As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skyrim: Make sure to inspect the smell of your children’s finger nails on a daily basis.

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    VoproSTEIN wrote:
    Every time I kill a dragon with a Shout.

tumblr_luo02n8xdT1qatv5co2_500.jpg

you dress your dog up in a silly christmas costume?

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    Every time I kill a dragon with a Shout.

tumblr_luo02n8xdT1qatv5co2_500.jpg

I let my Haters be my Motivators.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Downloading PS3 update

92MB patch, hopefully this will make the game run smoother and fix the annoying whoop everything stops working except the music crash.

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Buddies wrote:
    Langly wrote:
    i've been having lots of fun just going to the greybeards and asking for shout locations and fast traveling there. Finally got enchanting up and put three pieces of +archery on and am now wrecking things more than before.

I wonder if there is a way to add health to companions vis the console? It is pretty fucking dumb that companions don't level with you, and I like lydia but she just gets hammered in one hit these days.

Does +health armor work on them?

What level are you and how far into the game are you?

My Lydia is practically unkillable. I've hit her multiple times with my 2 Hander that does 533 damage and I've never seen her fall to a knee since I gave her Dragonplate Armor and a Daedric Shield.

I got her almost instantly, at like level 9 or 10. I am now level 46 and she is wearing full dragon plate and a dwarven shield of blocking, and she gets killed by bandits.

• Options
    Deicist wrote:
    Buddies wrote:
    Langly wrote:
    i've been having lots of fun just going to the greybeards and asking for shout locations and fast traveling there. Finally got enchanting up and put three pieces of +archery on and am now wrecking things more than before.

I wonder if there is a way to add health to companions vis the console? It is pretty fucking dumb that companions don't level with you, and I like lydia but she just gets hammered in one hit these days.

My Lydia is practically unkillable. I've hit her multiple times with my 2 Hander that does 533 damage and I've never seen her fall to a knee since I gave her Dragonplate Armor and a Daedric Shield.

you can use the console to make your followers level up.

from UESP
    If you have an attachment to a certain follower and wish to continue to use him or her after he or she has become obsolete, you can update his or her stats by dismissing the companion, then opening the console, clicking the follower in question, typing "disable" and then typing "enable" without the quotation marks, then ask them to rejoin. The follower's inventory will remain unaffected, but his or her stats will all be updated to match the player's current level.

THANK YOU HOORAY

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So is the companion not leveling thing a bug or what? Cause man if that was intended

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    it could very well be intended, to try to provide an incentive for players to switch out followers

I mean to read this thread you'd think that lydia is the only follower in the game

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    she is

• Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    When does their level get set? When you first meet them or the first time you tell them to follow you or some other time?

• Options
    She's the only one worth having.

Until she gets depressed in Blackreach and dives to her death for no reason.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    I guess. I need to get myself into an Orc stronghold and find someone who can hold a shield.

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    Lydia holds a shield.

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    I need to track down that dog follower and just fight dragons with my dog

possibly with a khajiit character

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    The dog was by far the worst fucking thing to ever accompany me.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    moocow wrote:
    Lydia holds a shield.

Well yeah but she must be stuck at level 5 or something and I'm on console.

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I hate having followers in any game. I'm very glad that the game isn't so difficult to make them super useful.

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    alternately

(clavicus vile quest)
    just get to the part where you have to track down the guy in the cave for the axe

and just never do it, and have barbas follow you around forever

the last time I hung around with barbas he took on two dragons at once without flinching

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    someone, somew
    Langly wrote:
    Deicist wrote:
    Buddies wrote:
    Langly wrote:

from UESP
    If you have an attachment to a certain follower and wish to continue to use him or her after he or she has become obsolete, you can update his or her stats by dismissing the companion, then opening the console, clicking the follower in question, typing "disable" and then typing "enable" without the quotation marks, then ask them to rejoin. The follower's inventory will remain unaffected, but his or her stats will all be updated to match the player's current level.

THANK YOU HOORAY

wait does this work on console by just telling them to leave and then picking them back up again?

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    I dunno whats up with Lydia either, I think she stops levelling after about 30-35. I'm 46 now and she gets killed pretty fast by anything remotely dangerous. She has fully upgraded Dragon plate, I even threw a few enchantments on it like +health and +magic resist.

Also just got my enchanting to 100 and.. whoops turns out you can't add a 2nd enchantment to already existing gear.. sooo now my quest for Daedra hearts begins anew, joy! :P

• Options
    Apothecaries have a daedra heart or two, usually.

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    alternately

(clavicus vile quest)
    just get to the part where you have to track down the guy in the cave for the axe

and just never do it, and have barbas follow you around forever

the last time I hung around with barbas he took on two dragons at once without flinching

he can't die, so he's an invincible companion.

But he's fucking awful. Especially if you're a sneak.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Mysst wrote: »
    someone, somew
    Langly wrote:
    Deicist wrote:
    Buddies wrote:
    Langly wrote:

from UESP

THANK YOU HOORAY

wait does this work on console by just telling them to leave and then picking them back up again?

No, what you are doing is re-implementing the leveling that happens when you first spawn the character. You aren't just telling them to go home.

Companions are frozen from the first time you enter their zone.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Stale wrote:
    The dog was by far the worst fucking thing to ever accompany me.

Agreed

Yappy motherfucker

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    You can buy a dog from dog breeders if you want one after you finish that quest line.

• Options
    The worst one for me is (Dark Brotherhood Spoiler)
    Lucien FUCKING LaChance, goddamn man SHUT UP. Just constantly, constantly with the patter

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    The priestess of Azura is a badass companion, if Lydia is too wimpy anymore.

• Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    The one time Lydia died was when she started brawling with the frost troll in the cave under the embassy. I thought she was a Dremora Lord because it was dark and she was wearing Dragonplate armour, so in the midst of battle I tried to backstab the troll. But, just as I did that she killed it, so I ended up slitting her throat open.

Halfway through the finishing animation I realised who I had killed.

Now Lydia just sits in my house all day, after I reloaded the game. I'm going to put her to good use again and sacrifice her to Boethiah.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    jwalk wrote:
    Also just got my enchanting to 100 and.. whoops turns out you can't add a 2nd enchantment to already existing gear.. sooo now my quest for Daedra hearts begins anew, joy! :P
    Well now I am really pissed that I used all those hearts to make potions.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    captaink wrote: »

Yeah, but then you don't get the black star.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    Mysst wrote: »
    someone, somew
    Langly wrote:
    Deicist wrote:
    Buddies wrote:
    Langly wrote:

from UESP

THANK YOU HOORAY

No, what you are doing is re-implementing the leveling that happens when you first spawn the character. You aren't just telling them to go home.

Companions are frozen from the first time you enter their zone.

goddamit lydia

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    One time I was shooting a deathlord through a doorway, and lydia ran in right as I was firing/ She is so hilariously low level now that, from zero hits, she instantly died and ragdolled through the door.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    black star is the best star

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    captaink wrote: »

Yeah, but then you don't get the black star.

Yeah that's rough. It makes it a tough decision, which is kind of nice. My non-enchanter, Daedra-loving Khajiit helped Azura.

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Hey guys, look at my awesome house!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHvx0l_tVEw
    Not my house. Please don't call the police on me.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    [L][L] Lincoln, NERegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to have to see if I can figure out the console commands to remove perks... I hear destruction dual-casting is either buggy or not worth it, and impact has just made almost any fight a bore, with practically no risk to myself at all as long as I have mana. I think it'd be a lot better, or at least not as terribly gamebreaking, if it was just a chance, percent based thing, like crits with swords.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    if you go melee and want to at least pretend it's a fair fight then don't do any smithing to improve your weapons (or at least don't stack +smithing gear and potions when you're upgrading a weapon)

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Is there a super simple Barney-style guide to modding the game? Last time I tried modding, with New Vegas, I couldn't get anything to work properly even after following all the directions I found.
    Hey guys, look at my awesome house!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHvx0l_tVEw
    Not my house. Please don't call the police on me.

Jesus, that is creepy as fuck.

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote:
    Downloading PS3 update

92MB patch, hopefully this will make the game run smoother and fix the annoying whoop everything stops working except the music crash.
    I'm pretty amazed that I've got over 50 hours into this and have had zero issues, no crashes, no slowdown, nothing. And yet everyone else has problems.
    Hopefully it fixes things for you!

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    hahahah what the fuuuuuuck

This discussion has been closed.