As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Discussing JAIL

15678911»

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2004
    I didnt repost it, I was making fun of people who cant take apple getting bashed the 2nd time arround.

See, there's a difference between making interesting arguments or genuinely 'slamming' something and parading around like a belligerent 12 year old, raging against anything that doesn't fit into your narrow view of the world.

Which reminds me, I promised to unjail you today and forgot. I'll get on that.

denihilist on
  • Options
    CombustibleCombustible Registered User regular
    edited February 2004
    So how is it you can on the one hand promote the idea of "making interesting arguments" and on the other hand lock a thread where no wrong was done (the first thread)?

Combustible on
    exploding.jpg
    Don't fuck with me, I play Tribes.
  • Options
    Forum LurkerForum Lurker Registered User regular
    edited February 2004
    So how is it you can on the one hand promote the idea of "making interesting arguments" and on the other hand lock a thread where no wrong was done (the first thread)?

Simple, you were being a blantant asshat. You gave nothing to the degree of "making interesting arguments" because you stated your opinion and complained about an ad (where the "flaw" was intentional). Shortly after, you made a topic about how much you hate Macs even though we knew it the first time in your locked topic. People thought it wasn't needed and agreed to jail you.

Forum Lurker on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2004

Simple, you were being a blantant asshat.

You could have stopped there, yanno. ;)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2004

Well, it will stop him from asking, "Why am I (blah blah)?"

I also like the fact I may have tramatized him.

Forum Lurker on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2004

Well, it will stop him from asking, "Why am I (blah blah)?"

I also like the fact I may have tramatized him.

:^:

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2004
    being an asshole is par for the course arround here. im not defending the 2nd thread, jackass.

Combustible on
    exploding.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2004
    being an asshole is par for the course arround here. im not defending the 2nd thread, jackass.

Neither was I offending the 2nd thread...

I was attacking both of the threads.

I also was stating the reasons why you got jailed and why the first thread got locked, idiot.

Forum Lurker on
  • Options
    edited February 2004
    I dont give a fuck why I was jailed, and your reason for the first thread getting locked is your tiny little opinion and meands precisely dick to me.

Combustible on
    exploding.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2004
    I dont give a fuck why I was jailed, and your reason for the first thread getting locked is your tiny little opinion and meands precisely dick to me.

Opinion? Let us see your thread.
    http://www.apple.com/hardware/ads/1984/1984_240.html

I remember the 1984 comercial....
    ...but I know for sure the chick didnt have an ipod on her waist when they were aired.

Fucking apple.

Let us see my descriptions of the thread.
    I wrote:
    You gave nothing to the degree of "making interesting arguments" because you stated your opinion and complained about an ad (where the "flaw" was intentional).

I'd like to think it was an accurate description of your topic and post.

EDIT- I'd like to add that it means dick to me as well. I just like to see some idiot (not naming names :wink: ) suffer.

Forum Lurker on
  • Options
    edited February 2004
    Entropy: Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.
    Apple: prima donnas
    The 1984 ad: one of the most highly praised works of corporate art _EVER_
    Inserting an ipod into it: an act of a prima donna, tainting the art and removing its previous value and historical significance

the 1st thread: TOTALLY AT HOME IN SOCIAL ENTROPY

so again, your tiny little opinion means precisely dick to me.

Combustible on
    exploding.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2004
    I wrote:
    EDIT- I'd like to add that it means dick to me as well. I just like to see some idiot (not naming names :wink: ) suffer.

Now scream and whine some more and let us call it a day.

EDIT- I would like my screaming and whining right about now please.
    And please do not let God stop you from posting more crappy posts with your highly valued opinion. I'll give more "opinions" you do not wish to give your dick about.

EDIT2 - You've changed your avatar so people won't recognize you. That's the first smart thing you did in this thread. Now, just follow me to lurksville and you'll be OK.

Forum Lurker on
  • Options
    KolchakKolchak Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2004
    Entropy: Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.
    Apple: prima donnas
    The 1984 ad: one of the most highly praised works of corporate art _EVER_
    Inserting an ipod into it: an act of a prima donna, tainting the art and removing its previous value and historical significance

the 1st thread: TOTALLY AT HOME IN SOCIAL ENTROPY

so again, your tiny little opinion means precisely dick to me.

It means enough to you for you to make a post justifying yourself to the person whose opinion you don't care about, informing him just how much you don't care.

This is what the PM button is for, dude. And why even go that route? It's the internet. Why not just let it lie?

Kolchak on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited February 2004
    Well, sigh.

Off the record, I'd like to say that the users themselves are hardly elitists or squabbling ranters just because of the type of computer they own.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.