As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] Skyrim's second update may bork the game! Be wary!

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Since I just reinstalled windows, I've yet to update to Service Pack 3. Could this have something to do with this Skyrim shit?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Something about Elder Scrolls games makes me want to do whatever a Daedra says.

I always feel guilty killing giants.

• Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So Lydia died again today for the 13 billionth time. Finally, I opted to say 'F It' and let her stay dead. She did nothing but ruin my sneaking anyways.

Can someone recommend a companion who is really good at sneaking? I miss having a pack mule...

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    The only times my Lydia has died (and I quickly reload my saves; I'm cheap) is when I accidentally kill her through a poorly placed swing or rune. She hasn't died to any actual enemies yet.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    General PengwinGeneral Pengwin The Last of a Dying Fanbase Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote:
    Figgy wrote:
    Okay. What.The.Fuck.

Had to reinstall windows. Now, Steam is saying Skyrim is unavailable.

Restarted Steam.
    Verified Cache.
    Restarted again.

Any ideas?

Edit: Same shit in offline mode. What the hell? Steam! Why have you turned retarded all of a sudden?

It tells me Skyrim is unavailable all the time now. I just flick Steam on and off, on and off, until it finally decides to work again. It takes a while, but it tends to work for me.

Flick what off? Like offline/online? Or close/open?

Exit and restart.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    So my friend brought Skyrim over the other night for our Thanksgiving dinner and I played it and loved it had no fun whatsoever. So I bought it tonight. The weirdest thing though, was after I slept in the inn in the first town, I woke up and walked around, and the dog was just lying dead in the street and the prank loving boy was just standing there by it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    General PengwinGeneral Pengwin The Last of a Dying Fanbase Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Spoilers for Possible... Buffs? For Your Character:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MitsuhideMitsuhide Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Arthil wrote:
    Mitsuhide wrote:
    I discovered that Faendal in Riverwood (the Dark Elf) is an Archery trainer. I got him to be my companion so now I can...

1. Ask for training
    2. Tell him to follow me
    3. Take back my gold
    4. Repeat.

:)

Faendal is a Wood Elf.

Oh, is he?

I haven't seen him in awhile, I must have gotten my Elves mixed up. :P

Mitsuhide on
  • Options
    Mitsuhide wrote:
    Arthil wrote:
    Mitsuhide wrote:
    I discovered that Faendal in Riverwood (the Dark Elf) is an Archery trainer. I got him to be my companion so now I can...

1. Ask for training
    2. Tell him to follow me
    3. Take back my gold
    4. Repeat.

:)

Faendal is a Wood Elf.

Oh, is he?

I haven't seen him in awhile, I must have gotten my Elves mixed up. :P

Who cares? They're elves.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular

HAHAHAH

Was not expecting that :lol:

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    People in towns keep giving me grief about spells.

But I'm not casting anything... and I don't have any summons following me around right now?

what the fuck?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    korodullin wrote:
    Couscous wrote:
    Is paralyzing as much instant win as it was in the previous games?

More or less. It's arguably deadlier in spell form than it is in enchant form, since it's now an Alteration spell, lasts practically an eternity (15 seconds), is a ranged spell (unlike soul trap, bizarrely), and is resisted by few things.

Hold on, what?! Alteration!?

This is the best news all year (I am not focusing on Illusion but was waffling on focusing much on Alteration).

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    My crappy tv that needs a fan to keep it from over heating over heated anyway and I think it is really broken.

Luckily it waited until I had finished all the Thieves guild missions. Sadly, I still have 79% of the game left to play!

Cheap tv season cannot come quickly enough.

• Options
    By the way, did anybody else know that (this will break some of you):
    The dwarves are actually elves?
    When I learned that I seriously dropped all of my dwarven armor in my chest and never looked back.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Al_wat wrote:

But I'm not casting anything... and I don't have any summons following me around right now?

what the fuck?

They just do that. If you have spells equipped, but not out, they will constantly feel compelled to remind you that "YOU'RE A WIZARD!".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dude, Orcs are actually elves.

• Options
    Al_wat wrote:

... *drops all of his Orcish armor all over the floor*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    All elves look the same to me.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Al_wat wrote:

what the fuck?

They just do that. If you have spells equipped, but not out, they will constantly feel compelled to remind you that "YOU'RE A WIZARD!".

I have my 2H sword equipped right now...

• Options
    Al_wat wrote:

Excuse me! I noticed you dropped this armor back there, may I keep it?

• Options
    Al_wat wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:

what the fuck?

Then I guess it's just if you're educated in the school to any degree.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Al_wat wrote:

Excuse me! I noticed you dropped this armor back there, may I keep it?

But of course my boy! Only if you desire the patterns of the INFERIOR race.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Oh my gosh oh my gosh an entire embassy filled with Altmer I am going to murder all of them and then kill their corpses

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Al_wat wrote:
    Al_wat wrote:

what the fuck?

Then I guess it's just if you're educated in the school to any degree.

No, I think this is a glitch. This isn't just guards saying shit like "ooh magic la dee dah"

Everyone, and I mean everyone, is saying "That magic looks dangerous keep away!" or "uhhh mind toning down that magic" or "keep that spell away from me". This only started when I began bringing summons into towns. So I stopped, basically I would kill them or summon a temporary thing to make them go away.

Only now, its always happening. No summons active. Not even a spell equipped.

• Options
    You have magic leprosy now.

You are a magical leper.

You should kill everyone.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Wavechaser wrote:
    So Lydia died again today for the 13 billionth time. Finally, I opted to say 'F It' and let her stay dead. She did nothing but ruin my sneaking anyways.

Can someone recommend a companion who is really good at sneaking? I miss having a pack mule...

Gonna hate me, but.

Lydia.

Like I checked on her page for one of the wikis, her skill? Sneaking.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Basil wrote:
    You have magic leprosy now.

You are a magical leper.

You should kill everyone.

This is rapidly becoming the option I want to choose

Its like...

Lady I'm not using magic.

I said I have no magic. This is a sword. Shut up

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

AAHHHH YOU DIE NOW

• Options
    huh. Killing half the town made it stop.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    one thing I like about skyrim

you definitely get the goods for being evil

I seem to have inadvertently descended into demon worship

• Options
    Al_wat wrote:
    huh. Killing half the town made it stop.

I can't stop laughing.

I guess violence does solve everything. <3

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    GalactusGoGalactusGo Registered User regular
    If you are looking for a sneak thief companion I highly recommend Janessa...she's the dark elf in the hunter shop in whiterun. Give her a good bow and dragon scale armour and you're set. I went through 4 companions who all kept getting killed before her...prob around 40 hours with her an only had to reload once.

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Seguer wrote:

HAHAHAH

Was not expecting that :lol:

I laughed way too hard at that.
    Elendil wrote:
    one thing I like about skyrim

you definitely get the goods for being evil

I seem to have inadvertently descended into demon worship

Seriously.

I've accidentally stumbled into so many disturbing professions it's not even funny. I mean, I tried to start off as a good character, but one chat box later, I'm a cannibalistic, demon worshiping, werewolf thane, that will kill anyone and everyone for the slightest promise of gold. Help me.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    Wavechaser wrote:

Gonna hate me, but.

Lydia.

Like I checked on her page for one of the wikis, her skill? Sneaking.

You're right. I do hate you.

Damnit...

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Can you get Thalmor robes that aren't hooded, or are those only for NPCs? And can you get those awesome blades the Redguards carry?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Can you get Thalmor robes that aren't hooded, or are those only for NPCs? And can you get those awesome blades the Redguards carry?

Every now and then you can find some random npcs with the redguard blades and then kill them for it. Or if you follow the "Find the Redguard Woman" quest in Whiterun, you can:
    Stealth kill some of the guards in the cave before talking to the chief

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Something kind of cool, you can equip a torch in your offhand, use a weapon in the other and block with the torch. You can also do a bash with the torch that sets things on fire. Nice touch.

Seems like it could be a decent base for allowing dual wield to block with a mod. The animation is there.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular

That was fucking great. Especially as someone who never got that particular.. perk so I didn't realize what was happening at first.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    Frei wrote:
    Something kind of cool, you can equip a torch in your offhand, use a weapon in the other and block with the torch. You can also do a bash with the torch that sets things on fire. Nice touch.

Seems like it could be a decent base for allowing dual wield to block with a mod. The animation is there.

You can bash and block with torches? woah

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I really don't know what the shit is going on with my game, now. Unavailable all the time. I deleted the .exes and re-downloaded via validation in case some mod was messing with it.... but nothing.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Started a Master playthough, and what the heck is up with the difficulty spike at like level 12? A dragon lands and firebreathes for about 130, which is 75% of my health...

This discussion has been closed.