As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

wow, it's [chat]!

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Apparently a guy went on the American Dragon's Den claiming his special water could cure cancer?

I want to see a clip of this.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    I was assuming that they took you at face value and required an in depth description of the invention of swans.

Oh, that'd be easy.

"Get a duck, some growth hormones, a bunch of those rings some women put around their necks to make them longer and some tippex. The rest is self-explanatory." If they ask for more detail make a face like you can't believe they're so dense and maybe you don't want to work for this Mickey Mouse outfit anymore.

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote:
    Good morrow. So, the stalking is already in full swing, eh?

*creep*

Actually, I am already done my stalking and shopping. Now I wait for the delivery man to arrive so I can wrap and ship to my Santee.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    Apparently a guy went on the American Dragon's Den claiming his special water could cure cancer?

Prince Charles was on Dragon's Den?

It seems the last Secret Santa gift I got someone would have made a great gift for my current one. Can't do the same thing again, though. Hmmm.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Making coffee. There is something very soothing with making coffee.

ftOqU21.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    All the Santas should just pool their money

and send Dyna 47 Buddha heads

As long as they're handcrafted by genuine Indian artisans.

Bogart wrote:

Prince Charles was on Dragon's Den?

He gave Duncan Banatyne and Theo Pathitis a 45% stake in the Monarchy in return for help with his organic carrot business.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    oh ego search, how i've missed you.

although you did dredge up some shit from the past that gave me some complicated feelings but we're cool now.

All hail CoKing Duncan and CoKing Theodorus!

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Wait, the Luc Besson Taken?

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

That is entertaining. All we get in the UK is that guy who had magic shaving gel that made blades last forever and was going to bring down the whole men's shaving industry, but he didn't want to sell it to one of those companies because they'd just sit on it AND HE WAS TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORLD. WHY CAN'T YOU SEE MY GENIUS.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

That is entertaining. All we get in the UK is that guy who had magic shaving gel that made blades last forever and was going to bring down the whole men's shaving industry, but he didn't want to sell it to one of those companies because they'd just sit on it AND HE WAS TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORLD. WHY CAN'T YOU SEE MY GENIUS.

I remember one guy had a pretty rubbish pitch about a piece of plastic designed to stop the centre of pizzas getting soggy, and it looked like he was going to flop until Peter Jones suddenly talked himself into seeing the potential. I think he got two dragons in spite of himself.

Dynagrip wrote:

I really think just one more would be good.

That way you would have a match set.

If I was your Secret Santa, I would totes send you a Buddha head.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

I would go to indochina and steal the head of a buddha statue

use explosives to get it off

have it delivered via sikorsky skycrane

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote:
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

I would go to indochina and steal the head of a buddha statue

use explosives to get it off

have it delivered via sikorsky skycrane

Set it on the lawn right in front of Dyna's house.

It would be glorious!

Steam
    edited November 2011
    as the guy comes out to wonder what the loud crash was and sees a fifteen ton buddha head chrushing his car, I'll be shouting from the rising helicopter, "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I'd actually like a massive buddha head. Once I have cash and a garden, this is what I shall purchase.

Abdhyius wrote:
    as the guy comes out to wonder what the loud crash was and sees a fifteen ton buddha head chrushing his car, I'll be shouting from the rising helicopter, "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

His car would never be covered by insurance though.

Due to it being an act of god.

8-)

Steam
    Abdhyius wrote:

I hope you're abusing your army connections and using a hi-tech military helicopter for this.

You need some style.

Bogart wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    I was assuming that they took you at face value and required an in depth description of the invention of swans.

Oh, that'd be easy.

"Get a duck, some growth hormones, a bunch of those rings some women put around their necks to make them longer and some tippex. The rest is self-explanatory." If they ask for more detail make a face like you can't believe they're so dense and maybe you don't want to work for this Mickey Mouse outfit anymore.
    You're hired.

I don't get the insurance "act of god" thing.

If you believe in an omnipotent god, everything is an act of god.

If you don't and it's just a random occurence, well, unexpected things is why you have insurance

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote:

If you don't and it's just a random occurence, well, unexpected things is why you have insurance

Hey... I am not an Insuranceologist.

All I know is that it's a thing.

Steam
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    so a buddy of mine is downtown at the Occupy Toronto protests, and is now sending me texts about what's happening

thus far it's been pretty staid and normal. people are screaming at the cops, the cops are just quietly moving around examining the camp, haven't really done anything yet

Pony wrote:
    so a buddy of mine is downtown at the Occupy Toronto protests, and is now sending me texts about what's happening

thus far it's been pretty staid and normal. people are screaming at the cops, the cops are just quietly moving around examining the camp, haven't really done anything yet

So then why are people screaming them?
    :?

Steam
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Pony wrote:

So then why are people screaming them?
    :?

because people do that

they scream at and antagonize the cops when the cops haven't even done anything yet

then the cops do stuff and they cry and play martyr

it's repugnant

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:

I wonder if you could take them to court over it. They deny your claim with the 'act of god' clause, so you sue them to prove the existence of god, otherwise they have to pay up. It sounds like it'd be an easy victory for you.

nibXTE7.png

Pony wrote:

tell him to get a glass bottle, fill it with 3/4ths gasoline and 1/4th motor oil, put a rag in the opening, put the lid on, turn it on its head so the rag gets soaked, light it, and throw it at a cop

ftOqU21.png
    Larisa Oleynik is so pretty. I'm glad she's back on TV.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Whennnnnnnnn theeeeeeeeeee

cop hits your eye like a big pizza pie thats...

a protest...

nibXTE7.png
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

Yes she is, and on what show?

Steam
    oh good, they're trying to board up a gazebo to fortify it against police entry

that's gonna go well

MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

Hawaii Five-0

Pony wrote:

that's gonna go well

um

why?

ftOqU21.png
  • thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:

tell him to get a glass bottle, fill it with 3/4ths gasoline and 1/4th motor oil, put a rag in the opening, put the lid on, turn it on its head so the rag gets soaked, light it, and throw it at a cop

wait a minute

Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

Hawaii Five-0

Oh.

Well that's disappointing.

Steam
    Five-o! five-o!

ftOqU21.png
    edited November 2011
    They may take our lands but they'll never take... our gazebo?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    Hawaii Five-0 is incredible. Every episode they murder dozens of "suspects" for pretty vague reasons while making witty quips. The only weakness it has is a "wacky" forensic investigator, who I'm hoping will die soon.

Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:

that's gonna go well

um

why?

look man i don't know

these people refuse to lose. they've lost. there was a legal battle in the courts, they lost, their tent city has to go down, them's the fuckin' breaks

but some of them do NOT want to accept that, and they're acting like 10 year olds who don't want to leave summer camp and go back home to their real lives

This discussion has been closed.