As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA comic: Wednesday Nov. 23, 2011 - The Conflux, Part One

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited November 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-t5S9Drk-L.jpg

Ramius edit: changed the title to reflect that this is actually Part One, not Part Two.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Ramius on

• Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    Searched the archive for "Conflux" but can't find part 1...

• Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Venkman90 wrote:

Tycho tells Gabe to quit about a year ago: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/12/13
    Which was also a two-parter of dissimilar titles.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    So Kiko is the guy on the right. Who's the other guy?

• Options
    rabidmuskratrabidmuskrat Registered User regular
    Tleilaxu wrote:

Thanks for that. I was having trouble finding it too.

• Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    Tleilaxu wrote:
    Venkman90 wrote:

Tycho tells Gabe to quit about a year ago: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/12/13
    Which was also a two-parter of dissimilar titles.

Thanks mate, I love the D&D storyline (probably as I loved the D&D podcasts too).

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Oh man I never seen the P&P RPG version of a violent ear raping before.

Can't wait!

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So Kiko is the guy on the right. Who's the other guy?

Porkfry

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    Yes! This is what I want. :D

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

This reminded me that I hadn't seen the latest AcqInc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTINEnGwnc

Does anyone have a link to the story about the last time they double-DMed?
    It was something about them having way too many people for a group one night, so they split them into two and had them work on the same quest from different angles
    It sounded awesome

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Hmm... that might have been in "Gabe's D&D Corner"
    Which is a broken link since the site redesign.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Watching these guys D&D makes me want to actually learn how.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    RevolverKazRevolverKaz Mr. Saskatoon, CanadaRegistered User regular
    My reply is about the blog portion that goes with the comic. It's about Extra Credits. Seriously guys and gals, watch that shit! When I first saw PA, on some random site I don't even remember, it felt like home. As home as a website can be. Deciding to wander into PATV land was one of my better decisions. It's choc full of truly awesome material. Watch them all. It's highly recommended.

• Options
    The problem with the Acquisitions Inc podcasts and stageshows are that they are too short and too few!
    I want moooore

Add Kris Straub as a sneaky thief character and it'd be perfect

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Epic tier in 4E is difficult because Wizards just failed to support it. At the same time, 1 year ago in DnD terms is quite a few products and with some of the changes higher tiers are much more bearable to DM. This doesn't change that wizards abysmal support for it basically completely made the time you need to invest dramatically increased over heroic and paragon. It's not as bad as it was when 4E was new, when epic tier monsters couldn't even barely scratch a PC and you needed ingenious encounter design to make it exciting. Now you just need the ingenious encounter design, because monsters will definitely do the job of ruining player characters shit.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote:
    The problem with the Acquisitions Inc podcasts and stageshows are that they are too short and too few!
    I want moooore

Kris played a Warlord in a Dark Sun game that was DM'ed by Jerry.

I can't remember where I heard the podcast for it, but it was good.

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    EndarireEndarire In Christ JesusRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Greetings, Gabe, and by extension, other forum members! It's good to hear you consider tabletop RPGin' again!

I know that DMing is a lot of work. I've done it myself, having run a D&D 3.5 campaign from 1 to 21 with some of my players being DM for awhile.

I also hear you're looking for new systems. I have a homebrew tabletop RPG system in the works akin to D&D 3.5. It aims to fix D&D 3.5's flaws of jumbled design, bad balance (mostly due to ambiguous rules, especially with level 4+ spells), and inaccessibility.

I would be honored to have you and yours as beta testers. When it's ready (probably late December, 2011 or sometime January, 2010) I'll send you the appropriate details if you're interested.

Anyone else who's interested in beta testing? Send a private message to me with your email address or leave your email in this post. I will send a copy of the rules once they're ready to test.

Endarire on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Endarire wrote:
    Greetings, Gabe...

Neither Gabe nor Tycho read the forum.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I was about to say that you can't expect a person who obviously only registered today to pimp his pet project to know things like that, but then I was discovered, to my astonishment, that he actually signed up in October of 2009.

Although every one of his other 13 posts was in an old Let's Play thread on Games & Technology, the last over a year ago.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote:
    Endarire wrote:
    Greetings, Gabe...

I would hope not being fictional and all

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Horseshoe wrote:
    Turambar wrote:
    I want moooore

Kris played a Warlord in a Dark Sun game that was DM'ed by Jerry.

I can't remember where I heard the podcast for it, but it was good.

Yes I've heard it
    It can be found here, with the rest of the audio podcasts

Want Kris in AcqInc's future shenanigans

• Options
    CoGDorkCoGDork Registered User new member
    Kagera wrote:
    Nightslyr wrote:
    Endarire wrote:
    Greetings, Gabe...

Oh, they're quite real. Just ask my friend, Harvey the Pooka.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    CoGDork wrote:
    Kagera wrote:
    Nightslyr wrote:
    Endarire wrote:
    Greetings, Gabe...

Oh, they're quite real.

Much like Robot Hell.

• Options
    It seems like this was actually Part 1
    Here's the real Slim Shady:
    i-967F7kT-M.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    I like to roleplay, but the full graph this data resides in is three dimensional and denotes a wealth of additional data. For example, I like roleplaying more than I like being chased through the savannah by leopard, but just barely. What I like is doing worldbuilding, creating characters, and writing dialogue, which are things you can do from that side of the table but aren’t necessarily your place. The BDSM term is, I think, “Topping From The Bottom.”

It can be fun, and under the right circumstances it can help, but I was added to Gabriel’s table late in the campaign. I didn’t earn those levels, and they’ve got an incredible rapport already in existence that my sudden appearance only serves to perforate. I’ve always offered a suite of Wormtongue related services, and been delighted when they were absorbed into the story, but I think I’ll be of much more use to the party as someone in an Arbiter role trying to build world than as somebody who (in game terms) got they cup but they ain’t chipped in.

Plus, having six active players would be a fuckfest. I’m sure there’s a BDSM term for that, too. The term might actually be “fuckfest,” who knows.

I have a lot to learn, though; and not just about kink. This world he has nurtured exists, as much as it can. His players have their own relationship to it; he holds it in space, and ticks every piece of it along their distinct parabolae. The trick will be insinuating myself in that system without interrupting it, honoring its laws as I iterate them.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The Dark Sun game I'm in now actually has co-GMs. We play with our friends in Colorado via Skype, and one them handles the the overarching story and the mechanical stuff like combat and skill checks, while the other basically provides all the flavor text. It plays very well to their individual strengths while (hopefully) making DMing less burdensome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zachary AmaranthZachary Amaranth Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote:

That would be utterly scary.

And awesome.