As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield 3: Karkand is out and awesome. Join us in Mumble- Details in OP

• Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    So has anyone else tried pistol/knife only servers? They're strangely less stressful.
    Weapon balance seems better too, full auto g18 dominates at very close range, revolvers at short range, and pistols at med range.

• Options
    Penguin-FactoryPenguin-Factory Registered User regular
    Just bought this today, haven't played it yet.

The first thing I saw when I opened the box was an invitation to join something called EA gun club to unlock the handgun everyone used to headshot me with in BF:BC 2. I think I have about six different accounts set up with EA now, most of which I've only ever logged onto once.

• Options
    SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    They can just use the IRNV from beta or, for that matter, the one from tanks which is at least less obvious than shades of dark green and bright yellow.

• Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    I got a few pistols kills last night. They are very satisfying, especially when you win an encounter against an SMG.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    Slimcea wrote:
    Wait.. engineers can repair the helis while under fire? That plain sucks, given that all the anti-air weapons (Stingers, RPGs) already suck like hell against anything flying.

I simply can't see the rationale for it... but I guess that it belongs in the same region of logic as silenced MGs (another WTF) and MAV roadkills...

Given that scout and transport helicopters are the only ones that can do it it's not that bad. You can murder scout helis just by shooting into the cockpit

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I got a few pistols kills last night. They are very satisfying, especially when you win an encounter against an SMG.

Blowing somebody's head off with a 1911 is awesome.

the .44 is even more tits

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Mulletude wrote:

Didn't play at all last night but hopefully you guys are up for games today.

Can't play till Friday night due to business trip and what not. Keep my AEK/A-91 nice and warm while I am gone.

AhiMahi on
  • Options
    UriainUriain Frantically reloading Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Soo looking forward to 'Back to Karkand' Map-pack...

Split Infinity Radio - Get loud, Get Mental
    Saturdays 5pm EST - HEADSHOT - Getting your First, Third, and everything inbetween shooter news, reviews and gameplay tips
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    The latest trailer featured a lot of engineers. Seems the maps are very demolition heavy.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    edited November 2011

Blowing somebody's head off with a 1911 is awesome.

the .44 is even more tits

Getting a pistol headshot on your killer after.you get rezzed is supertits.

Wicked Uncle Ernie on
  • Options
    Penguin-FactoryPenguin-Factory Registered User regular
    So I got home and installed the game and it turns out the Origin network is down!

Well done EA. Back to Skyrim I go.

• Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    What I'm looking forward to most in the new maps is the enhanced destruction. I was really expecting a lot more in BF3; at times it seems less than BC2. The new maps make it look like pretty much everything can come down, which I think is sweet.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Daemonion wrote:
    What I'm looking forward to most in the new maps is the enhanced destruction. I was really expecting a lot more in BF3; at times it seems less than BC2. The new maps make it look like pretty much everything can come down, which I think is sweet.

I think I would be way more pleased with the destruction if I could blow up those fucking towers that I always end up ramming my fucking jet/helicopter into. Oh my god I hate them.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    There are special places in hell where those fucking speaker towers go.

Easily 70% of my fucking deaths are from those blasted towers.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Happens alot on the consoles too.
    Flying around, clear gorgeous sky...nice & low (Below Radar upgrade),sudden surge of electric poles, towers & trees rendering all of a sudden...then boom.

AF-IX on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Jesus christ the stinger is flippin useless now, what were they thinking?!

It wasn't very good before, you need a dedicated team to bring down an aircraft with any pilot who has a pulse

override367 on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Jesus christ the stinger is flippin useless now, what were they thinking?!

It wasn't very good before, you need a dedicated team to bring down an aircraft with any pilot who has a pulse

I think that's the problem....many (if not most) of the pilots out there DON'T have pulses :P

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Balancing weapons around the skill level of terrible people is a bad idea. Let me turn the tracking off with the fire selector on the stinger (proximity detonator, 2 shot kill) then and make it act like the desert combat stinger, see how the derpejets like it then

There needs to be a downside to stealth or flares need a bigger cooldown or something... maybe longer range on the stinger/flares dont break lock/no audio tone for missile launch only for missile lock

override367 on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Double post.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    One or two engineers shouldn't be able to kill a jet or helicopter anyways.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Why?

override367 on
  • Options

Why?

You'd never be able to use a fucking vehicle.

Aughta take about 3, which it now does.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

Why?

You'd never be able to use a fucking vehicle.

Aughta take about 3, which it now does.

It should take 3 people to fly a jet or helicopter, not counting gunners.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Can't tell if trolling or just wrong.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    They could have at least upped the 50 cal damage rather than making it completely worthless. Hell even against infantry it takes 4 hits with the 50 cal to kill someone.

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    wakkawa wrote:
    They could have at least upped the 50 cal damage rather than making it completely worthless. Hell even against infantry it takes 4 hits with the 50 cal to kill someone.

Seriously. I've hit infantry with 2 shots of the tank HMG (that has a abysmal fire rate of something like 120 shots per minute) and had them live to run off. It should be a one shot kill for a chest or head hit. Handguns have better TTK ffs.

• Options
    Canister Shells, brah.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I wouldnt mind INFV being restricted to a certain class of weapons. Right now, a lot of times im the only person in my group running it, and ill lead the way and spot (both in game and voice comm) targets for the rest of my team. Works great, makes me feel badass. Itd be cool if thats how it was actually meant to be ran.

Still I think INFV will be rendered rather useless over time as folks collect the spec ops camo.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    When I have the IRNV equipped, I don't find it particular hard to spot people with spec ops camo. They still glow, just in a black light/skeleton costume sort of way.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    When I have the IRNV equipped, I don't find it particular hard to spot people with spec ops camo. They still glow, just in a black light/skeleton costume sort of way.

Yeah, the real benefit of spec ops camo is when you're hiding behind something but unknowingly leave part of your shoulder or arm sticking out.

QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    So I've encountered this strange thing with the IRNV. When I'm zoomed in and move, after I finish moving I slide in whatever direction I was moving just a little bit. Its extremely fucking annoying. Does this happen to anyone else?

• Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    So, Demize says Frag Rounds are getting a nerf on all semi-auto shotguns.

6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I haven't been killed with the USAS ONCE. Not once. Maybe patriotism's the issue for you guys, Euros don't seem to use it.

Also, i'm pretty good at flying the chopper but I cannot survive for more than ten seconds if there's anyone actively trying to take me down. I was just on a server with one really good jet pilot, a couple of good chopper pilots and someone in a moble AA the whole time and I could only ever get off one burst before it was time to bail out.

I've tried flying low and high and dodging around a lot but any chopper, jet or AA can take me down too damn quickly. Is there a trick to using Flares? I usually press it as soon as it says lock on the screen and I can hear it deploy, but it doesn't seem to do much.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Can't be patriotism, the USAS 12 was made in South Korea. That's not best Korea.

• Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I haven't been killed with the USAS ONCE. Not once. Maybe patriotism's the issue for you guys, Euros don't seem to use it.

Also, i'm pretty good at flying the chopper but I cannot survive for more than ten seconds if there's anyone actively trying to take me down. I was just on a server with one really good jet pilot, a couple of good chopper pilots and someone in a moble AA the whole time and I could only ever get off one burst before it was time to bail out.

I've tried flying low and high and dodging around a lot but any chopper, jet or AA can take me down too damn quickly. Is there a trick to using Flares? I usually press it as soon as it says lock on the screen and I can hear it deploy, but it doesn't seem to do much.
    Use flares once you hear the missile warning. That's the high pitched, fast beeping after the lock tone goes solid. Flares distract missiles.

6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Interesting thing about the AA missiles. The missile will go after a different target if they happen to fly into their path.

Had this happen twice and it was pretty cool because they both got me kills.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Light the Taranis signal if you guys decide to play tonight.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Sometimes I like not firing the stinger, just let it lock on and watch the pilot panic

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    Stingers work best when helping your team's jet fight another jet, since the best way to avoid a stinger is fly straight as fast as you can out of range, which is also the best way to get yourself killed by another jet.

Or if your team's jet has heat seekers, it can make the enemy jet pop their flares for your jet.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Technicus RexTechnicus Rex All your base.Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote:
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Joril wrote:
    And I do mean: run. I'll be damned the moment I sit in one spot sniping a whole match.

Welcome to the 1% club sir. It's rather exclusive since 99% of Recons are fucking terrible at the class.

I'm terrible at recon, but at least I'm not terrible by sniping. I use the MAV, TUGS, and spot the shit out of things, and get as many kills as I can using an ACOG battle-rifle style.

I have IRNV unlocked for only one gun the DAO12 and do my best at recon just sitting back from the action spotting. Im usually too far back from the action to be effective snooting with that gun so I just hang back and only rush out to place a strategic spawn becon and tugs. K/D is usually shit but spot and spawn ribbons out the waazoo.

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazi's. You can't trust people. - Super Hans.