As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

wow, it's [chat]!

1848586878890»

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    if you're gonna shout "they'll never take our X!", then X really should be something they really can't take.

"freedom" is a very bad one here. "they can take our lives but they can't take our freedom?" Have you never heard of jail?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    They may take our lands but they'll never take... our gazebo?

The cops are going to attack the gazebo.

*nerd laugh*

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Pony wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    oh good, they're trying to board up a gazebo to fortify it against police entry

that's gonna go well

um

why?

look man i don't know

these people refuse to lose. they've lost. there was a legal battle in the courts, they lost, their tent city has to go down, them's the fuckin' breaks

but some of them do NOT want to accept that, and they're acting like 10 year olds who don't want to leave summer camp and go back home to their real lives

oh the cops are gonna evict them

then I get it.

I say good on them! Let the cops have a grand old hippie-bashing time.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    oh god, one of the dudes near my friend is screaming at the cops asking to see a warrant for them poking around in the tents

jesus christ people

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    if you're gonna shout "they'll never take our X!", then X really should be something they really can't take.

"freedom" is a very bad one here. "they can take our lives but they can't take our freedom?" Have you never heard of jail?

"They can take anything we have really, even abstract concepts, but fight anyway" isn't all that inspiring though.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    also, hm okay have to get people to leave, they've barricaded themselves inside a gazebo

what to do what to do

oh I know

lob a tear gas grenade in there

or maybe just put it outside of it where they can't reach

let's see how long they want to stay.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Perhaps tell them a 5-piece New Orleans-style brass band needs to use the gazebo.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    if they've shut themselves inside a gazebo then they're stuck

so just throw like, spiders and beehives and tear gas in there until they start tearing it down

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    also, hm okay have to get people to leave, they've barricaded themselves inside a gazebo

what to do what to do

oh I know

thus far, the cops haven't done any of those things

they're just quietly milling around, making notes of where the tents are and how many people are in them and so on

they're planning a move, not sure what that move is yet, but knowing the Toronto Police it's going to be something a little more targeted and precise than kettling the whole park with riot shields n shit

• Options
    hahahah they're now packing up and taking away the port-o-potties

that seems like a good first move

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    hahahah they're now packing up and taking away the port-o-potties

that seems like a good first move

hahaha

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pony wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:

what to do what to do

oh I know

thus far, the cops haven't done any of those things

they're just quietly milling around, making notes of where the tents are and how many people are in them and so on

they're planning a move, not sure what that move is yet, but knowing the Toronto Police it's going to be something a little more targeted and precise than kettling the whole park with riot shields n shit

if they were military police they'd sort this out quick-like

at one end of the park, you have your mps, in an angled line

you throw some tear gas into the camp, then have your mp line march forward

when they're close you give them the order to present bayonets and go into half step (and close their eyes and hold their breath)

and then you keep marching until you're through the gas cloud

easy peasy

fuck riot shields, a line of bayonets will make everybody move

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:

when they're close you give them the order to present bayonets and go into half step (and close their eyes and hold their breath)

easy peasy

Yep, tear gassing and then stabbing incapacitated civilian protesters to death is a fantastic idea.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:

easy peasy

Yep, tear gassing and then stabbing incapacitated civilian protesters to death is a fantastic idea.

Well it would certainly make them think twice about protesting again.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Sounds like a great time to use one of those experimental area denial devices. Like the microwave emitter that gives everyone a sun burn or the ultrasonic one that causes people to become disoriented and nauseous.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    apparently the police are going around putting tags on every tent, in preparation for just grabbing them all and packing them up

so that people can then claim their belongings later, i guess

• Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    I am shocked by Anno 2070, it has turned out to be a marvelous game.

The soundtrack alone is pretty incredible.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:

easy peasy

anyone who is unable to get a move on when poked with a bayonet obviously wants to be stabbed

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    @gooey @tyrannus have y'all landed on Kerbal's Mun yet? I have not, just downloaded v 0.12. The piloting might be kind of tricky. they need a better interface, something in addition to the roll/pitch/yaw compass.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    there was a blog somewhere that described the police waiting until night when most of the protesters had gone home, dismantling the encampment, and then occupying the space. as in, Occupying. same choice of tactic.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Dynagrip wrote:
    @gooey @tyrannus have y'all landed on Kerbal's Mun yet? I have not, just downloaded v 0.12. The piloting might be kind of tricky. they need a better interface, something in addition to the roll/pitch/yaw compass.

I orbited the sun.

Aiming for the mun is kind of a PITA.

Steam
  • Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    Lady Eri wrote:
    I am shocked by Anno 2070, it has turned out to be a marvelous game.

The soundtrack alone is pretty incredible.

What's that game's deal? I saw it on Steam's top sellers list and didn't know what it was and I was just like, "What are you, game? What are you doing here? What's your deal?"

• Options
    so the cops have started dismantling the tents at Occupy Toronto

it's been peaceful, quiet, and hasn't been any violent confrontations thus far

the protestors are shouting shit and threatening to do stuff but they're not actually doing anything to stop police

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think I'm actually going to make a couple of presents to my santee. Like maybe a little robot and some yet to be determined item. Probably throw in a third gift, like a book or a movie, in case they hate the results of my DIYness.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I think I'm actually going to make a couple of presents to my santee. Like maybe a little robot and some yet to be determined item. Probably throw in a third gift, like a book or a movie, in case they hate the results of my DIYness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyxF5ETDY1U

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:

the protestors are shouting shit and threatening to do stuff but they're not actually doing anything to stop police

A polite breaking up of a protest rally.

It's like they're trying to be stereotypical Canadians.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Pony wrote:

A polite breaking up of a protest rally.

It's like they're trying to be stereotypical Canadians.

i think they learned from the G20 fiasco last year what works and what doesn't

not having a bunch of foreign cops fucking things up probably helps

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    I can't decide if my plan for my victim is cruel or funny.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    being at home puts me in a bad mood. no bueno.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    the last time there was an occupation of sorts in Norway that the police were trying to break up, people weren't just sitting about whining, they had chained themselves together and several people were arrested and/or maimed trying to blow up bridges

what I'm saying is, I rate your performance "poor", toronto hippies

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    the cops aren't even taking the tents down here

there's city workers doing that, the cops are just supervising/guarding

so the protesters are yelling at the city workers, trying to shame them into stopping, all "you are one of us why are you doing the work of the police" etc. etc.

so many flavors of "fuck those people"

This discussion has been closed.