As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] Skyrim's second update may bork the game! Be wary!

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Skyrim%2BError.png

MLP windows theme and wallpaper, EVE online, LoL, Sims 3 and Minecraft.

No wonder Skyrim doesn't want to have anything to do on that computer! :D

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    how are you guys training and stealing the $$ back? I try and the gold is always 0% chance to steal.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Shogun wrote:
    how are you guys training and stealing the $$ back? I try and the gold is always 0% chance to steal.

You probably need better pickpocketing/pickpocket gear. Also, once the gold gets past a certain amount, you won't have a chance to steal it.

On a sidenote, this type of thing doesn't work with shopkeepers.... but will work when you bribe guards.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Axen wrote:
    I'd have a little more respect for Elisif if she wasn't hitting on me all the time.

Your husband's body is barely cold you succubus!

edit- actually I think her husband has been dead for a year or so, but still!

Look he's dead and she hasn't had anything betwixt her nethers for over a year brosef. Besides think of the sexual adventurism with the Thu'm.

Using Elemental Fury on your dick for the win.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote:
    Shogun wrote:

You probably need better pickpocketing/pickpocket gear. Also, once the gold gets past a certain amount, you won't have a chance to steal it.

On a sidenote, this type of thing doesn't work with shopkeepers.... but will work when you bribe guards.

So should I be training one at a time? Because I always do 5 points at a time and then try it.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote:
    Ratsult2 wrote:
    Shogun wrote:

So should I be training one at a time? Because I always do 5 points at a time and then try it.
    yeah high amounts are going to be hard as hell to steal

I had to do a fair amount of saving and reloading just to get one level back at a time

your pickpocket skill will level amazingly fast though

I ended up getting twice as many levels in pickpocket as I got in armor

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    Shogun wrote:
    Ratsult2 wrote:
    Shogun wrote:

yeah high amounts are going to be hard as hell to steal

I had to do a fair amount of saving and reloading just to get one level back at a time

your pickpocket skill will level amazingly fast though

I ended up getting twice as many levels in pickpocket as I got in armor

anything over about 700 gold and the chance to pickpocket drops to 0 very quickly

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Bwahahahaah.

I am chasing down the Stormcloak courier so I can murder him and steal his plans for an Imperial faction quest.

I run halfway across Skyrim chasing after the quest arrow. Finally, I see the courier.

Just as he gets mauled by a bear. I crouch down, the bear wanders off, I collect the documents.

• Options
    dinodynamodinodynamo Registered User regular
    I <3 being able to name my crafted weapons. I just made a glass dagger that has life drain and captures souls. I named it "The Ex-Wife" :twisted:

I intend to live forever or die trying
    <Bigger Than Yours> - Wound in the Force
    The Likestodance Legacy
    Hatespants - Commando/Cybertech
    Fancypants - Shadow/Armstech
    Hatesfancypants - Gunslinger/Biomed
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    well, I am stuck to a dragon

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Bwahahahaah.

I am chasing down the Stormcloak courier so I can murder him and steal his plans for an Imperial faction quest.

I run halfway across Skyrim chasing after the quest arrow. Finally, I see the courier.

Just as he gets mauled by a bear. I crouch down, the bear wanders off, I collect the documents.
    There is a similar quest for the Stormcloaks. The guy is at an inn in Stormcloak territory. He walks out and is murder by Stormcloaks.

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote:

Never should have married!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote:

See this is why you don't bend over when a Dragon lands.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote:
    Couscous wrote:
    So do some DB quests automatically give you a bounty?
    I always got a bounty for the wedding quest even if I used poison.

That one always gives you as bounty, and then the next one where
    you kill the "emperor".

Nothing you can do about it.

I've managed to avoid a bounty for the first one.
    I waited until night and pushed the loose gargoyle per Babette's suggestion. I was sneaking away from the scene by the time the bride was crushed. Vezeera only caught up to me when I was around the front gate to the city. I'm not sure if it's the method of death or being harder to see at night that let me get away unseen.
    I stabbed her in the back while she was making the speech, than lept off the balcony and ran for it, didn't get a bounty.
    Eh, I think it made sense for the quest to make it as public as possible. So I smacked her with a giant warhammer, flinging her off the balcony onto the guests below.

Needless to say, I got a bounty.
    I climbed up the opposite tower, and poisoned an arrow. I cast invisibility, and then shot her as soon as she addressed the crowd. No bounty.

Before that, I tried trapping the balcony with rune spells, in a bunch of different positions, but the husband always blew them up first.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    I love breaking games. It's just about one of the most fun things for me.

Unfotunately, that means my mage with a ton of talents in things that are not particularly useful needs to go bye-bye.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote:
    I love breaking games. It's just about one of the most fun things for me.

Unfotunately, that means my mage with a ton of talents in things that are not particularly useful needs to go bye-bye.

Mm... not really. As long as you aren't shy about using the add/remove perk commands.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    judging by the comments on certain videos and sites, it seems people believe that you need to press E to mine a node

It's much faster if you equip the pickaxe and just swing at the node. No need to go into the super slow animation

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Zzulu wrote:
    judging by the comments on certain videos and sites, it seems people believe that you need to press E to mine a node

It's much faster if you equip the pickaxe and just swing at the node. No need to go into the super slow animation

you

you can do that?

shit.

• Options
    Yeah, I have my pickaxe on quick select for easy minin'

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    dinodynamo wrote:
    I <3 being able to name my crafted weapons. I just made a glass dagger that has life drain and captures souls. I named it "The Ex-Wife" :twisted:

I'm super annoyed that you can't name potions.

"Potion of frost resistance" is not a helpful description when it's actually a potion of resist fire/frost +mana pot effects.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Zzulu wrote:

This changes everything.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    The game fails to deliver on some information like that. Shit, I've talked to people who didn't even know there was a sprint button

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote:

Did not know this! Do you still get gems if you do it this way?

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Derrick wrote:
    Zzulu wrote:

Did not know this! Do you still get gems if you do it this way?

yes

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    The game says that one of the stones increases your magicka and magicka recovery when it only increases the recovery.

• Options
    General PengwinGeneral Pengwin The Last of a Dying Fanbase Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Enig wrote:
    Zzulu wrote:

This changes everything.

Agreed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    General PengwinGeneral Pengwin The Last of a Dying Fanbase Long IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Klyka wrote:
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Skyrim%2BError.png

Yeah. Unfortunately my more shameful games (I won't give you EVE) aren't tucked away and hiding in Steam.

And I have no shame over the theme.

General Pengwin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    While we're talking about mining, do ore veins ever regenerate?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Klyka wrote:
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Skyrim%2BError.png

Yeah. Unfortunately my more shameful games (I won't give you EVE) aren't tucked away and hiding in Steam.

Please tell us you did not install the MLP horse mod.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Klyka wrote:
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Skyrim%2BError.png

Oh God no. It's not that bad.

I get bored with themes quick. And my friends were like "Well make it a MLP theme" for the shits and giggles so, because I don't give a fuck, I did. It's glorious to see somebody's reaction when they walk in and see it.

General Pengwin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    Why are the biggest houses so expensive?! Egads it is not even remotely cheap getting a house in either capitol. About the best way I can think to make money would be to go piss off a dragon, make armor from his corpse, and then enchant it before selling it. The problem being that npcs only have so much money...

On the plus side, quest rewards are getting pretty high at my level. I talked to a bard for a random lady, and one persuasion check later I was up six hundred cash. I'm thinking I'll do some bounties and hope for a dragon encounter/bounty.

• Options
    SpenzkriegSpenzkrieg eh's a pretty cool guy Registered User regular
    Also, you need to take care of things in your Action Center.

RS: Eide
    RC: Ais
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Daris wrote:
    Why are the biggest houses so expensive?! Egads it is not even remotely cheap getting a house in either capitol. About the best way I can think to make money would be to go piss off a dragon, make armor from his corpse, and then enchant it before selling it. The problem being that npcs only have so much money...

On the plus side, quest rewards are getting pretty high at my level. I talked to a bard for a random lady, and one persuasion check later I was up six hundred cash. I'm thinking I'll do some bounties and hope for a dragon encounter/bounty.

I have 60000 gold at the moment.

No idea what to spend it on.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Daris wrote:
    Why are the biggest houses so expensive?! Egads it is not even remotely cheap getting a house in either capitol. About the best way I can think to make money would be alchemy. The problem being that npcs only have so much money...

The easiest way is to go from alchemy store to alchemy store buying up ingredients and then making a shitload of potions. The slow, invisibility, and some other specific types make the most money.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I've been pretty amazed at how much money people tend to reward in quests that don't take much effort. My assassin has done very few quests except for the first few Dark Brotherhood ones and is rolling in 25k between quest rewards and selling junk.

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    If you're not buying any training, yeah, the gold is going to pile up.

• Options
    There aren't many places to dump money except for the houses. Supplies like grand soul gems can be found in the wild and are more of a one time things.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    WHY WHY WHY!?
    Skyrim%2BError.png

Oh God no. It's not that bad.

I get bored with themes quick. And my friends were like "Well make it a MLP theme" for the shits and giggles so, because I don't give a fuck, I did. It's glorious to see somebody's reaction when they walk in and see it.

Man I wish I had the courage to do something like that just as a conversation started

Problem is where I live, I wore the penny arcade "your mom is a classy lady" gears of war t-shirt and got called a fag by someone because there's a rainbow on it

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    They were probably into you.

You should have gotten their number!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So Belethor died somehow (I have no clue how) a while back. His store was always locked and I finally figured out that he was dead. It was too long ago for me to find the save before it happened and replay several hours, so I revived him and teleported him to me in whiterun. Now, though, his door is locked 50% of the time even during the day and when it is open he won't let me trade with him. Any ideas how to fix this? He was my goto merchant (at 22 hours played I have pretty much only ever explored whiterun, god this game is has a lot to do!)

Also, when I teleported to his corpse it was in a really weird limbo with another chick who I murdered and some random dude whose name I didn't remember, who was actually alive. It was a rainbow-coloured room and they were all naked. Very strange.

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.