As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre/Post PAX Maryland Meetup

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Thanks to all of you who showed up, and an even bigger thank you for those who brought games. For those who didn't make it, we are going to try to make this a monthly thing and will try to do something closer to Baltimore next time. Hopefully, you will be able to make the next one. Any feedback would be welcome and once we figure out a couple things I plan to start another post (gotta check with the Mods regarding doing it monthly) for the next one.

• EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    I know I'm posting this well after everyone else, but thanks to the people who put this together and for everyone who came out, it was pretty fun. I look forward to doing this again sometime in the future.

• Sentient6Sentient6 Mad Grad Student Registered User regular
    Emporium wrote:
    I know I'm posting this well after everyone else, but thanks to the people who put this together and for everyone who came out, it was pretty fun. I look forward to doing this again sometime in the future.

Yeah. I forgot to say. Thanks guys for setting this up.

• HuskyDorkHuskyDork Registered User regular
    Thanks to everyone for a really fun time, it was great to meet you all. I'm definitely looking forward to next month!

LQckybu.png
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I had a good time even though I didn't get to do any actual gaming. It was night to meet you guys!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • fyeahckingfyeahcking Registered User regular
    Man! Just missed this by a few days. Rockville-ite here who'd love to get in on the next one of these. Glad the first one was such a success!

• Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    fyeahcking wrote:
    Man! Just missed this by a few days. Rockville-ite here who'd love to get in on the next one of these. Glad the first one was such a success!
    Glad to have you, I'm happy to announce, our next meet-up will be December 3rd at 1pm at Dream Wizards. I hope you all can join us, let me know your availability and I can make a roster. I also made us an events calendar.

Also, I know there was some people who wanted something closer to Baltimore, Games and Stuff might be a good option, it's located in Glen Burnie and I've heard good things about it. Let me know what you think.

P.S. Any more ideas of places for dinner when we go to Dream Wizards?

Exodus1 on
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Well, you can count me in for the 3rd if we've got people going.

1tLJUH2O.png
    gespo89 wrote:
    Well, you can count me in for the 3rd if we've got people going.

So far that'd make 5 people attending on December 3rd, definitely enough for a few games.

I'm down, but I have to sort out transportation.

Sentient6 wrote:
    Is it difficult to take the metro (never been out that way)? I could pick you up from the White Flint station so you wouldn't have to walk in the cold/weather.

I think last time Emporium said he could help you out with a ride, but I haven't seen if he's coming to this one or not. *crosses fingers*

I'm also just-about-certainly in for the 3rd. I'm sure we can work out some shuttling-about for folks that metro up.

I don't think it's that
    Exodus1 wrote:
    Sentient6 wrote:
    Is it difficult to take the metro (never been out that way)? I could pick you up from the White Flint station so you wouldn't have to walk in the cold/weather.

I think last time Emporium said he could help you out with a ride, but I haven't seen if he's coming to this one or not. *crosses fingers*

I don't think it's that complicated by metro, but might take a while. I'll look into it.

I'm actually not gonna be able to make this one, hope you all have a great time though.

• NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    Agh you guys are killing me with these dates. Dec 3 is the University of Maryland Gamer Symphony Orchestra concert. It's free!

Agh you guys are killing me with these dates. Dec 3 is the University of Maryland Gamer Symphony Orchestra concert. It's free!

I was not aware that this existed until two weeks ago. There's a concert?

Yeah, it'll be in the CSPAC building at college park on the 3rd. http://umd.gamersymphony.org/

• HuskyDorkHuskyDork Registered User regular
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make it next weekend, but I will see you guys in January!

LQckybu.png
    edited November 2011
    So far roster for the December 3rd @ 1pm (Dream Wizards) is

Zepherin
    gespo89
    Exodus1
    Murdoc
    fyeahcking (probably)
    Sentient6 (needs ride?)

I received Settlers of Catan as an early xmas gift, I'm excited to try it out!

Darn, lol, I also didn't know about it, next time come and post it for us, maybe we can get a group together! I know a group is gonna go in march to the video game art exhibit.

The group was thinking Jan. 14th for the next meet, hopefully that fits into more people's schedules.

Exodus1 on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Exodus1 wrote:
    Darn, lol, I also didn't know about it, next time come and post it for us, maybe we can get a group together! I know a group is gonna go in march to the video game art exhibit.

The group was thinking Jan. 14th for the next meet, hopefully that fits into more people's schedules.
    It's a problem of time of year. People are busy in December. So finding a week that accommodated everyone was simply impossible.

I hate to keep plugging my own event, but what do you guys think about making the January meetup at MAGFest? It's Jan 5-8, so you can pick any day that works best for you.

I'm still in! I'll see you guys at 1pm.

Emporium is being kind enough to give me a ride. So I should be in.

Just to make sure, we're meeting at 1:00 right? (The calendar says noon)

Also, I'm also up for dinner after again if we want to go that route.

See you all again tomorrow. (Don't forget to bring your games!)

1tLJUH2O.png
    Regarding, the January meeting. First off I don't know how available I'll be because it depends on football things. Hopefully, the ravens will play on Sunday.

Second, @NickTheNewbie no issues with you plugging the event I think this is a good place to do so. However, I don't really want to hold our official January meet-up there. I have a couple reasons the man one being that MagFest is not free. I wanted to try and keep this free (or close) and very accessible. Also, and this is just me and not a statement on your event or anything personal, I went last year and did not have a great time. If you want me to explain what I liked and didn't/give feedback shoot me a PM. If anyone who is going wants to do something awesome, but for our "official" meetup January 14th (ravens permitting?).

Third, the GSO is awesome, I saw them a year and half ago, they are also free and everyone should go see them in Spring if you can't in Fall.

I think that covers everything, sorry I haven't been that active in the thread.

edited December 2011
    gespo89 wrote:
    Just to make sure, we're meeting at 1:00 right? (The calendar says noon)

Also, I'm also up for dinner after again if we want to go that route.

See you all again tomorrow. (Don't forget to bring your games!)

Yes, you're right 1pm! I'll update the calendar. I'll be down for some food afterwards.

Exodus1 on
    edited December 2011
    The 14th of January works for me as well for a meetup. Barring any schedule changes, I'll be there.

Also, if you stop by the thread, it would be good to put a quick comment on whether the date works for you(assuming you know) if you haven't yet. It would suck to find out the week before that nobody can make it, so the farther we get details sorted in advance, the better.

As for MAGFest, I might wind up going, and would be interested in know if others plan to attend, but I don't know how well a $45 admission for our monthly meet would work. I'd just assume keep the regular monthly meets free or as cheap as possible. If some people here are interested in going to MAGfest as a group though, by all means speak up and maybe we can make some arrangements together.

Don't forget about the Google group if you haven't joined (http://groups.google.com/group/mdpaxmeetup). It makes it a lot easier to work out details for multiple events without cluttering the thread too much and then we can keep this mostly about the monthly meetup. I'd just assume work out details for MAGfest there if we want to get a group together. I know we've got people talking about going GameFest at the American Art Museum there as well so don't forget to speak up there too if you want to go.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
    I am going to do bathroom stuff and then head out.

Yes, I believe we'll keep Jan 14th as our normal meet-up, but anyone interested in going to MAGFest, we can definitely get a group going. I've been thinking about going myself, but I could only make the weekend, and not too sure I could afford a hotel room to stay for both days =/

traffic is eating my face again

So this place is full tip bursting with magic players.

Where are yall sittin? I'm here in an xkcd shirt.

We're by the front. Loitering awkwardly.

Thanks again to everyone present for another great meetup, especially to fyeahcking for providing us with a place to game after Dream Wizards was off by a mile on when the Magic PTQ would end. See you all in January.

1tLJUH2O.png
    Yup good meet up,

• OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    Oi, you guys keep posting these on the far side of baltimore, turns out it just doesn't work for me in the least, so I'll probably have to count myself just out of these in general. Hope everyone's enjoying themselves though!

Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
    I think we're trying for a place a bit closer to Balt, but I think the place is more just on the other side of the Beltway as opposed to in Baltimore.

Onmitsu wrote:
    Oi, you guys keep posting these on the far side of baltimore, turns out it just doesn't work for me in the least, so I'll probably have to count myself just out of these in general. Hope everyone's enjoying themselves though!

http://www.gamesandstuffonline.com/ I posted about this shop before, but I hadn't heard anything from you or anyone who said they could only do the Baltimore area. We can consider this shop or another shop near baltimore for the January meet-up, if we have the people requesting it actually committing to go.

Good times guys. Thanks again to fyeahcking for providing a place to play.

I'm down to try somewhere else but transportation is a bit iffy for me since my car died.