As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wrestling: From Planet Funk, THE FUNKASAURUS

HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Social Entropy++
Tables, Ladders, and Chairs of course!

Results from last night's Survivor Series
Dolph Ziggler defeated John Morrison to retain the US Title(shocker really)

Beth Phoenix defeated Eve to retain the Divas Title(another shocker)

Team Barrett(Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, and Hunico) defeated Team Orton(Randy Orton, Mason Ryan, Sheamus, Sin Cara, and Kofi Kingston)

CM Punk defeated Alberto Del Rio to become the new WWE Champion

The Big Show defeated Mark Henry by DQ(Henry retains but show did a reverse of MitB sooooo)

John Cena and The Rock defeated The Miz and R-Truth(Cena got a Rock Bottom for good measure because they don't like each other of course)

Raw tonight, look for Cole to whine about Punk and Otunga's bowtie will probably say some law stuff and they'll mention Twitter AT LEAST once(right?)

other stuff too, it's a 2 hour show

Hjorvarthr on

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    This is now the indy thread where we talk about how awesome Ring of Honor is and how badly I need to watch the last 3+ episodes.

Also where you all start watching Chikara.

Also, to follow up on The Lovely Bastard's comment on X-Pac, dude has actually gotten way cooler in the last year or two. Cleaned up, wrestled at King of Trios as the 1-2-3 Kid, left his tights to Colt Cabana and a note for everyone at the show. Dude has gotten humble as hell.

Buttlord on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    If you don't already watch/keep track of Chikara, you don't deserve to.

Same thing with ROH.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I thought about watching those and then I forgot

Chikara is really cool because they upload at least one match every week to their youtube channel

If you find the one with Green Ant vs Pinkie Sanchez (Or Pink Ant) from A Touch Of Class, that was my first Chikara match and I love it. If you want a cool show(s), watch this year's King of Trios, there's a reason it's like the biggest indy wrestling event in the US.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Put that shit on cable TV and sure

ROH puts the previous episode up every Thursday, too.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    That is not cable TV

But ROH is on TV

It just depends on if you get the channel

edited November 2011
    Do you have the internet? Then watch some kickass wrestling. They put El Generico on TV on a regular basis and El Generico is the best.

El Generico, for the uninitiated, is the "generic luchadore". His gimmick is literally that he's a luchadore, despite being a red-haired Canadian who doesn't actually speak Spanish. His intro is the Bouncing Souls' version of Ole! It's fantastic. Here have a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv6qrCoN3GI

And here have a Chikara PAGG featuring a match with Claudio Castignioli, who just got signed to the WWE: clicky

Buttlord on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    If you don't already watch/keep track of Chikara, you don't deserve to.

Same thing with ROH.

Elitism is not going to help make those organization more profitable.

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    ROH is a great promotion, but the fans at the shows are some of the oddest fucking people ever.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    boy I sure hope this thread turns into chikara viral marketing

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    You and me Geebs, just us against the indie masses.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited November 2011

Chikara booked a better invasion angle in 2010 than WWE ever has. I'm just sayin'.

Buttlord on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Last week at RAW, my girlfriend just goes "Did I ever tell you I hung out with Black Machismo one night in a bar?" "Wait you what?!"

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I would watch the shit out of chikara if they had a tv/internet tv deal. One match a week dosent really cut it.

Havent had a chance to see ROH yet. I guess its online? But I didnt feel like signing up for the thing. Probably because I am horrible.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Ring of Honor is not doing themselves any favors by putting their show up behind a registration wall. They put that same video up behind the timed wall of membership and on top of it all they don't run ads on their video content.

CHIKARA on the other hand...they're pretty smart about getting their content out there they just don't have a TV deal. The iPPV did great numbers (better than ROH does by a noticeable margin apparently) so that might change soon.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:

Chikara booked a better invasion angle in 2010 than WWE ever has. I'm just sayin'.

ROH didn't have the pressure of weekly cable TV when they were doing the Steen thing.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited November 2011
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

ROH didn't have the pressure of weekly cable TV when they were doing the Steen thing.

What does that have to do with the BDK (which I'm assuming is what Buttlord was talking about)?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    edited November 2011
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

What does that have to do with the BDK?

OK first of all I'm not sure what BDK means but I was talking about the fact that ROH was (and pretty much still is) and indy promotion so they can take bigger risks than the big leagues. And until they got on TV they relied completely on house shows and the random PPV to advance their storylines which meant they could drag out the Steen thing for a long time and not have it get stale. You couldn't do that for the Nexus or Punk.

Edit: Everything I said about ROH applies to Chikara as well. That's my way of trying to not look like an idiot with this post.

wirehead26 on
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Here's a video featuring what should be everybody's favorite tag team the Murder City Machine Guns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7_KFuSb_no

If you have the a youtube account you should subscribe to that channel they put up a lot of cool wrestling music videos.

BDK: Die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes

edited November 2011
    Here's an FCW trios six man tag match featuring pretty much every WWE ready star they have and Dusty Rhodes is on commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7QLDgOuEmc

And now I really want to hear a Dusty and Regal do commentary.

Oh, also, I just realized that this week's RAW will feature the re-debut of Brodus Clay*.
    *No it won't.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    I had DVR'd something from NatGeo called Slammed: Inside Indie Wrestling

one part was some promoter who does small events in like gyms and such(Luke Gallows was part of them, with the SES gimmick, also Tommy Dreamer was shown at the end)

the other part was RoH's tryout camp thing, with Cornette there(Shiima Zion was featured along with some dude named Danny Inferno)

it was kind of interesting

Last night's Survivor Series' top 3 moments: 3- The Rock's armdrags. 2- Punk wins title. 1- Cody Rhodes eliminates Mason Ryan's hair.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I really liked Alicia Fox's Tanooki Suit last night.

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    I imagine it was pretty hot... well, except for the gargantuan testicles.

Why the fuck would she be wearing a Tanooki suit?

Well it was only the top half, but it was quite the fashion statement.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Why won't Brodus redebut tonight?

Because he was supposed to last week

And the week before

And I think the week before that too

edited November 2011
    Goose! wrote:

Not a bra large enough backstage to hide those rude titties.

Maximum on
    Goose! wrote:

Seriously if he doesn't I'm going to be pissed. If he does debut though I could see him destroying Morrison which would lead to him soundly squashing him right out of WWE next week.

The family of Andre The Giant spoke to TMZ about the recent skit on Saturday Night Live where actor Jason Segel impersonated the late wrestler. The family loved the skit and said, "Jason Segel nails this impression and demonstrates with good humor that Andre's legacy continues to be relevant and has a big impact on the entertainment industry."

Link to sketch in question: http://www.hulu.com/watch/302531/saturday-night-live-andre-the-giant-gets-an-ice-cream

Even more proof that Zack Ryder was over big time at the Survivor Series pay-per-view last night, Ryder tweeted the following today: "Thank you MSG Broskis...broke record for most Broski shirts sold in one night!"

CM Punk on the Rock being "back"
    In a recent interview with the New York Daily News, CM Punk had the following to say about The Rock being "back" in the WWE...

"You know, the thing about that is, he's not around. It doesn't help morale when the guy goes right from his limo to the dressing room to the dressing room to the ring. He's very bourgeois Hollywood."

"He came back, he did WWE Raw after that. He said he was never gonna leave. And the next time we saw him is a month later. Yeah, it does bother me. A little hello would have been nice. He could have run by with his own entourage."

"I have my beef with John Cena, and I have my things that I don't like Cena, but you know what? I try to tell him everyday. For The Rock to criticize, come on."

When asked if Rock was a Diva:

"I can't say that. At least the WWE Divas say hi to me in the halls."

Rock said this to WWE Magazine (unrelated story, not sure if its in response to Punk, probably is not directly I don't think)
    They ask the multi-time champion, “Some guys in the locker room aren’t too happy with your return. Do you feel you need to earn their respect, or do you feel they need to earn your respect?”

The Great One responds, “Of course, a few guys have been very vocal about their unhappiness with me coming back. It doesn’t bother me at all. It just proves that they lack perspective."

“Returning to WWE is an incredible opportunity for me. But much bigger than me, it’s an incredible opportunity for the business and, at the end of the day, all we want to do is elevate WWE to new heights never seen before and make the fans happy. For example, when Hulk Hogan returned to WWE, I loved it, because I knew it was going to be incredible for the business. We made history together and made millions and millions of fans happy."

“Always remember that the ones who were vocal and disapproving about me coming back—and we all know who the two are—are the ones who are most insecure and jealous. Maybe one day they’ll smarten up and understand the greater perspective.”

Because he was supposed to last week

And the week before

And I think the week before that too

They've been pressed for time and cutting shit the last few weeks, so that's understandable. Plus, once the decision was made not to have him in the Traditional SS match, they were better off waiting till after (like they did when Karma debuted, waiting until after Mania).

Booker T on commentary

yesssssssssss

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE WWE ICE CREAM BARS

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm part of the 99% that wants ice cream bars

3basnids3lf9.jpg

and the Funkman to bore us to death

This discussion has been closed.