As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed III: THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Playing brotherhood gets you courtesan, not preordering ACR. I think it's based on MP server data, as I don't think I had singleplayer data for Brotherhood when I unlocked her. Knight is the only uPlay character, yeah.

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So... Stuns NEVER FUCKING work for me, but I think I've accepted that fact. Namely because in the full 10 minutes games I've played I'm in the top 3 in points but I never have the most kills.

newSig.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I really like the way this game distinguishes regular guards from templars. I will murder anybody in red, but I'll sneak around the Ottomans.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote:
    So... Stuns NEVER FUCKING work for me, but I think I've accepted that fact. Namely because in the full 10 minutes games I've played I'm in the top 3 in points but I never have the most kills.

I just run away and hide every time I see someone acting suspicious now.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    The last time I played Brotherhood's Multiplayer, I got chain stunned for 5 minutes. I don't think I'll even bother touching this one.

Especially with the SP being so meh this time around. I think Ubi's over milked it at this point; if I don't have hard answers on everything by the end of this game, they've lost my business.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    You're not going to get hard answers on everything by the end of this game because it's not Assassin's Creed III which is going to be out next year. So I guess you're done.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Can only speak for videos I've seen but chain stunning seems to be more difficult to maintain in ACR. Also if your buddy gets to you he can pull you up by pressing Y/triangle. Though once you get stunned a second time you should just respawn.

Can see the reason for the bitter feelings for it though.

Yeah stunning was bullshit in Brotherhood and I didn't even play much. When I made an effort to do some achievements after I finished Brotherhood a month or two ago, because the community is/was nonexistant I kept getting put into parties with people of level 50 or really high, and I'd just get destroyed constantly. Some games I'd do ok but the others I'd just get murdered/stunned constantly with no end and I could hardly even "play".

I shudder to think that I still plan on trying to get in some boosting parties on 360achievements to 100% that game.

Houn wrote:
    The last time I played Brotherhood's Multiplayer, I got chain stunned for 5 minutes. I don't think I'll even bother touching this one.

Especially with the SP being so meh this time around. I think Ubi's over milked it at this point; if I don't have hard answers on everything by the end of this game, they've lost my business.

don't get your hopes up on the hard answers

PNk1Ml4.png
  • JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    I am obsessed with the trailer for this game, especially with the song. I feel bad for not finishing AC:2 though:(

edited November 2011
    Don't bother unless you've finished AC:2 and Brotherhood. It's all one continuing story.

Houn on
  • JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Houn wrote:
    Don't bother unless you've finished AC:2 and Brotherhood. It's all one continuing story.

Yeah I figured that. I am going to finish it up soon and hope I get Brotherhood during the upcoming sales. Which in turn get this on sale.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I spent most of today playing this game. Captured all the towns, got level 15 assassins in all dens, and am working on putting as many assassins into each town as is allowed.

Aside from that, I finished Sequences 3 and 4. Definitely not enjoying this as much as Brotherhood, but it's still fun.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I only play Wanted so I can only imagine getting stunlocked.

Though playing a matching and getting first place with over 3000 points and around 7/8 kills felt awesome. Even more so because I won by 50 points by a guy with 12 kills.

newSig.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Another thing I liked about Revelations in comparison to Brotherhood...
    While Brotherhood has a clear central antagonist from early on, Revelation's final bad guy doesn't turn up until near the end. However, while Cesare was a clear antagonist, he definately didn't give off a Templar's motivation vibe, rather he just wanted to conquer everything. I think this was a problem with the Italian Templars as a whole (yes Rodrigo was Spanish, not important), that they never seemed to co-ordinate with what the Templars are stated to want. Ahmet actually does what he does because he believes in the Templar ideology, that a unified world order under an elite is the best way to peace, and he and Ezio actually debate liberty versus order. I think we needed a little more of this in the series as a whole.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Aww boo, I have to kill the Renegade in SP to play him in MP?

Was gonna save SP till I could play through AssBro, hope I can get a better deal on Black Friday then the (already very good) deal GameTap/GetGames has right now.

Guess I'll just go with the Guardian then.

Karoz on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote:
    I spent most of today playing this game. Captured all the towns, got level 15 assassins in all dens, and am working on putting as many assassins into each town as is allowed.

Aside from that, I finished Sequences 3 and 4. Definitely not enjoying this as much as Brotherhood, but it's still fun.

Level 15? All my dudes seem to cap out at 10. How are you getting them to 15? Also, how are you assigning them to dens? I can assign them to cities in Meditteranean Defense, but I haven't seen an option anywhere to assign my guys to specific dens in Constantinople. And I'm eager to, especially if it means I don't have to play Den Defense anymore - I like the idea but it really feels like it is impossible to win.

camo_sig2.png
    Get an assassin to level 10, then go to a den, and step into the light. It'll ask you to assign a Master from among your 10s.

Also, if you don't want to play Den Defense, just go take over all the Dens. Once you have them all, the templar stop attacking.

jclast wrote:
    SteevL wrote:

Level 15? All my dudes seem to cap out at 10. How are you getting them to 15? Also, how are you assigning them to dens? I can assign them to cities in Meditteranean Defense, but I haven't seen an option anywhere to assign my guys to specific dens in Constantinople. And I'm eager to, especially if it means I don't have to play Den Defense anymore - I like the idea but it really feels like it is impossible to win.

The first level 10 you get should give you a message that you can assign them to a den.

If you look at your map, assuming you have a level 10+ that isn't out doing missions, the assassin icon should be black instead of white indicating that there's a master assassin mission avaliable at said den.

You just go inside and step on the glowy and assign the assassin and take the mission. There's two master assassin missions per den, one when you install them, and another when they reach level 15.

You probably have to be on sequence 3+ to be able to do the master assassin stuff, but it's avaliable pretty early. The first one you ever do has to be the Galatia den I think. So maybe check that one first. You'll do a mission then send that assassin on a Mediterranean defense mission that will take him away for the duration of sequence 3 (maybe instant if you are past that?, I am not recalling how integrated this specific Master Assassin is into the actual story of sequence 3, so it might be forced).

Only the master assassins can go above level 10 and you can only ever get one per den, i.e. 7 15's total; the rest can only be 10 or under.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So, about story shit. I'm rather glad the Assassin's get called out for playing politics, the Sentinel's story shows...
    How they continue to fuck things up. I think Curly mentioned a big prior problem was the Assassins built brothels and theives dens rather than schools. Now they're openly supporting expansionist regimes for no other reason than they oppose the Templars.

My problem with this is simple. Altair had the dickishness to at least kill everyone equally, Crusader and Saracen. He didn't take sides. Now Ezio is pretty much openly backing the Ottomans under one of their most territorially aggressive Sultans, and we're supposed to be cheering for him because they hate the Templars. Sorry, that just doesn't jive. The Sentinel is totally right calling the Assassins out on their bullshit of helping the Ottomans conquer Wallachia and kill Vlad. The Assassin have become... "defenders of human liberty... as long as they aren't enemies of our allies in which case they're fucked."

Rather than working from the shadows, the Assassins have basically become Templar like, in they're willing to sacrifice other nations' liberty if it helps their goals. If that's what the organization continued to evolve into I'm glad the Templars stamped them out. At least Desmond can take out the rest of them without their hypocritical 'we are the protectors of human liberty' bullshit.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    One annoying thing about Mediterranean Defense (and this was an issue in Brotherhood as well) is the constant notification popups in the middle of cutscenes letting me know that Jimbob just finished beating up a historian in Tripoli and that he is now level 10 and therefore can be assigned to one of my dens except he can't because all my dens already have a master assassin.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Oh man you guys, my Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia just game in the mail.

It comes in an electrostatic bag with Abstergo Industries fluff warnings all over it.

And the first splash piece of art is a picture of Ezio circa-Revelations by Craig Mullins.

Already worth the price of admission.

DarkPrimus on
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Just watched Embers. What's the general opinion about it? I like the mood and relative low-keyness - it's not the batshit crazy stuff of Assassin's Creed 2 or Brotherhood - but the visuals look too cheap to work for me. Even if the film (supposedly) uses assets from the game, the texturing is flat. Perhaps it's supposed to look like drawn animation, but instead it looks like animatics for the real thing.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Finished this the other day and while I enjoy the stupid story as much as always, the game has definitely lost it's shine for me.

The game felt stunted and cluttered all at the same time. Really disappointed as I loved 2 and Brotherhood was one of the best games I played this year. Bit disheartened that this, Batman and Uncharted all failed to impress me this year. At least Zelda and Skyrim have been standout so it's not a total end of year failure.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    Craig Mullins, as in the guy that did the chapter art for Marathon 2 and Infinity? OK, sold. I need to get that thing yesterday.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Oh man you guys, my Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia just game in the mail.

It comes in an electrostatic bag with Abstergo Industries fluff warnings all over it.

And the first splash piece of art is a picture of Ezio circa-Revelations by Craig Mullins.

Already worth the price of admission.

I really want it, but the shipping costs are just so expensive.

edited November 2011
    Chris FOM wrote:
    Craig Mullins, as in the guy that did the chapter art for Marathon 2 and Infinity? OK, sold. I need to get that thing yesterday.

Unfortunately the majority of the art doesn't have the artists credited like the splash did, but it's all very pretty nonetheless. And if I know my Craig Mullins, there's definitely more of his work there. Also art of all the purchasable weapons, Brotherhood MP personas, AC1 NPCs... lots of nice stuff.

I've gone through the first part of the book, which is about the history of the Assassins, Templars and Those Who Came Before. Not only does it comprehensively cover everything from all the games, it has lots of little tidbits that are at least new to me (though maybe they're from the PSP games?), and I picked up on at least one thing that might be actually talking about AC3. I'm sure I'll get more of that once I actually get into the character profiles.

Oh, the art prints are all pretty much everyone's favorite AC fan art, too. The Cowboy Assassin, Egyptian Assassin, Scantily-Clad Woman Assassin, etc.

DarkPrimus on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I still don't know how people can say they weren't impressed by Arkham City
    I mean if it didn't live up to whatever expectations you had, or something bugged you about it, fine

But the amount of work that went into that game is staggering and to say that you are not at all impressed by that is... man, I don't know

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i really really like the mask that your assassins get once they become full-fledged assassino. i put it on them as soon as i can because they look bad-asssssss
    i wish ezio could get that mask and if he can UNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGFFFFFFFFF SO WANT

Grey Ghost wrote:
    I still don't know how people can say they weren't impressed by Arkham City
    I mean if it didn't live up to whatever expectations you had, or something bugged you about it, fine

But the amount of work that went into that game is staggering and to say that you are not at all impressed by that is... man, I don't know

Obviously not the thread for my rant but that's cool because it's not what I said. Just listed 3 triple a titles that I am fans of the franchises that didn't do it for me this time round. I'm still struggling to put a finger on what is the problem with each of those titles but other people have listed similar feelings more eloquently than I could on all three.

It's possible that my tastes have changed slightly or that I've just played too many games of late but that doesn't explain why I still can't get enough of some titles.

Anyway, if anyone wants to discuss the ending of AC then fire away.

Ending related spoiler/question
    When Ezio is having his vision bit it sounds like Sofia is talking to him (with him responding in the background) but it cuts back and he is alone in the room.

I haven't found time to replay that section to verify this but it confused me.

steam_sig.png
  • symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    i really really like the mask that your assassins get once they become full-fledged assassino. i put it on them as soon as i can because they look bad-asssssss
    i wish ezio could get that mask and if he can UNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGFFFFFFFFF SO WANT
    Start collecting memoir pages. 8-)

So, about story shit. I'm rather glad the Assassin's get called out for playing politics, the Sentinel's story shows...
    How they continue to fuck things up. I think Curly mentioned a big prior problem was the Assassins built brothels and theives dens rather than schools. Now they're openly supporting expansionist regimes for no other reason than they oppose the Templars.

My problem with this is simple. Altair had the dickishness to at least kill everyone equally, Crusader and Saracen. He didn't take sides. Now Ezio is pretty much openly backing the Ottomans under one of their most territorially aggressive Sultans, and we're supposed to be cheering for him because they hate the Templars. Sorry, that just doesn't jive. The Sentinel is totally right calling the Assassins out on their bullshit of helping the Ottomans conquer Wallachia and kill Vlad. The Assassin have become... "defenders of human liberty... as long as they aren't enemies of our allies in which case they're fucked."

Rather than working from the shadows, the Assassins have basically become Templar like, in they're willing to sacrifice other nations' liberty if it helps their goals. If that's what the organization continued to evolve into I'm glad the Templars stamped them out. At least Desmond can take out the rest of them without their hypocritical 'we are the protectors of human liberty' bullshit.
    I agree with you 100% on this and I wish the game called them out more explicitly on this, I think the most we got was 16 sarcastically calling the assassins "good guys".
    Adda wrote:

When Ezio is having his vision bit it sounds like Sofia is talking to him (with him responding in the background) but it cuts back and he is alone in the room.

I'm pretty sure that was Altair and Maria talking.

PNk1Ml4.png
    edited November 2011
    Playing Steal the Artifact online is insane. For the whole session there was action going on, especially if you had the artifact yourself. Free-for-alls have been fun for me, although I despise Wanted the most; it gives you little incentive to actually hide other than "not dying". If they gave you proximity bonuses I would like it but they don't, which irks me. I usually end up in 4th or 5th place on some games because I actually tried to stay alive.

Still waiting on the issues with grouping to be fixed, though. After playing Artifact Assault with a friend at the end of waiting a long time for a match to show up, I had a pretty enjoyable experience coordinating efforts into taking/defending flags.

TolerantZero on
    edited November 2011
    So it turns out I like Simple Deathmatch I thought I was going to hate it, and was just doing it for the achievement where you play once in every gametype, but when you don't have any radar or abilities to use, it really does come down to quality of kills performed - I got killed almost the most out of anyone but came in first because almost every time I was killed I contested it, and all my kills were at least discreet.

DarkPrimus on
    See, I thought SD would be pretty cool until I found out you're always the only one of your persona, making it incredibly easy to be found out.

What I was hoping for was a game mode that had no abilities/perks available, but you could still blend in with a crowd of similar personas so you can still act stealthy. Alas, Simple Deathmatch is not this.

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    AC3 really needs a kick in the ass. If they don't go with modern Desmond, then I'm hoping for a female protagonist, either in the French Revolution or in an Asian setting.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    A couple of annoyances:

The first is a bug that's been carried on from Brotherhood, yet still hasn't been fixed for some stupid reason. Playing old memories or even just Altair memories wipes your parachutes. At this point, I don't even bother buying them at all as it's usually a waste of money.

And the second is that I'm not getting funds every 20 minutes. I have a theory that managing my assassins is actually resetting the time but I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that I ran around for like 30 minutes, only really buying stuff and managing my assassins and I didn't get a thing.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    They're reportedly working on a patch for the money thing

-Tal wrote:

I agree with you 100% on this and I wish the game called them out more explicitly on this, I think the most we got was 16 sarcastically calling the assassins "good guys".
    Adda wrote:

I'm pretty sure that was Altair and Maria talking.

Dur that makes more sense :D

steam_sig.png
    I have like 30 hours on the game and I haven't once seen a Templar Tax Collector.

I've read that apparently if you hang out by the bank when money is deposited they can show up...but money isn't being deposited. I've been standing there well over 20 minutes now, so whatever is causing money problems with others, it is me too; however I haven't touched my assassins in awhile.