As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old wow chat thread. go find the new one.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Esh wrote:
    Jubal77 wrote:
    On the loot issue. To me a pug means that they are not guild mates. They are people I will never play with again most likely. And this usually means people are not nice in pugs. It is a common occurrence for me in pugs. It sucks.v I have leveled every class to 85 and that has afforded me many many instances of people just being not nice. It doesn't mean i am a mean person mindlessly to people in pug groups. It is a cause and effect thing for me. I guess you all have assumed that I need everything that comes across my plate which I do not do. If the group is a good group I'll pass to the good healer or other people doing their jobs. But these groups are few and far between to me.

To me I'm in a pug to get points and loot. As is everyone else. And that is how it goes on the vast majority of my queues. No holds barred. I must be On a crappy battle group or something.

Your persistence in perpetuating this behavior doesn't help things. I mean honestly, are you reading what you're writing? There are dozens of people I see every day that I will not see again, it's no excuse to be a goose to them. And don't use the "it's not real life" excuse. That's a pretty flimsy argument in this day and age. It still upsets people and upsets their day.

Just because something happens to you, doesn't mean you need to take out your frustrations on others. People are here to have fun and enjoy themselves, not put up with goosery like yours. Be a better man about it and stop stooping to their (your current) level.

Let me be clear. If someone is rolling on everything then I roll on everything. On my battlegroup this is the norm not the exception. Its not a "this happened to me once" affair. It is a "when this happens to me next" affair. I was talking with a guildmate about this the other day. He stated that while the LFD tool is great it also removes any accountability. In the old days if you were a jerk you got black listed. Nowadays people have anonymity. We all know what this causes. This is my experience and it may not be yours.

Edit: Then there are special cases which make a system such as this much more of an issue in 5 mans than they do in raids. Primary Stats are king in initial gearing for almost all specs. Secondary stats take a backseat until you are real raiding, we shall see if LFR requires serious gearing but I doubt it. Imagine I am a healer with a 333 blue ring gearing through heriocs and a 346 purp drops that has no spi on it but has hit and mastery. With a quick reforge it now has spirit on it and is an all around upgradde That would most likely be a dps ring under the new system but a huge upgrade to healing done and would use as a healer. It is not cut and dry in 5 mans until you reach the end of gearing in it. By then your buying VP non set gear anyway.

Jubal77 on
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    815165 wrote:
    So peeps were worried the 5.0 changes would mean non-resto druids didnt have an ooc res, turns out that was just a mistake with the calc. \o/
    Heh I wish it were true. I can't think of a single encounter where I would replace a feral with an equivalently geared and skilled rogue in heroic firelands. Even Staghelm is borderline, and he is a pushover.

steam_sig.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Being a goose because people were geese towards you just validates their behavior in their mind and creates a negative feedback loop. If you don't want pugs being dicks then don't be a dick to them even if they're acting like one. Just leave the group or vote to kick, but don't drop to their level because then they've won.

• troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    so what should I be doing to prepare for patch?

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Make sure your fashionable transmogrification outfit is freshly-laundered and doesn't smell of old ethereal blood or something.

Also have enough gold on hand to buy Void Storage and whatever other costs are associated with the process, though I don't think it's very much. Maybe max out Justice Points (minus remaining unspent Valor) with a few more heroics if there's anything you want that's getting downshifted from the VP vendor to the JP one.

SabreMau on
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

Spending all your excess jp/vp/honor/conquest so it doesn't go over the cap when the conversion happens.

camo_sig2.png
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Opty wrote:
    Being a goose because people were geese towards you just validates their behavior in their mind and creates a negative feedback loop. If you don't want pugs being dicks then don't be a dick to them even if they're acting like one. Just leave the group or vote to kick, but don't drop to their level because then they've won.

How very... liberal.

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote:
    Opty wrote:

How very... liberal adult.

FTFY

I wish I had a transmog set :( My guy's current look is about as good as he'll ever get, though I suppose I'll be transmogging my shoulders to the Cataclysm set, and going back to SSC for the cataclysm gloves, too...

I'm more excited to gather a Lightbringer set for my Paladin than to transmog anything on my main :lol:

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If the Valor bracers sell for more than 500 gold on your server and you're going to have more than 4k JP after the conversion and you have enough VP to buy bracers, I'd suggest you do so.

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Does JP stay JP or turn into something? What about honor?

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    jp and hp stays the same.

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Can't decide between a druid or a warrior to play when im not leveling my rogue

I do like being able to heal but druids are kinda weird and I've never actually played a warrior hmmmmmmmmmm

icGJy2C.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    JP and honor don't go over the cap (4000), but any excess you do wind up with gets converted into a piddly amount of gold, so there's that.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Given the coming patch, I think we should all observe a moment of silence for the death of Jubal77's ability to act like a complete douchebag.

But don't worry, there's still partial douchebaggery.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    More information on Symbiosis:
    2011-11-28-236.jpg
    Alt text: When a druid casts symbiosis on another druid, they are granted Symbiosis. (The other druid, obviously, gets seal form)

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Browsing through my sword collection to see what goes good with T2:

PJayo.jpg

Really wishing I'd have gotten a Maladath in there.

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    sunreaver because i spent so long getting mine and i love it

edit: first one fits best though

815165 on
    edited November 2011
    First one is Blade of Necromancy from one of the Dungeon 2 quest minibosses. Listed as no longer in game, and none of the same-model swords have the same appearance, only the same shape. Also, it doesn't glow normally; that glow is from a Fiery enchant I threw on it years ago for no real reason.

And I picked up Sun Eater a few days ago on this character's very first visit to Mechanar.

SabreMau on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    being the huntard that I am I have about 20 melee weapons to choose from

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Zython wrote:
    2011-11-28-236.jpg
    Alt text: When a druid casts symbiosis on another druid, they are granted Symbiosis. (The other druid, obviously, gets seal form)

okay I laughed unreasonably hard at this

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    you need to use the chainsword from wrath so you can be all out SPACE MARINE

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Zython wrote:
    2011-11-28-236.jpg

Oh Dailyblink. Oh you. Never change.

EDIT: Also I've been working on fine-tuning my planned Transmog set for my DK. I'll try and get a pic later but for now here's a wowhead profile linkmabobber.

The helm doesn't display well on the 3D model for whatever reason. But it's a blue recolor of the Warrior T6 helm. Also my DK is a Worgen, and Worgen don't display well in wowhead's 3D model viewer. Some weird problem where there's an extra pair of arms growing out of the legs. Which has basically been a glitch forever but has never been fixed.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Looking through the bosses of Dragon Soul it seems like only Deathwing's final form is the new model.

• thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    I'm going with T6 on my druid, though I can't decide on which weapon. Probably Twin's Pact just because it was the best ever, but also sometimes Pillar of Ferocity when I feel like a pretty princess or Origin of Nightmares when I want to match. I also have my heroic T11 gear for once I get bored and it's actually old enough to feel nostalgia for.

I am super excited to never have to run around in rogue helms or shoulders with my tier set ever again though. Or to not have a skirt. I dislike my femtaur in pants.

edited November 2011
    Well, oops. Just used up an irreplaceable 6-year-old item thinking it was multiple-use. It wasn't. The Divination Scryer from the original level 60 paladin mount quest was given to you at the start of the quest, and afterwards you used to be able to go back to Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker (or whatever shaman trainer it was on Horde-side) to pick up a replacement if you wanted to summon again. He doesn't offer it anymore.
    MSGqu.jpg

These ghosts still pop up. They remain level 60 even when the instance as a whole was brought down in level.

Jrz2C.jpg

The final wave can be stunned by the current version of Judgement, which they all think of as Judgement of Light. The way the encounter was originally designed, each wave of ghosts would be susceptible to a different Judgement, which would cause AoE damage and stun. Never played through the shaman-side version of the quest, which didn't give out a mount, but an epic helm.

VWnFq.jpg

Haven't seen this guy in years. But his attacks are boring, just shadow bolt and melee.

3Fcmw.jpg

If only he could have dropped something I could use.

NqhH3.jpg

Hi, horse.

However, what I originally went there for was to check my Brazier of Invocation, which I knew for sure was multiple-use. Tossed it down in Ras Frostwhisper's room, and there was Kormok.

WTaH7.jpg

He's still level 60, though his loot is downgraded to requiring level 40. So the Blade of Necromancy isn't technically "no longer available within the game". The limiting factors on farming him (aside from having to havee the Brazier sitting in a bank for 6 years) is that the Brazier goes on a 10-minute cooldown, and you have to go out and reset the instance for it to work in the same room after a boss has been summoned.

The other summonable bosses are still there with the exception of the two in Balnazzar's room in Stratholme. Tried to use the Brazier there, nothing happened. They retuned both Stratholme and Scholomance for lower levels, but left one summonable Vanilla boss in and removed the others?

SabreMau on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    In terms of Transmogging weapons... So I'm blood mainspec, DW Frost offspec. Neat thing about my offspec is that currently I'm mainhanding an axe and offhanding a sword, so more options there.

1h Axe, I'm thinking of Falric's Wrist Chopper or Rising Tide.
    1h Sword I haven't gotten a definitive pick for yet (still hoping Maladath will someday drop) but the one I have for now is Lydia's Sharpened Swordbreaker. The firey glow on there is natural, no enchants or anything, so that's neat.
    1h Maces I haven't really found any good ones to use.

For 2h Axes I have Soul Cleaver or Ramaladni's Blade of Culling to choose from.
    2h Swords... nothing yet. :[
    2h Maces I've got Oxheart and Akirus the Worm Breaker. Despite the fact that Akirus is from this expansion (and also that I'm currently using it) I still really like the way it looks.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Somehow I'm glad to know I won't have the chance to log in for a good few days. At least not for a decent play session. I suspect a fuck of the cluster variety tomorrow.

As for transmog, collecting the Exalted green set from AQ raids is the biggest pain in the ass I have ever set out on, but it'll be so worth it.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    edited November 2011
    you need to use the chainsword from wrath so you can be all out SPACE MARINE

There are three of those chainswords. Problem is, the one you can get from Argent Tournament Champion's Seals and the one from the Vashj'ir quest are both Main Hand and can't be used to transmogrify a One-Hand weapon. The third chainsword is out of heroic Trial of the Champion and is One-Hand, but the instance is unsoloable due to jousting mechanics.

SabreMau on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote:

Spending all your excess jp/vp/honor/conquest so it doesn't go over the cap when the conversion happens.

For Honor/Conquest it is possible to go over the cap. The gold conversion is next week. This week you can have more than 4k Honor.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    To duo Blackwing Lair, does it matter much what your class composition is? Or do you need to get to three and above before it's zergable? If it's doable with two I'd find someone and run through there before patch to see if anything interesting drops, but the more people beyond that, the more competition for rolls.

The first boss, Raz, can be a bit tricky with only 2, in that there now seems to be a cooldown on the ability to MC him that didn't used to be there in Vanilla. It only takes 3-4 MC's to get the cooldown high enough that you need to swap people controlling him.

3 people just makes the whole thing alot easier.

PSN Fleety2009
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Patch trailer is up.

It's all just in-game footage though so who gives a shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yz4ebjZCPg

liEt3nH.png
    edited November 2011
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    SabreMau wrote:
    To duo Blackwing Lair, does it matter much what your class composition is? Or do you need to get to three and above before it's zergable? If it's doable with two I'd find someone and run through there before patch to see if anything interesting drops, but the more people beyond that, the more competition for rolls.

The first boss, Raz, can be a bit tricky with only 2, in that there now seems to be a cooldown on the ability to MC him that didn't used to be there in Vanilla. It only takes 3-4 MC's to get the cooldown high enough that you need to swap people controlling him.

I think I read up on that, and something about if you cancel the MC early instead of letting it expire, you can reapply it right away instead of having to wait. Or are you talking about a cooldown period that also takes that into account?

SabreMau on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    In pugging I do try to be polite even with the silly geese I keep running into. I know I have been a jerk at times and been asked to do some real nasty things to others
    way back in TBC I was told to take the sunblade de it and give the shard to the tank

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    SabreMau wrote:

I think I read up on that, and something about if you cancel the MC early instead of letting it expire, you can reapply it right away instead of having to wait. Or are you talking about a cooldown period that also takes that into account?

Once you start using the controller to MC Raz, you'll get a debuff, which won't allow you to use the controller again for X seconds. Each time you use the controller, X increases, and I think by the time you have used it 3-4 times, that debuff is so high in that even with a full duration of controlling, you'll still have a 10-15 sec wait (i.e. you need someone to swap with).

Duo'ing Raz is a bit of an arse, and is probably a it more dependent on what classes you've got, because you need someone able to look after the boss, and stop anybody attacking the controller (i.e. you need someone who can sit in the middle and just taunt everything that spawns).

You might also have problems with one of the drakes if there's only 2 of you. I can't remember which drake it is, but there's one that puts a debuff on the tank (in Vanilla this called for a swap) so that every time the boss hits the tank, he heals.

Note, I'm sure BWL can be done with 2 people, it just becomes alot easier / quicker with 3 .

PSN Fleety2009
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    While waiting for Wrath to arrive in the mail (got it on sale via Amazon, you see...) I amused myself by going the Rep grind for the Winterspring Saber Trainers and the Kurenai. The Winterspring quests do take a total of 20 days, yeah. It's just one Daily quest per day which takes 5 minutes or so. But at level 70 the Kurenai rep grind was immensely boring. Thank goodness for the 7th anniversary & the Pilgrim's Bounty buffs or i would have never finished that. I'm gonna wait to do rep grinds when I am max level from now on. But I do love my awesome blue-stripped kitty.

Also, I have only had one really bad experience while pugging via the random dungeon finder. Other times I've even run multiple dungeons with the same group. That's a lot of fun, especially when you manage to do three BC heroics in a row with only two player deaths (and no wipes. But no items for my rogue, alas.)

However, that said I will probably not run raids with random groups simply because I've never done a proper raid before and probably need some guidance. And if there is one thing most WoW players (on non-RP servers) seem to hate, it's newbies.

• HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    SabreMau wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:
    SabreMau wrote:

Once you start using the controller to MC Raz, you'll get a debuff, which won't allow you to use the controller again for X seconds. Each time you use the controller, X increases, and I think by the time you have used it 3-4 times, that debuff is so high in that even with a full duration of controlling, you'll still have a 10-15 sec wait (i.e. you need someone to swap with).

Duo'ing Raz is a bit of an arse, and is probably a it more dependent on what classes you've got, because you need someone able to look after the boss, and stop anybody attacking the controller (i.e. you need someone who can sit in the middle and just taunt everything that spawns).

You might also have problems with one of the drakes if there's only 2 of you. I can't remember which drake it is, but there's one that puts a debuff on the tank (in Vanilla this called for a swap) so that every time the boss hits the tank, he heals.

Note, I'm sure BWL can be done with 2 people, it just becomes alot easier / quicker with 3 .

I've done BWL duo a couple times recently and i solo'd the mind control part... as far as i remember the debuff doesn't increase unless you get hit, same as any channelled spell...

Aslong as you have someone keep all the mobs off the controller you can solo the control part easily... infact with some trickery you can even solo raz completely.

With good enough gear classes with 'tank' pets are the easiest to solo it with.

1Gn4PNI.png
    How much time do you get to DPS Vael before Burning Adrenaline has killed everyone?

• HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    How much time do you get to DPS Vael before Burning Adrenaline has killed everyone?

I actually had to go look this up since i played a rogue back then so never had to worry about it...

Wowwiki says every 15seconds then you loose %5 health every second after that but with high enough gear/damage two people will be fine... my 83 hunter and a 82? i think warrior were able to do with after a couple attempts so two 85's in decent gear should tear threw it.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    So last night I discovered that as a solo prot paladin with a lesser invis pot, it takes me around 20 minutes to get to and kill Slabhide (the dragon) in normal Stonecore, with most of it is spent on Milhouse waves in front.

At least I have something to do now when I'm really bored.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Time to start the "when will servers be up and playable" pool, the powerball for which is "when will they first crash after that."

Go!