As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Other events at PAX

islandergirlroislandergirlro Registered User new member
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
Hello,

Just curious to know if there any other tournaments that will happen at PAX, non video game wise. In particular like CCGs/TCGs. Even more specific like a WoW TCG tournament or event. I tried looking at the website for schedules and information and was unable to find such information.

So if there are going to be some quality TCG events going on there, great. If not, have you considered having a UDE sponsored event there? Thanks for any information! :D

islandergirlro on

• Options
    TheProphetElijahTheProphetElijah Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    last year I played in and won the D&D Mini's tournament at PAX. And I know their was a big CCG game going on, which took up way too much room in the table top area so I hope that dosen't happen again.

TheProphetElijah on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There are tabletop tournaments at pax. Info on those should be coming soon ;)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    timebeingtimebeing Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    we'll I've never been but since Wizards of the Coast, Wizkids, and UDE are all sponsors I'm guessing some CCG tourneys have to be going on.

timebeing on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, I'll be demoing a Lego mech game, and playing in a 3-day con game.

edit: Whoops, you meant tournaments. I got nothing.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    TheSnowiestWhaleTheSnowiestWhale Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    As far as CCG's go, I would expect them to at least be running the more popular one's like Magic and Munchkin. Being that Gabe did some of the art work for the WoW TCG, the idea of having it at the very least demoed at PAX isn't that far fetched.

They typically also run other table top things, like Warhammer and WH40k, Warmachine and various other miniature war games.

Personally, I'm looking forward to getting my bum thoroughly kicked at a Magic tourney and destroying with my Cryx army in Warmachine!

TheSnowiestWhale on
    Gay N00b Laggers
    =GNL=
    Look for us in the pink at PAX '08!
  • Options
    langrilangri Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I wonder if anyone would be running some sort of Twilight Imperium event.... One can only hope.

langri on
  • Options
    timebeingtimebeing Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wizkids has posted some info for there games

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/wk_article.asp?cid=41546

and they are having there Team Champs there too.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mechwarrior/mw_article.asp?cid=41541

still no info for TCGs

timebeing on
This discussion has been closed.