As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Comic: Monday, Nov. 21, 2011 - Trufax

RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazedby the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
edited November 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-LB4Sp79-XL.jpg
We’ve already explained in absolute terms why you might find the occasional rupee spirited away. I found a Link inside a Wind Waker gashapon that I ostensibly got for my son, and the figure included a little rupee inside the egg, and they’re just as desirable in real life. I took it. Oh, don’t look at me like that. He has no idea what it is.

So, rupees; obviously, we know all about those. They’ve been recast as plump in the new one, as though gems could be ripe, which has had the effect of magnifying their power even further. But the hearts? That’s pretty weird, right? Why are they coming out of there? Don’t worry; we have compressed this notion as well.

Child’s Play is off like a shot, and between Erika’s stellar redesign slash Kristin and Jamie’s organizational know-how the entire thing hums. Is it customary for a charity to have a calendar you could describe as “bad-ass”? Let those other charities play it safe with their mealy-mouthed chronologies while we deliver the scheduling equivalent of Beast Mode. At $740,000 as of this morning, you might think that we could take a moment to be satisfied, or to pose at length for an oil portrait. To “chill,” in the parlance of the young.

But you know as we do - that 2010’s haul is ever nipping at the heel, baying in its pursuit. It is our task, collectively, to make a simple assertion: to state, numerically and without equivocation, that regardless of how increasingly fucked absolutely everything is, this didn’t change.

Desert Bus is days into their apocalyptic journey, and they need you to get out and push. Won’t you help?

(CW)TB out.

what a vulgar moon

8406wWN.png
Rankenphile on

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I always just assumed it was stored energy from the planet, pockets of life which are being concealed just awaiting the hero of Hyrule.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    What they don't address are the heart flowers that can be picked, nay, harvested as if they were some sort of fruit. That's some adaptive evolution right there.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    By this point, the grass should start to tremble with fear and offer up it's bounty before Link gets within arm's reach.

kingworks on
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    After a hard night of exothermic heat exchange, the dew-heavy survivors awoke to find their friends slaughtered. The survivor's guilt that followed would send them into existential spiral of self destruction and personal discovery.

This is their story.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    After a hard night of exothermic heat exchange, the dew-heavy survivors awoke to find their friends slaughtered. The survivor's guilt that followed would send them into existential spiral of self destruction and personal discovery.

This is their story.

:^:

So many :^: at this post.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Kaiser CrabKaiser Crab Registered User new member
    I didn't know PA got their comic ideas from other comics...

(dubya dubya dubya dot)hejibits(dot com)/comics/heartless-horticulture/

Hejibits, October 3rd. Come on, PA, you're better than this!

• The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    I didn't know PA got their comic ideas from other comics...

(dubya dubya dubya dot)hejibits(dot com)/comics/heartless-horticulture/

Hejibits, October 3rd. Come on, PA, you're better than this!

You're right, it's completely impossible for multiple creative minds to come up with the same joke about a game concept that's been around since the 80s.

Also, the execution is completely different, but you're right, they're obviously the same joke.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Also that comic was terrible.