As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Alternative Vote Method [Phalla]: Day 5 I Approval vote this Message

167891012»

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    aw, I meant to change my vote to red Roman too, but I was driving home. Would that have killed him and left me as the sole survivor? :O

on the plus side, I... survived long enough to get the shiv alone!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Nope, Roman was pretty low on the list. However, feckless could have (but didn't) only voted for you to have roman as the only person who lived. There was also another point where they could have easily shenanigan-ed a mafia to safety but didn't take it.

EDIT: I think it was the point allocation. If anomalousvandal had gone all in on warban

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I remember checking this thread earlier today and thinking that roman was altogether too good at this for the mafia to have left him alive. Then he said that thing about thinking his bad record is probably why and that cemented it for me.

Alas.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    The only villager I voted for was SLyM. : )

This game was probably a little too confusing for me. I followed along and never really got the hang of the voting systems, however I think it was a good experiment and I'd like to see some more games in the future that use unusual voting.

Taya on
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I'm horrible at vote analysis so this was a hard game for me. I'm not surprised I got voted out early. But thanks for running it Spoit.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I figured roman would turn up mafia, I just...didn't vote for him.

And helped kill daniant instead.

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Yey, well done my mafia brothers and sisters.

Sorry that things went so wrong for me on day 3. Damn bedlam for noticing I was completely making things up :)

I made a conscious effort to talk more this game, but enjoyed it because lack of knowledge of the subject didn't hold me back like it normally does. Need to work on being less suspicious though.
    - Also this game completely ruined my Monday, as I had to wake up at 2 am to pull shenanigans to save anomalous.

Thanks for hosting spoit.

Shiny New Toys on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Thanks for running, Spoit!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Aye, it was a enjoyable time seeing what happens in the phalla side of the critical failures forum. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Ah, of course roman was evil. Romannnnnn

• Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry I was dumb. I feel like I am to blame for some of this.

Oh, and romanqwerty.

You're back to my day 1 grudge vote, simply because you are always evil.

• Options
    Also, I love list voting. Let's do it again sometime.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I suspected roman was mafia! :D

so evilllllll...~

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    Damn. Romanqwerty and feckless were top of my list. I'm just absolutely terrible at convincing others to vote with me. Still got a lot of learning to do.

I had a lot of fun with all the voting. Though as much as I tried to prevent my own death, I was still surprised by it. I worked through who it might be about 15 times. Oh facepalm to my blunder.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    daniant wrote:

Oh, and romanqwerty.

And thus did the cycle begin anew. :twisted:

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    daniant wrote:

Oh, and romanqwerty.

And thus did the cycle begin anew. :twisted:

Pretty much...For a while back when i was logging my games, there was a clear patter of being day1/2'd right after i was mafia...

• Options
    Yeah, I figured roman would turn up mafia, I just...didn't vote for him.

And helped kill daniant instead.

Thanks, T_A! :D

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Thanks for running this, Spoit!

I didn't really get to grips with it too well, but it was pretty interesting. A refreshing change from the usual.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I knew roman was evil!

I wanted to switch some shiny votes on day 3 to him but there was no way anyone would follow me on that so I just made sure shiny died. Probably should have mentioned something before I died.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Thx for running this spoit, it certainly was an interesting change from the usual-but like a few others really didn't it together myself how to analyze people very well. Would be cool to see some of these voting ideas introduced in other games

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    mafia boards are still locked :?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Thanks, Spoit. Loved the idea here. Would like to see why the mafia killed me if the boards get unlocked :P

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    All the spreadsheeters must die. We decided that very early on :)

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    reading through the posts from where I left off I came to the realization roman was mafias with his insistence on my inactivity as some sort of ploy. I haven't been posting much at all since I started work D:

The requirement that there's a timer and every mafia has to die makes this rather difficult for the village, one or two persons throwing mafiosi under a bus and there's nothing the village can do.

Anyways! Very interesting game! Thanks for hosting spoit

• Options
    anomalousvandalanomalousvandal Registered User regular
    Mafia boards are open. Sorry it took so long.

http://voteforthevillage.proboards.com

You can take letters off my username, but you cannot take my FREEDOM!!
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    roman is pure evil.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Yeah, but apparently we were "big damn heroes". *hi5*