As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Western Animation thread

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote:
    Tertiee wrote:
    Young Justice was pretty dark this week.

Also, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but could it be that
    it's not Megan that Artemis is jealous of, but Connor?

They've never shown her having any interest in Superboy, and Weissman did want to make Lexington gay originally.

It's a ballsy move if CN allows it, but we did just see an episode about a psychopath who stabbed his sister to death, so.....
    Interesting idea but word is that the comic tie-in to the show makes it very clear that Artemis has a crush on Conner.
    She was into him in her first episode, and in a later episode, suggested M'Gann date Kaldur. Or Wally. All I remember is that the girls were trying to dissuade each other from dating Conner.

But yeah, they haven't really touched on it for a while, which is a little weird.
    In all likelihood she probably does have feelings for Superboy, but I honestly don't remember any indication that she liked him in any previous episodes...or perhaps I merely forgot said moments because they were so brief.

Either way, color me disappointed as it's such a tired cliche, especially as this series has continued to surprise me with its more cerebral twists (Ms Martian's psychic freak-out).

They also brought up all the possible theories for the mole, which means that it won't end up being any of them.

Therefore, I say Aqualad is the mole.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote:
    Tertiee wrote:

They've never shown her having any interest in Superboy, and Weissman did want to make Lexington gay originally.

It's a ballsy move if CN allows it, but we did just see an episode about a psychopath who stabbed his sister to death, so.....
    Interesting idea but word is that the comic tie-in to the show makes it very clear that Artemis has a crush on Conner.
    She was into him in her first episode, and in a later episode, suggested M'Gann date Kaldur. Or Wally. All I remember is that the girls were trying to dissuade each other from dating Conner.

But yeah, they haven't really touched on it for a while, which is a little weird.
    In all likelihood she probably does have feelings for Superboy, but I honestly don't remember any indication that she liked him in any previous episodes...or perhaps I merely forgot said moments because they were so brief.

Either way, color me disappointed as it's such a tired cliche, especially as this series has continued to surprise me with its more cerebral twists (Ms Martian's psychic freak-out).

They also brought up all the possible theories for the mole, which means that it won't end up being any of them.

At this point that is all that makes sense. It almost seems too obvious though?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote:
    Tertiee wrote:

Another option: Could their base itself be bugged?
    It certainly seems like something that would be well within the capabilities of The Light.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Not really a YJ spoiler but here's some YJ spoiler talk
    Anyone else love shazam's writing in YJ? I think it's great. They really play on how he's a kid and I really like everyone's reactions around him since they don't' know he's a kid. In JLU he was too good at acting like an adult and only slipped up once or twice before the reveal. Here he barely hides it at all and I like the contrast of an adult looking person acting like a kid

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote:
    Tertiee wrote:

The Light is heavily loaded with Batman villains, including mindfucking expert Hugo Strange. Robin might be a Manchurian Candidate.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote:
    Tertiee wrote:

I'm guessing it's Superboy, although he probably doesn't know it. He's part Genome, and in the pilot those things were crazy psychic, so chances are there's another Genome seeing everything he does. Plus Superboy being the mole fits in with the current DC Universe comic plotlines.

• Options
    Cururu wrote:
    Jimothy wrote:
    Tertiee wrote:

I'm guessing it's Superboy, although he probably doesn't know it. He's part Genome, and in the pilot those things were crazy psychic, so chances are there's another Genome seeing everything he does. Plus Superboy being the mole fits in with the current DC Universe comic plotlines.

Well, they already brought up that theory, so unless they're trying to double-trick you by revealing it early on...

I love that Robin theory though, and wish it ended up being true.

• Options
    Cururu wrote:
    Jimothy wrote:
    Tertiee wrote:

Well, they already brought up that theory, so unless they're trying to double-trick you by revealing it early on...

I love that Robin theory though, and wish it ended up being true.
    I still think it's Superboy. It's pretty much they only option they have without writing off a cast member. But, then again, they like changing things up, so maybe they are planning on writing one off (or one more if the rumor of one of htem dying is true). My money's still on Superboy though.

Have they confirmed which Robin it is? Judging by his skillset, I'm assuming Tim Drake, but judging by the ages of some of the other characters it could be Dick Grayson.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    That's not a rumor.
    The writers said strait up that someone on the team is gonna die.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Just to add to things.
    What if the character doesn't even know they're already working for the Light? One of them might have been kidnapped earlier, say Robin by Ra's and given a good mind job and sent back not knowing anything happened yet every so often doing reports. Can see that happening. That or maybe the Light has info on one of the members that they think will either turn or force them to do their bidding, the Aqualad situation fits this.

• Options
    Cade wrote:
    Just to add to things.
    What if the character doesn't even know they're already working for the Light? One of them might have been kidnapped earlier, say Robin by Ra's and given a good mind job and sent back not knowing anything happened yet every so often doing reports. Can see that happening. That or maybe the Light has info on one of the members that they think will either turn or force them to do their bidding, the Aqualad situation fits this.
    Just once I'd like the big reveal to be something completely carzy. Like Batman. Batman should be the mole.

• Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    Cururu wrote:
    Cade wrote:
    Just to add to things.
    Just once I'd like the big reveal to be something completely carzy. Like Batman. Batman should be the mole.

Captain Marvel is so dumb he'll tell you anything?

• Options
    robin's identity
    I forget but I think it's dick? They show the person's picture in the school awards. I think it said dick grayson. also shown him and batgirl going to school together i think. I forget who also goes to school with them, i think it's artemis

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    That's not a rumor.
    The writers said strait up that someone on the team is gonna die.
    I'm not so sure about that. I recall that thought came out of this preview video (about two minutes in).

The exact wording was: "We're dealing with life and death stuff - literally. I mean, this is a show where... umm, not everyone's gonna' survive." Which fans took from presented context to mean "not everyone on the team will survive," but that wasn't what was actually stated.
    Cururu wrote:
    Have they confirmed which Robin it is? Judging by his skillset, I'm assuming Tim Drake, but judging by the ages of some of the other characters it could be Dick Grayson.
    Dick Grayson.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    No need to spoiler tag, they straight up tell you he's Dick Grayson in one episode (in which he's referred to as such by Barbara...yes, that Barbara.

Also, any revelation that ends with "Batman" is never crazy, because there's nothing Batman isn't capable of.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Don't mind me, just remembering the best Dexter's Laboratory episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUPPvuz8wgo

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Not really a YJ spoiler but here's some YJ spoiler talk
    Anyone else love shazam's writing in YJ? I think it's great. They really play on how he's a kid and I really like everyone's reactions around him since they don't' know he's a kid. In JLU he was too good at acting like an adult and only slipped up once or twice before the reveal. Here he barely hides it at all and I like the contrast of an adult looking person acting like a kid

Yeah I always think his characterization is really really fantastic in YJ.

Does the rest of the JL know or is it only a select few?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    who is the voice for Captain Marvel?

is it Rob Lowe? because it sounds like Rob Lowe

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote:
    who is the voice for Captain Marvel?

is it Rob Lowe? because it sounds like Rob Lowe

I went to check IMDB to see who sounds so much like Rob Lowe, but it turns out it's actually Rob Lowe. Huh.

Also, Superboy is Nolan North, M'Gann is Winnie from the Wonder Years, Batman is the same guy who played Admiral Pike in the latest Star Trek movie along with the Batman in Under the Red Hood and Green Arrow is Wash from Firefly.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    Wait. Superboy is Nolan North? Is there anything that man doesn't appear in these days?

I guess Superboy has a small resemblance to Nathan Drake...

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    Nolan North also does Superman, Zatara, and Marvin on the show.

• Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    I can only hope for a scene featuring only Zatara, Superman and Superboy. It's the only way Nolan North can one up the Nolan North talks to Nolan North conversation in Mafia 2.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Nolan North still doesn't have as many roles in Young Justice as Kevin Michael Richardson. I think I counted him with four in one episode.
    It was the New Gods one. He was MM, Ugly, one of the New Gods, and someone else.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    With the Young Justice guys talking about possible deaths, I wonder if they might do a story where Zatara dies.

I would do a lot of things for Constantine to finally get his animated debut.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I think the mole in YJ is
    Cheshire's mask

• Options
    Brainleech wrote:
    Cheshire's mask
    I can see that happening, but it's kind of isolated in the trophy room. Plus that would be a really boring plot twist.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Bagginses wrote:
    Cururu wrote:
    Cade wrote:
    Just to add to things.

Captain Marvel is so dumb he'll tell you anything?
    shit... that might be it. He does go home every night and tell his dad everything he did

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So I'm rewatching Spectacular Spider-man and it's making me really sad this show was cancelled so early. Here's hoping the new series can live up to it.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    The mole was before Marvel came in... right? Wait. Why do they think they have a mole again? I forget the first instance of leaked info. That truck shipment I guess?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote:
    Cheshire's mask

That was my theory early on.
    Though I've become doubtful since anyone is rarely ever seen in Wally's trophy room and it doesn't seem like the kind of place they'd discuss missions in detail.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    AaronKI wrote:
    Brainleech wrote:
    Cheshire's mask

Though I've become doubtful since anyone is rarely ever seen in Wally's trophy room and it doesn't seem like the kind of place they'd discuss missions in detail.

It could be absurdly sensitive equipment.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Might fit more over in GV, but oh my glob.

Adventure Time comic book series is coming. Written by Ryan North of Dinosaur Comics.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote:
    Might fit more over in GV, but oh my glob.

Adventure Time comic book series is coming. Written by Ryan North of Dinosaur Comics.

:D

• Options
    Bagginses wrote:
    AaronKI wrote:
    Brainleech wrote:
    Cheshire's mask

It could be absurdly sensitive equipment.

What about...
    ...Wolf? He was made/mutated by The Brain after all, and he's part of the Light's leadership. Maybe Wolf is some kind of living camera? It would also lead to (yet more) Conner angst, since one of the few things he's happy about is his cute widdle doggie.

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    A few minor YJ cameo spoilers:
    Bumblebee dressed as.. a bumblebee made me laugh. Namedropping Abel and depicting Earth 16's House of Secrets as a magic shop made me happy, too. I've been a big nerd for DC's pulp horror/suspense anthologies from the 60s and 70s after inheriting a stack of Tales of the Unexpected/The Unexpected from my uncle.

Edit @Cloud
    Wolf showed up after Sportsmaster made the mole remark

Edit Again.. about the mole.
    Sportsmaster made a remark about two missions that the team had trouble with when making the mole remark. What were they? I deleted all of the pre-break episodes from my DVR and can't check.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Oh! OH! What if The Atom is the mole, they just haven't introduced him yet? And he's brainwashed? But still has good one liners like in JLU?

Oh hell, just bring Atom back.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Dang, there goes my theory.

At any rate, I'm surprised no one's talking about M'Gann's other costume.
    That was a completely unexpected yet brilliant stroke to have her turn into a demonic Marvin the Martian. Especially since they were turning the tables on Marvin. I laughed hard.

• Options
    the kid's name was marvin?! good move, YJ

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    It goes even further than that. It is impressive just how deep Young Justice digs into the DC lore.
    http://superfriends.wikia.com/wiki/Marvin_White

Tertiee on
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    Adventure Time has gotten pretty dark with these past two episodes. Last episode we saw a 28-Days Later-esque situation unfolding. This time? Jake is coerced into taking a hit on Wild Berry Princess by the Guild of Assassins?

Can't wait for the Adventure Time comic book.

This discussion has been closed.