As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's all go post in the new STEAM thread and talk about Tom Clancy ♥

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Aumni wrote:
    Man o man, Rage at $30? Someone tell me that's a horrible horrible deal please.

Well it's gotten some bad press and opinions, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Also, anyone played Guardians of Graxia?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Aside from Dungeons of Dred, are there any other awesome rogue-like games that should be purchased?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Aumni wrote:
    Aside from Dungeons of Dred, are there any other awesome rogue-like games that should be purchased?

Binding of isaaac?

steam_sig.png
  • AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Aumni wrote:

Binding of Isaac is a Roguelike mixed with Zelda. I'm not sure if there are any other true Roguelikes on Steam.

• starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Riokenn wrote:

What is this site? Is it safe to put my steam and other info on it?

Steamgifts seems pretty legit. A lot of us use it. I think the way it connects to steam is that it doesn't get any of your steam info, just a link from steam saying "this is star man logging in"

oh hey look my contest is on a new page enter it.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:

Well I did it anyway, what does the (10p) mean next to the entry button for games?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    Binding of Isaac is weird but it's also pretty awesome

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I will be a sourpuss and say Polynomial sucks ass.

If you want a game to play your music to, get Beat Hazard or Audiosurf.

Also, kind of mulling over the sales. Already bought RAGE yesterday as I mentioned, Witcher 2 is still juuuuust slightly too expensive and also I should finish the first, but Payday is really damn tempting after the good words Cheesecake had for it.

And then I'll almost certainly grab the Korea + Ancient Wonders pack when I get home. Only extra Civ I don't have yet.

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Lord_Snot wrote:
    Shimshai wrote:
    Steam's servers must be under a serious load, my Dredmor download is topping out at about 30KB/s.

Edit: Whoa, just hit 40KB/s!

Oh God, glad it's not just me. I thought my broadband was being throttled.

Kinda makes sense that today would be a heavy load day. We're a few days into a major sale, so people have been buying alot of new games. However, the last three days have been absorbed by the Thanksgiving holiday and Black Friday shopping so today is probably the first time many have had a chance to sit down and play (thus install) their new goodies.

Except for me, since I'm a waiter. I work on weekends. Monday will be when I dive into some of these new games.

Edit: that said, Shimshai Dredmor is worth the wait. Absolutely one of may favorite indies - up there with Super Meat Boy and SpaceChem in near perfection at what it's trying to be. Lots of content, lots of replay... AND a major content update on it's way.

That's why I've gifted it more than anything else this sale.

APODionysus on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Just capped off my gifting for the day, I hope. My wallet is unhappy, but my Christmas cheer is enormous.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:

Steamgifts seems pretty legit. A lot of us use it. I think the way it connects to steam is that it doesn't get any of your steam info, just a link from steam saying "this is star man logging in"

oh hey look my contest is on a new page enter it.

Oh ok, I withdrew my entry cause I found out my friend is getting me both witchers for my B-Day. Yay.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    I'll catch up with you folks in like 20 pages of the new thread while I work and go back and forth about buying the witcher 1 and 2 now or waiting until the xmas sale.

steam_sig.png
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Just woke up thinking to myself "please be after 1 please be after 1." Rolled over to check my phone to find it was around 2:30, and had a new e-mail notification. Sitting in my inbox were gift copies of Limbo and SC: Chaos Theory courtesy of Taranis and iolo, respectively. Thanks for a fantastic start to the day, fair gentlemen!

I have some thread pages to catch up on, but are we expecting a repeat day or all new sales tomorrow? I'm leaning towards wanting new sales due to this being a shorter one than the summer and winter sales.

steam_sig.png
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Maddoc convinced me to pick up Beat Hazard to go with my other sale aquisitions of Polynomial and Audiosurf. I love games that give me a reason to listen to music at my PC since I normally only listen in my car.

But something else ended up in my cart. Something far more sinister....

A Payday 4pack...

camo_sig2.png
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Aumni wrote:
    Man o man, Rage at $30? Someone tell me that's a horrible horrible deal please.

It's a horrible idea.
    TPSou wrote:
    So are we going to all agree to buy Payday? I can't afford it but hell, I can't afford most of the games I buy. The only problem seems to be lack of community, we can solve that by all getting it!

I'll definitely buy it if other people are going to play it. It certainly seems like the sort of game that you don't want to play alone.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Well, many thanks to @busfahrer for his gift of Dungeons of Dredmor. Thanks for the generosity and stay classy sir!

steam_sig.png
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'd be more tempted to pick up Payday if I could invite myself into some PA shenanigans.

Of course, I'm more tempted to try and convince everyone to pick up and/or reinstall Kane & Lynch 2 so we can get some Fragile Alliance games going.

Seriously, Fragile Alliance is so awesome.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I have been assured that Payday is nigh unplayable without a full four human players.

Which is kind of a downer because getting four people coordinated these days feels like a hurculean effort.

But the pay off is supposed to be worth the trouble.

EDIT: I have K&L2 already and would absolutely be willing to try multi if I can find space to install it.

Maddoc on
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    If there's a need for extra mans in Payday, you've got my gun.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    VINDICATION! Purchasing steamworks based Civ V was cheaper on the Gamestop Daily deal than on steam's daily deal...

I just threw up a little but I saved $3 .

Now to shank someone so I can buy Payday and keep the community active for the Klingon/Ferengi mod.

RoyceSraphim on
    Actually, that reminds me that there has been a conspicuous absense of Killing Floor this sale.

Adellios wrote:
    Aumni wrote:

Binding of Isaac is a Roguelike mixed with Zelda. I'm not sure if there are any other true Roguelikes on Steam.

I'll speak out against Binding of Isaac. It's fun, yes, but not nearly as deep as Dredmor. It relies way too much on style (such as it is) over substance and I think gets more credit than it's due from spillover Meat Boy love.

It also suffers from a few terrible design choices. The use of flash as an engine was a terrible decision and can lead to slowdown on even slightly outdated PCs - seriously, I can run Boderlands just fine, but I get slowdown on freaking Binding of Isaac? Also the lack of native controller from half of a team that practically mocked you for not using a pad in their previous game is downright bizarre.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Fuuuck. Got my card locked again. =[

I just had to try to buy one more gift.

• AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Oh when did they make Steam Gifts easier to join? I remember them posting a bunch of sign-up codes before.
    Not that I'd enter many contests, I'd feel too guilty.

I hope Morrowind is a daily deal tomorrow, I'm still waiting for it to go back down to 5 dollars.

I dunno man, maybe it's for your own good.

You're already turgid with Christmas cheer.

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Maddoc convinced me to pick up Beat Hazard to go with my other sale aquisitions of Polynomial and Audiosurf. I love games that give me a reason to listen to music at my PC since I normally only listen in my car.

But something else ended up in my cart. Something far more sinister....

A Payday 4pack...

Beat hazard is amazing! make sure you try and play it with the visualisation set to full (can't remember if its 150% or 300%) it's absolutely insane and will burn holes in your retinas

steam_sig.png
    Yeah by the way if anyone is epileptic don't go near Beat Hazard because you will seriously die for real.

The game will literally kill you.

• AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So many games that I want...did Sam 3 go on sale already?

EDIT: Thank you for the feedback all, ended up with Dredmor!

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2011

You think your bank would just accept this by now.

initiatefailure on
  • PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Thanks for the contests, Starmanbrand!

camo_sig2.png
    Maddoc wrote:

I dunno man, maybe it's for your own good.

You're already turgid with Christmas cheer.

Probably so. I got a bit carried away at the end there.

Related: @Big Isy and @APODionysus need to check their email.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    This is for the new thread coming soon, but since it's topical right now:

paydaycomic.jpg

• FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular

They should know who they're dealing with. This is a man who possesses infinite layers of classiness. It's one gift on top of another, forever. Presents, all the way down.

Thanks @minor incident for Inside a Star Filled Sky!

That is an excellent comic edit

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    So I went pretty Steam nuts this last week. Grabbed Oblivion: GOTY, a Humble Bundle, Rome: TW, Shogun 2 and Dead Island. I also bought Starcraft 2 on Amazon. I wanted to bite on Deus Ex on Amazon for $20 but thought I had done enough damage. Shit, I went nuts.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!

I know, right?

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Top notch, TychoCelchuuu.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Next thread OP should have glassyg.png and classy2.png somewhere so we can find them easier.

That is the best comic edit.

steam_sig.png
    ok... So my phone just dinged twice with email notifications. The first goes to @mere_immortal who gifted me Lightfish and wanted to know what it was. I honestly don't know how to describe it. I saw TotalBiscuit do it during his WTFathon and thought it looked like good casual fun.

Now here's the biggie. Everyone pay attention. @minor incident the King of Class, just gifted me Skyrim. Freaking Skyrim! I don't know what to say. This is the game that has lead to me saving to build a new PC, as my laptop can maybe barely run it. (I guess I'll find out)It is my goal. My dream. Now it's here to urge me on in all the crazy doubleshifts I'll be working to save up for the project.

Thank you Minor Incident. You are a god.

My only regret is that this is on such a late page on this thread.

Wow.