As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MISC] MAGFest X: Jan 5-8. Featuring Nobuo Uematsu and his band EARTHBOUND PAPAS

NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in PAX Archive
MAGFest
Jan 5-8, 2012
National Harbor, MD (just outside D.C.)
http://magfest.org

Hey PAXers and Arcadians! I'm Nick and I'm on staff with MAGFest. You probably know MAGFest best from being the people who run the Jamspace at PAX. Did you know, though, that MAGFest is an event of its own that is going into its 10th year? It's short for Music And Gaming Festival, so we're calling this year MAGFest X. It's four days of non-stop gaming, guests, and music, with our main stage being filled to the brim with the best video game cover bands you've ever seen. We sold out at 3000 people last year, so we're moving to a new venue and growing faster than ever. Our headlining guest this year is Final Fantasy series composer Nobuo Uematsu and his new band EARTHBOUND PAPAS, which features several members from his previous band The Black Mages.

Let me give you a rundown of the major features of MAGFest:
  • 12+ Video game music cover bands like EARTHBOUND PAPAS, Metroid Metal, The OneUps, ARMCANNON, and more!
  • Tons of awesome guests like Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy series composer), Ellen McLain (voice of GLaDOS), Jon St John (voice of Duke Nukem), Angry Video Game Nerd, Loading Ready Run, Extra Credits, Hey Ash Whatcha Playin', and much much more.
  • Over 150 arcade machines on freeplay
  • Tons of console games
  • BYOC LAN
  • Tabletop games
  • Vendors
  • Jamspace
And all of this runs 24 hours a day for all four days of the event.

"So it's a gaming event on the east coast? Why not just go to PAX East instead?"
What makes MAGFest unique is that it's an event run by fans for fans. There are no corporate sponsors, no crowded showfloors, and no top-secret-behind-closed-doors showings. MAGFest is built from the ground up to be a party-like atmosphere with focus on community and fan creations, which creates an environment that no other expo or convention can ever recreate. Don't get me wrong, I love PAX and wouldn't miss it for the world, but MAGFest is a completely different experience, and it's definitely worth going to both.

I hope to see you guys there this year!

NickTheNewbie on