As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 and Thread All Over...Too...

• troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    so I guess there is some big Pokemon announcement going down on Dec 18th? any ideas?

• RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah! Got a Jolly DW Tyrogue. 31/31/31/26/31/31

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    It's pretty much got to be either the third version or RS remakes for the 3DS.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    Huh, I think the "Vote to Befriend a Pokémon" got trolled. Thankfully not a successful troll... yet.

And of course everyone seems to have voted for the Arceus.

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
    Heh, Slowflake is gonna be pissed.

• FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    So is it just me, or is Rugged Mountain hard to get to? I still haven't gotten it to appear. I keep getting the original three areas, and very rarely, Spooky Manor.

Don't tell me I've gotta have a certain point level... I'm nearly 30,000 pts.

This is quite vexing.

Ferquin N.C. Root
    Huh, I think the "Vote to Befriend a Pokémon" got trolled. Thankfully not a successful troll... yet.

And of course everyone seems to have voted for the Arceus.

Ugh...mostly legendaries. If it's a starter, it'd better be female.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    I've gotten lucky with Rugged Mountain. And I don't think there's any point requirement to get there, since my other cart can get there with only 5000 points.

I also was wondering why Ditto was so popular until I went and read what it's DW ability actually did. Honestly, I'm still not sure it's that amazing unless I'm missing something.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I've gotten lucky with Rugged Mountain. And I don't think there's any point requirement to get there, since my other cart can get there with only 5000 points.

I also was wondering why Ditto was so popular until I went and read what it's DW ability actually did. Honestly, I'm still not sure it's that amazing unless I'm missing something.

It copies the current stats (except for one, health?) of the other pokemon, including stat boosts. So if you scarf it, it can always hit the other pokemon first. You know what? even if it is a troll, and even if I'm not really all that impressed with the ability, I'd rather have mudkip than Arceus

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    Same here, Spoit. It's a shame that they're offering a legendary that's been available in the past, although they very well should have released the fucking Azure Flute.

Honestly, to be fair, it would have been more beneficial to not include a poké that has no DW ability in the voting pool.

Still - allowing the internet to vote for a poké, with a "hack" available to vote multiple times from one account is a tad on the dumb side of things.

Woot! They finally figured out how to abuse the RNG on a DSi and a 3DS! No more switching to my Phat to abuse!

Well, unless I find it annoying to not see the DSi's clock directly.

RockinX wrote:
    Woot! They finally figured out how to abuse the RNG on a DSi and a 3DS! No more switching to my Phat to abuse!

Well, unless I find it annoying to not see the DSi's clock directly.

It seems like it'd be annoying to deal with RNG on a 3DS or DSi. The Phat's settings are so damn easy to get to.

• glithertglithert Registered User regular
    I do it on a phat. Because that's the only one I own.

• LuxLux Registered User regular
    Do any of you watch House? In the opening segment last night:

"That's why Arceus created a universe with three states of matter."
    "Arceus?"
    "Look it up."

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    It will be funny if Mudkip wins.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    edited December 2011
    Just a reminder to all that V-Create Victini can now be downloaded off of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. You have until New Year's Eve to download it.

Also, am I the only one who watched the White movie over the weekend? It was...so-so. Not the best movie. But I got a free giant Victini TCG card out of it. Also, got to battle my friend over lunch after we watched the movie.

Oh, and don't forget, they're showing the Black movie on Cartoon Network this weekend. It's after the (uncut) rebroadcast of the Zoroark movie. Wee! Double feature!

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
    edited December 2011
    Oh cool, gonna record those movies to watch with my kid. Also I didn't know about the Victini, another thing my kid will be happy about since he was bummed he missed the initial Liberty Pass thing. Thanks for posting.

troublebrewing on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    This Victini is nuts. It's holding a Fire Gem and has Searing Shot, V-create, Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt (all of which have exactly 5 PP).

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Thanks, Ferquin, I wasn't aware that they started distributing the Victini today. Now I have enough motivation to figure out my DSi's parameters.

Pokemon White is $19.99 with free shipping on GameFly's daily deals if anybody has been waiting to buy it for some reason. I don't think I've ever seen even the older generations for that cheap.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    For some reason I can't get the Croagunk c-gear skin, I type in "NPCGEAR" and it keeps saying that it's wrong.

edited December 2011
    You're not missing out on anything worth catching, believe me.

RockinX on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Nobunaga Ambition X Pokemon for the DS, folks:

72rv0.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    I think I speak for everyone when I say that I never saw this coming.

• EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    I laughed. A lot

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Pokémon during medieval Japan. I can dig it. How does one catch them though? Enquiring minds need to know!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So are pokemon finally going to kill each other? I mean, the setting is war and all

Not saying that I'd like to really watch that, but it'll be interesting to see how they handle that aspect.

EVOL on
  • LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Here's a direct feed trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34bzH5Eo04

Looks to be the Pokemon SRPG some people wanted.

The setting and premise are patently ridiculous, especially as a fan of the Warriors games making me familiar with Koei's portrayals of the Feudal Japanese figures. I love it. Especially since you get an Eevee as a starter.

How does Mewtwo exist in Feudal Japan?

Although I just realized, this isn't going to be localized, is it? I mean, it's a plain Jane DS RPG well into the early life of the 3DS, based on an absurdly popular franchise mixed with another franchise that's only insanely popular in Japan. Tough call. I reckon NOA won't say a word until E3 either, then very quietly announce it, like they did with the DS games they announced at E3 this year like Kirby: Mass Attack and Fossil Fighters: Champions.

LordOfMeep on
    SpaceGarSig.png
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Its Pokemon. If this DOESNT get localized I'd be amazed.

Hell they keep releasing Mystery Dungeon and Ranger games...

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I was checking in here to make sure someone was talking about that. This is a ludicrous crossover. I will buy the shit out of this game and pray it leads to Pokemon Musou.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Conan-sanConan-san Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Its Pokemon. If this DOESNT get localized I'd be amazed.

Hell they keep releasing Mystery Dungeon and Ranger games...
    It's Nintendo of America, if it doesn't fit some utterly arbitrary audience target, we'll pretend it doesn't exist to the point of destroying our PR because we're still sore about Earthbound.

That said, "Pokémon: The ambition of Nobunaga" is bought the second it's released in English.

Conan-san on
    edited December 2011
    Reynolds wrote:
    I was checking in here to make sure someone was talking about that. This is a ludicrous crossover. I will buy the shit out of this game and pray it leads to Pokemon Musou.

Oh god that would be the best thing ever, even if they had to resort to sticking to bipedal pokemon to make it work.

Also a friend proposed to me that Koei could damn well push NoA into localizing this if nothing else, since introducing Nobunaga's Ambition to Pokemon fans would give them a bigger audience.

LordOfMeep on
    SpaceGarSig.png
  • InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    This is the most bizarre and awesome news. I'm a little concerned about this getting brought overseas, but it's still Pokemon. No way does it get kept in Japan.

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Most of the Koei games come out over here already, so I think this is pretty likely to make the trip as well.

I think they could just keep it in the same setting as this game, for a Musou version. You play as the human but can collect and equip Pokemon just like weapons, for stat bonuses and special attacks. Play up the more kid-friendly atmosphere and make it a little easier, and it could be a fun, lighter DW game.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    What Pokémon games haven't come out? Blue (except it kinda did), Stadium 1 (Nearly useless compared to the real Stadium 2 we got) TCG Color (This one hurts) and Typing?

Not bad for a franchise with about a few dozen games!

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    What Pokémon games haven't come out? Blue (except it kinda did), Stadium 1 (Nearly useless compared to the real Stadium 2 we got) TCG Color (This one hurts) and Typing?

Que?

Que?

You're probably confused a bit by the naming here, let me fix that for you.

Japanese Pokemon Stadium 1: Unreleased in the US, only had about half of the 1st gen Pokemon playable.

Japanese Pokemon Stadium 2: Our Pokemon Stadium 1

Japanese Pokemon Stadium GS: Our Pokemon Stadium 2

SpaceGarSig.png
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I'm more of a Dynasty Warriors guy rather than a Samurai Warriors one, but still...

I must have this.

Also, why does that guy in white (whose name I can't remember) get a Mewtwo of all Pokémon? Seems a bit broken. Especially since he wasn't the one to unify Japan.

This discussion has been closed.