As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Occupy Hell: How come 1% of the forumers get 99% of the gifts?! [Secret Satans]

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Nogs wrote:
    Legba wrote:
    Lovin' that bobblehead.

not a bobblehead actually, just a figure, but I have a shelf of figures so he is gonna be a nice addition

Yeah that wouldn't look bad next to my Samurai Jack figures, either. Pretty sweet haul. :^:

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Sara, having experience as a barista, how do you like your coffee?

(EDIT: Australian Firefox is telling me that barista is not a word wtf)

I'm trying to get myself to drink more drip coffee. I bought some dark roast beans (this is adventurous for me) and I'm gonna buy a little Mr. Coffee sometime this week. If I go to a coffee shop I either get a mocha latte or a hazelnut latte, and I never add any sugar. I try not to. Sometimes I add a little raw sugar. If I drink drip coffee I need like an inch and a half of milk and some sugar. I'm not really a purist, I like whip cream and crap like that, but I'd rather taste the coffee more than not. It's all decaf, and after 2 years of being caffeine free I'm not sure if I'll go back yet. There's a little bit of caffeine in decaf coffee, that should be enough.

I'm not super fancy, I probably couldn't tell you about coffee ~notes~ because I don't drink black coffee really. I'll get there eventually.

• Options
    BEAST! wrote:
    welp, gotta figure out what to do with this fancy coffee maker...hmmm

give it to a homeless man

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    no skeletons today

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I was just curious, because I generally cannot drink coffee without SOME sugar in it, and if I ever did get a coffee machine it would almost definitely come with a milk steamer/frother.

I've been off coffee for a while now anyway, I think the last cup I drank was a month and a half ago. Vanilla latte with half a teaspoon of sugar. I chugged that thing down in under 2 minutes, because apparently I am terrible. <.<

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    i need my update PMs! :o

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    i need my update PMs! :o

I was going to give everyone a chance to check their mail tonight, but ok! Hang on.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    that is a fear of mine though

removing something from the wishlist when my Satan has already bought it or planned to buy it

if this happens ever I will gladly take my gift and kiss all over it no matter what it is, I promise

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Sara Lynn wrote:

removing something from the wishlist when my Satan has already bought it or planned to buy it

if this happens ever I will gladly take my gift and kiss all over it no matter what it is, I promise

If it helps, if they buy it right from your Amazon wishlist it disappears off the list

unless you have the holiday surprise mode enabled

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    zucchini wrote:
    no skeletons today

My sources on the inside tell me that a lil' something something left Philadelphia this afternoon.

Legba on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Sara Lynn wrote:

If it helps, if they buy it right from your Amazon wishlist it disappears off the list

If you like surprises, you have that mode enabled

Otherwise you're a Scrooge

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Sara Lynn wrote:

in which case I think it is marked as "is this a gift" and then notifies you that someone already bought it when someone tries to checkout with it in their cart

I think

that said Sara I share that fear, especially since my wishlist is being shared with multiple groups of people

• Options
    I ordered the bulk of my Satanee's stuff! It's going to come to my house and then I'm going to lovingly wrap things. Since the last two times I've done this I just shipped right from Amazon. Which is totally okay to do, but I want to do some cool stuff this time. I am very excited because they are going to LOVE ITTTT

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Sent, should be there Wednesday, just in time for Thanksgiving!!!!
    I tossed that dumb fancy coffee maker under a bus.

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Dangit Thinkgeek/UPS 3 day shipping should not take a whole week regardless of Thanksgiving.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Sara Lynn wrote:

in which case I think it is marked as "is this a gift" and then notifies you that someone already bought it when someone tries to checkout with it in their cart

I think

that said Sara I share that fear, especially since my wishlist is being shared with multiple groups of people

Stuff that's purchased won't show up for other people, but if you're logged into Amazon and it's your wishlist it'll still be there

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Seriously, you guys have no idea how hard it is to not have looked up the country code for the text I got last night. I want to know, but also don't!

Viv, have you ever had pour-over coffee? It is by far the most delicious brewing method. And it's not as bitter or as difficult to clean up as a French press.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Nogs Satan knows how to put together a great themed gift.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    BEAST! wrote:
    Sent, should be there Wednesday, just in time for Thanksgiving!!!!
    I tossed that dumb fancy coffee maker under a bus.

I hope you at least took a video of it getting run over for youtube.

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    Nice haul Nogs, and great job of Sataning Slacker!

Green Lantern is always a great thing to want, PEZ is awesome forever, and M&Ms are lovely!

@Kusuguttai: They're Kinder, which are apparently beloved around here, so I thought I'd get some for you and spread the joy!

And yay, 1/3 of the stuff I've ordered so far has arrived! Expect 4 more gifts hopefully this month! :]
    You spoiling a n word

• Options
    Seriously, you guys have no idea how hard it is to not have looked up the country code for the text I got last night. I want to know, but also don't!

Viv, have you ever had pour-over coffee? It is by far the most delicious brewing method. And it's not as bitter or as difficult to clean up as a French press.

I would totally look into that if I wasn't on a coffee break for the next little while :P

• Options
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Nice haul Nogs, and great job of Sataning Slacker!

Green Lantern is always a great thing to want, PEZ is awesome forever, and M&Ms are lovely!

@Kusuguttai: They're Kinder, which are apparently beloved around here, so I thought I'd get some for you and spread the joy!

And yay, 1/3 of the stuff I've ordered so far has arrived! Expect 4 more gifts hopefully this month! :]
    You spoiling a n word

You said before I mentioned that I will be soon mailing an envelope with at least 3 more presents inside, and possibly buying at least 6 more things for you in the beginning of 2012

Basically, spoiling is too nice a word at this point

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    sweeney

be my sugar daddy

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    is it wednesday yet?!?!?! i can't wait until my satanee gets this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    sweeney

be my sugar daddy

let me be your hero

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    sweeney

be my sugar daddy

let me be your hero

no

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I shaved with my safety razor for the third time this morning.

shit is nice. The shave is great and not complicated at all and it's just so nice to use good quality gear.

THANKS AGAIN MYSTERY SATAN

#pipe on
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    My favorite thing about shaving with the safety razor is how much easier it is to shave when I have >3 days growth on my face. The razors I have don't give a good god damn how long that shit is, they are cutting through it smooth as silk and that's that.

Also keeps the hair from getting fucking everywhere like it would when I used beard trimmer + electric shaver.

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Someone gifted you a razor? Nice!

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    A safety razor kit is one of the best christmas gifts for a dude who has not tried one

I haven't bought shaving supplies in 3 years.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Legba wrote:
    zucchini wrote:
    no skeletons today

My sources on the inside tell me that a lil' something something left Philadelphia this afternoon.

I await its arrival tomorrow!

Also I don't put sugar or creamer in my coffee anymore unless its 20oz or more

• Options
    are we still talking about coffee?

If not, I like coffee.

• Options
  • Options
    #pipe wrote:

Oh god, that shaving soap.

That is absolutely fantastic.

• Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    I got a safety razor, some colonel conk, a badger hair brush and a bunch of packs of razors last year. I've kinda settled on Astra Stainless blades, as it may be.

• Options
    Cool! I'm using the Feather right now I like it, but I'm gonna try everything.

I don't really even know what I'm looking for right now

• Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    I tend to method shave with smaller strokes, and the stainless is just smoother with that kinda shave. I can go over it one WITH the grain, even, and it'll be good enough for a day, and if I do 1 or 2 times more it's brilliant.

• Options
    I have ten packs of a bunch of blades and I keep telling myself to make a diary of how each one feels but so far I have only been successful in removing one or two types from the pool because they just didn't work for me.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    I should look into some good shaving equipment. Shaving (using cartridge razors) irritates my skin and usually leads to zits and ingrown hairs, especially in the winter.

This discussion has been closed.