As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] Skyrim's second update may bork the game! Be wary!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I've had a 1000 dollar bounty for a half a second until I decapitated the other witness. Something about murdering a whole family while wearing daedra armor that just says "yes yes this is right."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Wren wrote:
    How do i (grey-mane/battle-born spoilers)
    Free the brother from Northwatch keep without just murdering everybody?
    I only got two dialogue options: What is this? And will you purty please release the brother?
    Both were responded to with sass, so I frenzied the doorman and watched him murder his friends.
    I feel there was another way.
    you mean the same thalmor who are trying to torture out a fake confession on an illegally detained skyrim native? better question would be whats the best method for killing all of them

but I think theres a backdoor that leads straight to the torture chambers, its a master level lock though

It is a backdoor, but there are plenty of guards patrolling along it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    I murdered someone solely because a Daedra whispered that I should

Does that make me a bad person? I mean, it's not like the guy did anything to make me not want to bludgeon him to death

Well, (The House of Horrors spoilers)
    The daedra locks you into that room with that guy and he'll eventually try to kill you first. So maybe it makes you a bad person but the net result is the same no matter what. I'm probably going to help his rival out just because he made me do that

steam_sig.png
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    A city guard hired a group of thugs to rough me up because I took 11 gold that wasn't in red. How's that for law and order.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    Axen wrote:
    I'd have a little more respect for Elisif if she wasn't hitting on me all the time.

Your husband's body is barely cold you succubus!

edit- actually I think her husband has been dead for a year or so, but still!

Look he's dead and she hasn't had nothin' twixt her nethers weren't run on soul gems for over a year brosef. Besides think of the sexual adventurism with the Thu'm.

Fix'd? I think so. :P

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    dinodynamo wrote:
    Minor complaint...I know it's a fantasy universe, populated with dragons, giants, and a plethora of fictional beings. That aside, the wildlife for the most part looks like creatures similar to the world that you and I are familiar with...even the Deer and Elk. Wait a minute...these creatures labeled as "deer" look and sound suspiciously like our universe's Elk. And the creatures labeled as "elk" look suspiciously like our universe's Moose.

Doesn't detract from the game in anyway, but it made me raise an eyebrow when I noticed it.

I have to admit, this bothered the hell out of me too.

Its like if they renamed 'Horse' to goat and you had mountain horses instead of mountain goats.
    Cats called dogs and dogs called cats.

Generally it doesn't detract, but it made me chuckle and maybe wonder if the people who made this haven't seen actual wildlife before.

An elk is a type of deer, and moose are called elks in Europe.

An elk is a type of deer like a lion is a type of cheetah.

His rival's cult is actually worse for what they want you to do.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote:
    I've had a 1000 dollar bounty for a half a second until I decapitated the other witness. Something about murdering a whole family while wearing daedra armor that just says "yes yes this is right."

There's a house in Markarth that needs this exact treatment. I may just start murdering everyone in this house at the start of every walkthrough.

steam_sig.png
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    Moose and elk are both deer.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Ok, so I had to publicly kill someone and I did it and ran away. Now the guards know me, so I went to jail. I picked the lock, killed the guards, and broke out. But now I still have a bounty on my head and I can't go anywhere. How do you end this?

Steam: offday
    Markarth in general is one f'd up city. Just about every quest there is 8 shades of wrong.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Markarth in general is one f'd up city. Just about every quest there is 8 shades of wrong.

In other words it's the best city.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • TACOnightmareTACOnightmare Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Wren wrote:
    I only got two dialogue options: What is this? And will you purty please release the brother?
    Both were responded to with sass, so I frenzied the doorman and watched him murder his friends.
    you mean the same thalmor who are trying to torture out a fake confession on an illegally detained skyrim native? better question would be whats the best method for killing all of them

but I think theres a backdoor that leads straight to the torture chambers, its a master level lock though

So i can't sweet talk and bribe my way in?
    For shame

I found a woman running around the wild yelling, "wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack." Naturally, I killed her and defiled her corpse.

PSN: SmellyLemur
    Preacher wrote:
    Wren wrote:

For shame

You also can't use 100 Speech to defeat Alduin.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So Markarth...
    if I didn't do the quest where you get arrested before I helped the stormcrows take over, am I screwed on that quest?

• XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Too much blood for me.

Although I amused myself zombifying the first thing you see when you get there.

Preacher wrote:

Which is why some houses just need purging. I may be playing a "good" character but it's more of a "purge the wicked" kind of good.

steam_sig.png
    Couscous wrote:
    So Markarth...
    if I didn't do the quest where you get arrested before I helped the stormcrows take over, am I screwed on that quest?
    I did it after the rebellion was over and it functioned the same way as if it it had been before, I'd assume

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Wren wrote:

For shame

Could always enchant a sword and name it "Sweet Talk" and a bow named "Bribe".

Excuse me, I need to go enchant some things.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Preacher wrote:

Am I the only one who saw similarities between the Forsworn and the Stormcloaks? I laughed when they tried to get me involved and continued on my way.

I found a woman running around the wild yelling, "wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack." Naturally, I killed her and defiled her corpse.

• ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    So i'm not sure if this one of those funny bugs Bethesda left in, or if it's something they missed, but this is hilarious.
    Some users playing as a male character may experience Vilkas chasing after them in Jorrvaskr trying to marry them, with his weapon drawn, and no actual action done by the player.

Preacher wrote:

Nah the best city is Solitude.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    Wren wrote:

For shame

I like to think a Thu'un is speech.

TACOnightmare on

edited November 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    Wren wrote:

For shame

I like to think a Thu'un is speech.

touche

Alucard6986 on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote:
    Ok, so I had to publicly kill someone and I did it and ran away. Now the guards know me, so I went to jail. I picked the lock, killed the guards, and broke out. But now I still have a bounty on my head and I can't go anywhere. How do you end this?

Archonex wrote:
    So i'm not sure if this one of those funny bugs Bethesda left in, or if it's something they missed, but this is hilarious.
    Some users playing as a male character may experience Vilkas chasing after them in Jorrvaskr trying to marry them, with his weapon drawn, and no actual action done by the player.

Next up on fox news, deviant sexual sim "Skyrim" is making men gay.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    You don't. Pay up.

anoffday wrote:
    anoffday wrote:

I think you are boned bro, once your bouty gets above a certain limit you are KOS.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Preacher wrote:

Am I the only one who saw similarities between the Forsworn and the Stormcloaks? I laughed when they tried to get me involved and continued on my way.

Except not.

Trust me the Forsworns cause is more valid than even the Stormcloaks.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Stay out of that city/region for a while, come back when you have enough money.

This makes some of the dark brotherhood contracts a pain in the ass if you're not a stealth character/they don't have some obvious place in their schedule where they're in an isolated area.

• Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote:
    anoffday wrote:

Run up to a guard with your weapon out then sheath it right in front of him.

Then he should arrest you.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Someone in the Dark Brotherhood mentioned that the Thieves Guild could rid you of bounties. I haven't explored either questline enough to know what the deal is though.

Elendil wrote:
    Someone in the Dark Brotherhood mentioned that the Thieves Guild could rid you of bounties. I haven't explored either questline enough to know what the deal is though.

I run that guild and didn't see anything. Though I didn't restore it to its previous honor yet.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So do some DB quests automatically give you a bounty?
    I always got a bounty for the wedding quest even if I used poison.

Arthil wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

Except not.

What the fuck kind of forsworn propaganda is this? The forsworn are fucking crazy people who live in the woods doing all kinds of crazy human sacrifice, black magic, soul stealing fucked up shit.

The stormcloaks are simply following the old nord way. The high king was weak. The empire is weak. Therefore they must die.

edited November 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    anoffday wrote:
    anoffday wrote:

I think you are boned bro, once your bouty gets above a certain limit you are KOS.

Then the whole escaping from jail thing is kind of bs. I pick the lock, avoid the guards, and get out but it's in a castle with more guards, so I use an invisibility potion to get out the door, which goes away once you open the door, and guess what? More guards outside. wtf? Has anyone successfully escaped?

anoffday on
    anoffday wrote:
    anoffday wrote:

I know in oblivion, you could pay the thieves guild to settle your debt to society.

• ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Arthil wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

Except not.

What the fuck kind of forsworn propaganda is this? The forsworn are fucking crazy people who live in the woods doing all kinds of crazy human sacrifice, black magic, soul stealing fucked up shit.

The stormcloaks are simply following the old nord way. The high king was weak. The empire is weak. Therefore they must die.

Trust us when we say this. The Forsworn have alot of due cause for some of the darker affiliations they have. Which is basically to say that they buddy up with witches and Hagravens occasionally. Which in the scheme of what they're up against is really small potatoes.

Go do some quests in Markath. You'll get it.

Still pissed I can't join them. If the Stormcloaks get a side-quest series that has minimal effect on the gameworld, they could give the Forsworn the same thing, at the very least.

But nope. Herp-derp barbarian Bretons are the Fallout raiders of the game. What's that? They're actually
    the good guys of the Rift, fighting against slavery, an evil police state, and corruption that'd make a real world third world dictator blush with shame against honorless Nords who stole their city and home out from under them?
    Well fuck that, still. Sorry players, fuck you. You'll genocide your Conan ripoffs and like it.

Archonex on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    So does anyone know if city guards respawn? I've killed a whole mess of them for insulting me/being dicks/being in Windhelm/having useful black souls/being around when I needed to test something and I've noticed that even after a good amount of in game time, no new guards seem to be in the now empty posts.

I'm pretty sure I have seen some repopulate after quests/scripted events that resulted in guard death though.

And if they do in fact stay dead when killed by the player, I believe we have an alternate solution to anoffday's problem.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
This discussion has been closed.