As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

pet peeves?

1235»

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote:
    Facing money. This one is a bit irrational, but I can't stand cleaning out cashiers' drawers and seeing money all folded, facing different directions. Larger bills have to be face up when we deposit them (banks actually charge extra if they're not), but I get mad about 1s and 5s, too.
    uggghhh.
    i would at times (depending on the day) go find the cashier that was at the register before me and make them clean it up. Face your money correctly. Dammit. And the coupons. ohmygod. everywhere. Everywhere. I get that during a busy day you just slide the coupons into the magical slot in the cash drawer. But when your shift is finished, STRAIGHTEN THEM UP YOU JACKASS! I've had customers waiting for me for like five minutes just so I could get my drawer in a shape that was manageable.
    And around this time of year? ugh.
    Is it weird that I do this to my wallet on a daily basis? Having my money out of order or just disorganized bugs the hell out of me. It doesn't matter if I've got a hundred bucks or five in my wallet. Just knowing that it's not organized bugs me. Start with ones at the front of the wallet, then higher denominations towards the back. All facing the same direction up.
    OCD is a helluva drug.

...Chrome recognizes "helluva" as a word, but says "OCD" is misspelled. Another pet-peeve for you, I guess.

• Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Hardtarget wrote:
    Cabezone wrote:
    A person using the bathroom stall/urinal next to me when there's plenty of empty ones further away.
    There's something much worse than that, people who use urinals but don't feel the need to flush them afterwards. The bathroom near my office has 2 urinals that are still manual flush, every. single. day. I go in there at some point one or both of them have a ton of pee in there.

What the hell people?

Also: Talking in the mens room. If my dick is in my hand, its not a good time to ask me what's going on.

On this same note... not sure if it falls under a pet peeve rather than just general disgust, but I'll post it nonetheless.

Adults that leave a public washroom in a more deplorable condition than a potty training toddler... especially at your workplace. You share this washrooom with your co-workers, treat it like you treat your own bathroom FFS.

It happens CONSTANTLY at my work... and it's not like I work retail, I can't blame this on customers. I've literally walked myself to a different building to use the washroom there because both the stalls in washroom were plugged with shit and toilet paper.

I hope I catch one of these fuckers someday.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote:
    Cabezone wrote:
    A person using the bathroom stall/urinal next to me when there's plenty of empty ones further away.
    There's something much worse than that, people who use urinals but don't feel the need to flush them afterwards. The bathroom near my office has 2 urinals that are still manual flush, every. single. day. I go in there at some point one or both of them have a ton of pee in there.

What the hell people?

Also: Talking in the mens room. If my dick is in my hand, its not a good time to ask me what's going on.

On this same note... not sure if it falls under a pet peeve rather than just general disgust, but I'll post it nonetheless.

Adults that leave a public washroom in a more deplorable condition than a potty training toddler... especially at your workplace. You share this washrooom with your co-workers, treat it like you treat your own bathroom FFS.

It happens CONSTANTLY at my work... and it's not like I work retail, I can't blame this on customers. I've literally walked myself to a different building to use the washroom there because both the stalls in washroom were plugged with shit and toilet paper.

Or the assholes who wipe their boogers on the wall. For crying out loud, there's a role of toilet paper right there. If you need to blow your nose, use it, then flush your disgusting mucus encrusted waste down the crapper. That is not what the walls are for.

• Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    see317 wrote:
    Hardtarget wrote:
    Cabezone wrote:

What the hell people?

Or the assholes who wipe their boogers on the wall. For crying out loud, there's a role of toilet paper right there. If you need to blow your nose, use it, then flush your disgusting mucus encrusted waste down the crapper. That is not what the walls are for.

Unfortunately, I can top that one. Someone at my place of work has recently decided that the drinking fountain at work is the best place to blow their nose.