As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA comic: Friday Nov. 25, 2011 - The Conflux, Part Two

DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
edited November 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-967F7kT-M.jpg

DJ Eebs on

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Isn't this what D&D games are usually about?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    No, it's what Japanese RPGs are all about.

Though I do have a suggestion if this is an actual thing:

Make the Godseeds SPROUT INSIDE THE PLAYERS.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So they need this celestial watering can.

It's located in the crypt of eternal gardeners.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    The plantfood of the gods, it is in the obligatory sewer level for some weird reason.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    The name of the new Fruit Fucker statue should be "Pulp Friction"

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I love you Kal

Also I could see this leading into an amazing adventure of some Feywild Hanging Gardens of Babylon style campaign which the players gave birth to as new gods to live on in memory and provide peace as their last act.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    As DM, Gabe should deceive his players and trick them into drinking a de-leveling potion, or perhaps hand out a bunch of cursed items as quest rewards which alter and limit the capabilities of the party. Maybe some race/sex/class change items. What if the warrior of the party wakes up and finds that he's an elf maiden with enchanted songs. What if the wizard finds he's gained an incredible knack for pick pocketing, and he's now a mute and can no longer cast magic.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I like to roleplay, but the full graph this data resides in is three dimensional and denotes a wealth of additional data. For example, I like roleplaying more than I like being chased through the savannah by leopard, but just barely. What I like is doing worldbuilding, creating characters, and writing dialogue, which are things you can do from that side of the table but aren’t necessarily your place. The BDSM term is, I think, “Topping From The Bottom.”

I also love playing DnD, but not roleplaying. I am much more of a problem solver and trying to figure out how to move the group forward, rather than getting to character and all of that. I just am not good at it.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote:
    As DM, Gabe should deceive his players and trick them into drinking a de-leveling potion, or perhaps hand out a bunch of cursed items as quest rewards which alter and limit the capabilities of the party. Maybe some race/sex/class change items. What if the warrior of the party wakes up and finds that he's an elf maiden with enchanted songs. What if the wizard finds he's gained an incredible knack for pick pocketing, and he's now a mute and can no longer cast magic.

That's a good way to have an entire room of people punch you in the dick.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    The real trick to something like this is figuring out ways to turn the group members against each other.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I want to see more about these godseeds

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

Do you know the story of the Virgin Mary?

• Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Amulet of Strangulation

• Options
    NorthNorth Registered User regular
    Oh hey look! The Buy this comic button has returned.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

perhaps they are similar to the golden apples of myth that conferred immortality upon the gods