As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Football/Soccer] Chamack to score 30 goals for West Ham

projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
edited January 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    MLS Expansion draft in ~1-12 hours*.

Nowhammiesnowhammiesnowhammiesnowhammies. This is not the Fucito you're looking for *handwave*

*or more, if MLS decides that 12PM PST really means 10AM tomorrow

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    APOEL becomes the first Cypriot club to ever qualify for the CL knockout round. I think that also extends to any major UEFA club tournament but I could be wrong.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    well shit

impact took james riley and traded him to chivas usa
    and also traded with us for tyson wahl in exchange for allocation money

also they drafted brian ching, calling his retirement bluff

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Well shit. Really hoping we werent going to lose Riley. Also, rvp scored something like his 32105235 goal this year.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Really interested to see what Ching does...

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Montreal's coach called up Ching before the draft and he was still saying that he plans to retire instead of going to Montreal. I suspect Houston will try to come up with a trade to get him back, but I also suspect that whatever Houston tries to offer will be less than what Montreal wants for him.

Also, the waiver draft took place. Only one person was drafted. Midfielder Nizar Khalfan from Vancouver to Philadelphia.
    Among players waived in MLS was John Rooney, who I've been told was only drafted by RBNY as a favor 2 MLS, which feared he'd go undrafted

Sounders waived no players... not sure about what other notable players got waived around the league.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    CristoCristo Registered User regular
    Alex Song? More like Alex SONGNALDO.

• Options
    I can't believe that Colorado never protected Nyassi... good pickup by Montreal. I can't see Ching actually going through the move, he's been in Houston so damn long.

• Options
    word is that arlo white has moved on to NBC

and miguel montano has announced on facebook that he's signed with impact montreal; team statements indicate that they didn't get anything in return for the trade

this is like the worst thanksgiving eve

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Adelaide may have fluked their way into a qualifier for the next AFC champions league due to Australia maybe going from 2 teams to 2.5. All depends on whether FFA give it to 3rd on the table or 3rd in the playoffs.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    How come I, the mls playoff bracket winner, am not honored in the op??

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    wba v spurs is entertaining. Minus this random ass goal being allowed. Now I know I can push a goalkeeper holding the ball over the line and have it count as a goal.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    US Soccer is seriously wondering why it's still humoring WUSA with an official sanction, given that WUSA only has five teams left in the league. They gave WUSA what amounts to an ultimatum to find at bare minimum a sixth team in two weeks.

An American league is supposed to have eight teams in order to be a sanctioned competition.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Man, what is wrong with people?

The wife of Uruguay Manager, Oscar Tabarez, was attacked with acid while walking down the street in their hometown.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/latinamerica/story/wife-oscar-tabarez-attack-acid-silvia-martinez-uruguay-montevideo-112611

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Even though I hate Manchester United I felt bad for them today. That was a shit penalty. That said, the foul that got them their goal looked more like low post play in the NBA than a foul in the EPL so maybe karma but still. Bollocks. Newcastle on the other hand were good value for their draw. Chelsea were solid but I saw nothing to make me think they can beat a decent side. They are not good on the ball under pressure unlike Arsenal, Man City, and Man U. It doesn't matter most of the time but you really notice it when it does.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    That's the biggest change I have noticed with Arsenal, they can soak up pressure. With a couple of added pieces in the winter transfer window, I'm not really scared of them not qualifying for the Champions League. Even without, they are arguably on par with Liverpool, and better than Chelsea.

• Options
    oldmanken wrote:
    That's the biggest change I have noticed with Arsenal, they can soak up pressure. With a couple of added pieces in the winter transfer window, I'm not really scared of them not qualifying for the Champions League. Even without, they are arguably on par with Liverpool, and better than Chelsea.

Adds is a big if given the money men at Arsenal, but I think Arsenal is 3rd and Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool are vying for 4th in that order. This could change if Roman goes crazy like a fox in January.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    You know, all the talk is of RVP, and he is certainly important, but there is a really good spine to Arsenal now. Song is a beast, and is pretty close to having the same kind of influence that Essien had for Chelsea a few years ago. Vermaelen, despite his own goal today, just provides a stability we missed last season, and when he's unavailable Koschelny is showing signs of being more than capable of marshelling the back-line. We also no longer have a keeper worry... Schezeny is as good as you'll get in the EPL.

Wings and a creative centre in the midfield are needed. Arshavin is going to see the exit in January, and there was talk of doing a straight swap for Farfan from Schalke, which I think would be smart. I wouldn't be surprised if we go heavy in for Goetze in January, as Arsene really fancies him apparently.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    November has been such a bad month for refereeing.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wales's manager, Gary Speed, seems to have killed himself. He was 42. That's a real shame.

• Options
    Yeah just saw that news. That's terrible. The guy was doing great things for Wales.

• Options
    So sad about Speed. He had two sons.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    The news about Gary Speed was absolutely tragic. Hopefully this means the FA will throw their weight behind depression awareness and suicide prevention, which would be at least some form of silver lining.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I couldn't believe it when I read the news the next day. I thought it had to be someone else.

It just seems to have come out of nowhere; you've got people saying that they only spoke to him the day before, and saying he was fine. In fact, I think he was on the football league show on the Saturday night. If it was depression, then he hid it incredibly well.

Football has lost a true gent.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    gary speed news has really bummed me out, feel so bad for his kids :(

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    A few new MLS jerseys for 2012:

NewJerseyRelease.jpg

378981_10150435657291489_60072341488_8307047_926871804_n.jpg

new_kits2.jpg

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I like the union jersies just cause they helped ease the stark contrast of the shirt sponsor. I really hope Seattle gets rid of the bra strap design as its ugly as sin.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Bimbo? Really?

• Options
    That Crew away kit is the most awful thing I've ever seen.

• Options
    Tav wrote:
    Bimbo? Really?

It's the largest bakery company in the world.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I don't care. And I know full well that half the Mexican teams have Bimbo as their sponsor too. If a company named Bimbo is your sponsor, you automatically suck. Especially if your fans speak English.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    This coming from the guy writing a book on why to pick a certain football club.

Ok. I take it that's chapter 1?

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I don't get the big deal, I heard Bimbo is a good sponsor, they outbid both Slapper and Slag for the sponsorship.

• Options
    Draeven wrote:
    I like the union jersies just cause they helped ease the stark contrast of the shirt sponsor. I really hope Seattle gets rid of the bra strap design as its ugly as sin.

The TechFit straps are gone. Collars are in. You can safely assume that the 2012 green/shale kits will be very similar in features to the new cyan kits.

Large_150207-Menthirdkit.jpg

• Options
    I despise collars.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Can't say I'm a fan either

Teams with 2012 kits that will have collars (probably not a full list, some kits haven't been revealed yet):

Columbus, DC, Seattle, Kansas City, Houston, New England, Toronto

only 2 away from half the league, with many teams left to go

• Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    Not really surprising but nice to have finalized, Rosales has re-upped with Seattle. Not officially announced, but his agent told The Seattle Times Rosales is "very happy with his new contract, and very excited about next season."

OTP.jpg
  • Options
    Interesting:

http://video.thescore.com/embed/jonathan-de-guzman-to-play-for-canada

Getting Jonathan and Hoillet to suit up for Canada would certainly address some of our problems.

This discussion has been closed.