As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] Skyrim's second update may bork the game! Be wary!

• dinodynamodinodynamo Registered User regular
    Yesterday I had a thief run up to me...compliment me and give me 500 gold. It's good to be the king.

I intend to live forever or die trying
    <Bigger Than Yours> - Wound in the Force
    The Likestodance Legacy
    Hatespants - Commando/Cybertech
    Fancypants - Shadow/Armstech
    Hatesfancypants - Gunslinger/Biomed
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote:
    My orc has the silliest voice when he gets hit. He sounds like he's fully retarded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I just realized that I could have used the skeleton key to get 100 lockpicking by just holding the button down and waiting.

• ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    And then, there was cheese.
    10z3eqs.jpg

t5qfc9.jpg
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote:
    I just realized that I could have used the skeleton key to get 100 lockpicking by just holding the button down and waiting.

where do you get a skeleton key?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I wasn't building light armor levels very fast with my thief character and getting kind of annoyed

so I went to a trainer and leveled it up and pickpocketed my money back for about 15 levels

there we go

• Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    I just learned something interesting. Runes will detonate (and damage) through sarcophagi. Suspicious sealed coffin next to the treasure? Put a rune on it and see if it goes boom. If there's something inside, it'll take damage and immediately wake up.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    My Nord male sounds distinctly girly in some of his voices

edited November 2011
    Couscous wrote:

Riften Guild spoiler.

Thieves guild.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Yeah I always notice the suspicious sealed coffins. When there's a bunch of them facing the center of the room, you know shit's about to go down.

Preacher wrote:
    Couscous wrote:

Thieves guild quest.

To me that is a spoiler, not sure how others would feel about it. Just a thought.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    I love Markarth. I jumped through all of the hoops to buy Vlindrel Hall. Has a great view from the front door.

I saw myself as a sherrif, cleaning up that town.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    the house in Riften has my favourite view, that lake, its like a holiday house. Except for all the theivery and poverty.

• XagarXagar Registered User regular
    bluuuuuuh I need to respec, I thought you could go into Daedric from Dragon...

Prohass wrote:
    the house in Riften has my favourite view, that lake, its like a holiday house. Except for all the theivery and poverty.

Riften is conservative paradise!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • General PengwinGeneral Pengwin The Last of a Dying Fanbase Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Prohass wrote:

You seem to have a very politically tainted mind my friend, based on a few of the posts you've made.

steam_sig.png
    Preacher wrote:
    Prohass wrote:

You seem to have a very politically tainted mind my friend, based on a few of the posts you've made.

What are you a liberal? Because in my Skyrim we have ways of dealing with you...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    I wasn't building light armor levels very fast with my thief character and getting kind of annoyed
    so I went to a trainer and leveled it up and pickpocketed my money back for about 15 levels
    there we go
    ...wait, the money they get from you is in their inventory? Oh man. This just changes the game completely. This'll make my 120k look silly in comparison.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Damn, playing a Mage really screws with my sense of wealth. It took me ages upon ages to save up 25k for my Solitude house on my Paladin but my Mage is only 12 and I'm making money hand over fist and frequently breaking 6-8k after only a short period of time.

Then I go visit a shop, buy a few spell and robe upgrades and I'm instantly poor again. It's so back and forth.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • General PengwinGeneral Pengwin The Last of a Dying Fanbase Long IslandRegistered User regular
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Skyrim%2BError.png

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Prohass wrote:

What are you a liberal? Because in my Skyrim we have ways of dealing with you...

Haha, no. No. My political views are not that of a liberal nor are they that of a conservative. And even if they were I wouldn't wish to disclose them on such an enjoyable board.

General Pengwin on
    steam_sig.png
    General I'm having the same questions about your horrible desktop.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Prohass wrote:

Haha, no. No. My political views are not that of a liberal nor are they that of a conservative. And even if they were I wouldn't wish to disclose them on such an enjoyable board.
    Preacher wrote:
    General I'm having the same questions about your horrible desktop.

Don't hate, appreciate.

We all have our quirks.

General Pengwin on
    steam_sig.png
  • DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote:
    Damn, playing a Mage really screws with my sense of wealth. It took me ages upon ages to save up 25k for my Solitude house on my Paladin but my Mage is only 12 and I'm making money hand over fist and frequently breaking 6-8k after only a short period of time.

Then I go visit a shop, buy a few spell and robe upgrades and I'm instantly poor again. It's so back and forth.

You spend money on robes? I just do the mage college quest line and never want for any new gear again.

Only thing I pay money for on a mage is spells.

Yes! Just got Skyrim to work again. Now I can enjoy myself.

steam_sig.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Couscous wrote:
    3clipse wrote:
    Got my smithing and enchanting to 100, finally.

Christ, what a grind that is. But now I have Legendary Dragonplate that gives me free Destruction spells so it's all good.
    Dragonplate is worse that Daedric, isn't it?

Yes it is, but he may have stupidly like me looked at the quickest way to the max skill and been completely unaware that daedric also has weapons with it as well as armor and that the armor looks awesome.

I have a bunch of dragon bits. I do not have a bunch of ebony and daedra hearts. I knew :P

When do Daedra hearts start showing up in the alchemy stores?

edited November 2011
    I really enjoy wearing light armor, so it bugs the hell out of me that the top-tier weapons are on the other branch

I mean sure, I guess heavy armor probably feels pretty sporty too once you get the weight reduction perk, but that's a hell of a grind

I still haven't hit that on my level 30 character

Elendil on
    I don't get why you can't circle around on that skill tree.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    its pretty ridiculous that Skyrim doesn't automatically categorise your saves by character. I started a new character having only used quick and autosaves previously - whoops lost the old character, gg skyrim.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Movement perks are unnecessary with the STEED STONE, the best stone of all.

Dhalphir wrote:
    its pretty ridiculous that Skyrim doesn't automatically categorise your saves by character. I started a new character having only used quick and autosaves previously - whoops lost the old character, gg skyrim.

I did this too! thankfully it was a file I'd only invested 8 or so hours in, rather than my 50 hour main file

3clipse wrote:
    I ain't use nothin' but Lovers

plus Steed is way in the ass end of nowhere

• TzenTzen Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote:
    10z3eqs.jpg

Now record a video doing a fus-ro-dah into the cheese like that one with the swords.

For those who went the light armor route one of the best one handed weapons in the game I found is a unique glass sword...

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Tzen wrote:
    Zzulu wrote:
    10z3eqs.jpg

Now record a video doing a fus-ro-dah into the cheese like that one with the swords.

And name it something like "This is how cheese is made."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Someone asked for cheese, and how to cheese, and fortunately someone seems to have made videos of cheese so here is cheese and how to cheese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcfFUAiJwhE

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote:

Atronach also seems pretty good, this time around. I've been avoiding it because of Morrowind and Oblivion, but I gave it a shot earlier. 50% reduction in mana regen isn't super noticeable once you get good gear. I might just go with that after I max out destruction. Rocking the mage stone currently.

Not very fun. :(

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Dram wrote:
    Aegis wrote:

You spend money on robes? I just do the mage college quest line and never want for any new gear again.

Only thing I pay money for on a mage is spells.

Well I'm currently going through said questline and yes I know what it gives at the end but in the meantime I like upgrading when I have the chance.

Also I'm really digging the Serpent Stone. Ranged moderate paralyze with poison damage is quite nice.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Zzulu wrote:
    Someone asked for cheese, and how to cheese, and fortunately someone seems to have made videos of cheese so here is cheese and how to cheese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcfFUAiJwhE

Mmm... Exploded cheese.

steam_sig.png
    Battlemages with dragonscale armor are more awesome than stupid mages with dresses.

This discussion has been closed.