with what information. Someone leaked info? Fuck em, don't trust them next game. If you want people who do predictable things all the time go play with bots.

This.. Is... PHALLA!
    rite?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'd just like to say one last thing before I promise not to post here again (honest!)

A lot of you are saying that, if it were possible for the village to win after the first day, the specials pretty much ruined the game for villagers.

I just think that this is a little over the top, other villages have won without their specials before, even when their entire network has been gutted. I'm not saying that it would have been easy, and I'm certainly not saying that exposing the remaining specials to the enemy is ever a good idea, but I'm just saying that, had the rules allowed the game to keep going, the village could possibly still have won. Maybe.

I'm sorry if you guys don't feel the same way and I'm sorry that you think I ruined the game for you. That's it. I'm done with this thread. I'll see you guys in the next Phalla that starts after next week as I'm going on holiday next week.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    go play with bots.

hey now...

Unknown User on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I just wanted to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

Locus on