As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prox's Portfolio Website

PROXPROX Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Artist's Corner
I've updated my portfolio by moving it to tumblr. I'd appreciate feedback.

http://jeffchuang.tumblr.com/

I'm forwarding my www.jeffrey-chuang.com address here.

PROX on

• rtsrts Registered User regular
    I like it man, simple and effective! Easy to manage too I bet. Sorry I don't have a lot of feedback.

If I were going to be picky I would say the grey background, white windows, and brown buttons aren't really cohesive.

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Agree with cake. Maybe change the white to some kind of Bone white or something (#E3DAC9) and a darker grey for a background. Otherwise it's great, very manageable.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I love your new stuff, Prox! Especially your environments.

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    You might want to edit the tumblr skin and strip the posts of the date, and maybe title the sections instead. Basically if you are going to use tumblr in a non blog format, I would strip the bloging elements as much as possible. Unless you plan to update often, its going to look lame in January when your sections have huge banners that say they are from November of last year. Otherwise I think it works surprisingly well!

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Is it just me or are all the images loading up in really low res?

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Agreed with Iruka, I would edit/minimize the dates on the posts-- those bold banners are really stark and distracting.

oh, and hit the follow button, cause I'd love to see more!

tapeslinger on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll see if I can edit the dates out and fudge with the color settings.

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    I think your page could benefit from having more of a focal point. Like have your best piece be part of the header or instead of many thumbnails have at least one larger one. Something to draw you in more instead of having the user choose which thumbnails to choose right away.

• EyecagerEyecager Registered User regular
    Be careful with tumblr, it likes to resize things. But other then that it's looking pretty swank!

Way cooler name, thanks guys!