As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tiny little computers with tiny little computer sweaters [smartphones/tablets]

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    there were a couple reviews that absolutely slammed it.. when compared to the ipad2.

which is a silly comparison imo.

it's a 200$ ereader with some tablety stuff and access to all of amazon's prime/catalogue. That's pretty solid.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    That's why I said compared to the new nook

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Yeah I heard the nook was slightly better spec/performance wise, but that decision really depends on how important having prime is for you

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Glory to windows phone 7, got dat 4.3 inch screen on this bitch, so nice.

Also fucking love my kindle. Use it like every day.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I've got a netbook.

I also have a shitty phone. I'm really happy with both.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    netbooks are pretty great

10 inches seems too small for me though, the one I have now is 12 inches

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I have a netbook and a laptop I never use. If I'm not on my desktop I just use my iPad.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    My roommate bought our hd7 windows phone yesterday that was on clearance

He really likes it

Tiles are slick as hell

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    I have an HTC Desire which I use pretty much exactly as you would a regular phone, and also to listen to music on the bus

it should probably be controlling everything I own via bluetooth and such but it just seems like a hassle when I have a screen twenty times bigger right here

oh, and it's an alarm clock

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Someday I'll probably get an ereader.
    Really do like the feel of a book in my hands though.

I have an HTC Incredible.
    I've been pretty happy with it. Though the silver htc plastic things on the back of it finally all fell off.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    The only Apple device I've ever owned is an iphone and I can't live without it. So handy for work and home.

• Options
    I am trying to transition my phone into being my primary music+podcast device

Google Music is pretty neat

• Options
    T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    I've had a Samsung Captivate (one of the Galaxy S line) and while the phone is great, I'm really starting to dislike AT&T with their data caps and expensive plans. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and break the contact and sell my phone and get a new T-Mobile phone with their $30 a month prepaid unlimited data throttled after 5 gigs plan. It really suits me and I won't be stuck in a contract anymore which will be awesome. I'm leaning toward the HTC Sensation, G2x, and Galaxy S II

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    My dad just got an Ipad. And oh my god, I thought I hated Apple.

Reading comics on this rules. And I need to steal this from him ASAP

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I think the instant you read 10-20 books on an e-reader, you've justified the cost.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    I have an iphone that I got about 4 months back. It's pretty solid. Being able to check all my internet things while on the go certainly is useful. There are some thing about it that I'm not a big fan of, like no flash, but nothing huge. Will probably get something else once the contract runs out however.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I have an iPhone 4, and the iPad has been beckoning to me ever since it came out.

I think the third iteration will be the one that defeats me.

The idea that I'll probably get an iPad in the future is the only thing that kept me from snapping up one of those $80 Kindles. I mean, shit, only $80?!

• Options
    Considering flash no longer supports mobile devices period I can forgive a lack of flash.

Podcast wise on androids, google listen is fucking incredible

On a side note since getting this iPad 2 I have not used my computer to post. The split keyboard is glorious for typing.

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    I have a desktop pc, 2 laptops, a netbook, a tablet, and 3 different phones

I think I have a problem

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Ahhh you guys are making it so hard for me, and my birthday's on Monday too aaaaaaaah

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Mensch ereaders are so great. Plus if you have prime there are a load of books you can get free for a month, kindles are the besssst

• Options
    You want a tablet and a phone too

Just to be safe

Also does anyone here have an iPad who will buy swords and soldiers to play with me

Because that game was great on PC and waaaaaay better on iOS

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've got my Evo and my HP Touchpad.

I'm strongly considering putting Android on the Touchpad. WebOS is really nice but since it is mostly unsupported now there are never any new apps.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I have a T-Mobile G2 that has been a pain in the dick ever since it got the 2.3 upgrade

I want a tablet just to read comics on but I'd probably end up just sticking with my laptop (a MacBook Pro)

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Upgraded my iPhone 3G to an iPhone 4s a few weeks back, it is so much faster and niftier. Haven't used the Siri stuff too much.

Also have an iPad 2 that I love to pieces. I'm using it right now to make post! It is so handy and Nifty and I would die without it now. Some apps I use daily are: instapaper, comic zeal, words with friends hd, Netflix, and hbo go. I've read a few books on it through ibooks and the kindle app, but using it as an ereader for an extended amount of time troubles my eyes at times. Still most excellent

Got my dad the kindle fire for his bday yesterday, and gotta say, that thing is an amazing piece of tech and makes me wanna splurge down the road. So compact and sleek, and amazon prime streaming has a decent selection as well

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Put android on your touchpad

You will be much much happier I think

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Ahhh you guys are making it so hard for me, and my birthday's on Monday too aaaaaaaah

yes yes get one! my kindle is awesome. I still buy and read real books, go to the library, hang out in bookstores, etc, but the ereader makes it sooo much easier to read whatever I want when I want it (and it's good for taking notes if I'm reading something for school! no spending half an hour searching through a book for a certain quote).

(p.s. late november birthdays are the best!)

• Options
    I really want to buy an ereader but I am going to wait until after Christmas on the unlikely chance someone gets me one.

• Options
    AUGH FINE YOU'VE SOLD ME

YOU CAN GET YOUR COMMISSIONS FROM AMAZON DOT COM NOW

okay now convince me which psp i should get

3000 seems like the most obvious choice, I guess, but the PSP go looks fine. But I heard the Go is dumb??

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I had an HTC Surround with Windows 7 Mobile or whatever

it worked for almost a year

then one day it just got stuck on the start up screen and started to heat up like crazy, so I shut it off

I took it to the AT&T store and after a 20 minute wait they told me to go to their repair place, which is about 25 minutes away.

I did so, waited for another 20 minutes and the dude told me that "Yeah, that is just something that Windows Phones do sometimes."

he opened up the case and there were very minor water marks, so minor that he explicitly told me "There is no way this could have caused your phone to break".

but sadly they couldn't take the phone, despite it being under warranty and the issue being a flaw in the Windows OS, because it had 3 tiny water marks inside

so now I am rocking a shitty 40 dollar flip gophone

woo

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AUGH FINE YOU'VE SOLD ME

YOU CAN GET YOUR COMMISSIONS FROM AMAZON DOT COM NOW

okay now convince me which psp i should get

3000 seems like the most obvious choice, I guess, but the PSP go looks fine. But I heard the Go is dumb??
    You should wait and get a Vita

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Those are hella expensive what do they offer that a 3k doesn't

• Options
    Dual touch surfaces (screen and back touchpad), games that people actually want to play, better browsing experience, better user interface

If you must get a psp get a 3000 because the go failed harder than the fucking micro

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Also the Go did not have a UMD slot, right?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Thanks again guys <3

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I'm probably picking up an LG Optimus Q in a month
    hot damn NET10's plan for it is cheeeeap

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I kinda liked the GB Micro.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Artreus wrote:

That's why it failed hardddddd

Fuck I love this iPad though

It's shiny and white and my other one is shiny and black but this one is NEW and has NEW THINGS on it

I need more cool things for it

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I've got a LG G2X.

It's pretty cool. I can play that gameloft game that is basically wow, or the one that is basically starcraft.

• Options
    T4CT wrote:
    Artreus wrote:

That's why it failed hardddddd

Fuck I love this iPad though

It's shiny and white and my other one is shiny and black but this one is NEW and has NEW THINGS on it

I need more cool things for it
    GIVE ME YOUR OTHER ONE

or maybe just play AssRev with me sometime today because I am bored

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.