As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield 3: Karkand is out and awesome. Join us in Mumble- Details in OP

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    AhiMahi wrote:
    Mulletude wrote:

Didn't play at all last night but hopefully you guys are up for games today.

Can't play till Friday night due to business trip and what not. Keep my AEK/A-91 nice and warm while I am gone.

You'll be missed. Seems like we have a good solid group of about ten people and can get 3-4 of those people playing at the same time even on slow nights.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote:
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Joril wrote:
    And I do mean: run. I'll be damned the moment I sit in one spot sniping a whole match.

Welcome to the 1% club sir. It's rather exclusive since 99% of Recons are fucking terrible at the class.

I'm terrible at recon, but at least I'm not terrible by sniping. I use the MAV, TUGS, and spot the shit out of things, and get as many kills as I can using an ACOG battle-rifle style.

I have IRNV unlocked for only one gun the DAO12 and do my best at recon just sitting back from the action spotting. Im usually too far back from the action to be effective snooting with that gun so I just hang back and only rush out to place a strategic spawn becon and tugs. K/D is usually shit but spot and spawn ribbons out the waazoo.

slap some frag rounds on it, with the IRNV you can see exactly where they land and can snipe at significant ranges with it.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Balancing weapons around the skill level of terrible people is a bad idea. Let me turn the tracking off with the fire selector on the stinger (proximity detonator, 2 shot kill) then and make it act like the desert combat stinger, see how the derpejets like it then

There needs to be a downside to stealth or flares need a bigger cooldown or something... maybe longer range on the stinger/flares dont break lock/no audio tone for missile launch only for missile lock

I really like this idea. The railgun of doom from DC was great. But getting it balanced so it wasn't used in an anti-infantry role (like I did in DC derp derp) would be tricky.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Disrupter wrote:
    I wouldnt mind INFV being restricted to a certain class of weapons. Right now, a lot of times im the only person in my group running it, and ill lead the way and spot (both in game and voice comm) targets for the rest of my team. Works great, makes me feel badass. Itd be cool if thats how it was actually meant to be ran.
    I wouldn't mind the INRV if it didn't let you fire while looking through it. Like binoculars or something

rRootagea on
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Maybe they could give the IRNV a recharging meter to represent its battery life. When the battery dies you're without an optic until it fully recharges.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    Maybe they could put a disco ball on top of it,

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    rRootagea wrote:
    Maybe they could put a disco ball on top of it,

Only if they implement a dance button.
    Dancing-Fry-futurama-9351930-356-27.gif

That_Guy on
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    I like the IR in RainbowSix Vegas; it could only detect things up to a certain (relatively close) distance. Made it great for clearing rooms and stuff, but wasn't good in large, expansive areas.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    They could just make the Night Vision part of the IRNV extremely less useful in the daylight.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Daemonion wrote:
    I like the IR in RainbowSix Vegas; it could only detect things up to a certain (relatively close) distance. Made it great for clearing rooms and stuff, but wasn't good in large, expansive areas.

I'd be totally fine with it if they nerfed the view distance on it. On the more open maps I don't need it and went 21-10 on 64 player Canals the other day with SCAR/red dot and didn't feel like I was at any disadvantage. It's the high detail/shrubbery maps like Caspian I have a hard time picking out people from the terrain on.

• Options
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    I was just on a server that had atleast 5 people on the tower in caspian. Like, the very top of the tower.

He was pissed when I headshotte him

• Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Also that server we were just in I have no idea how but their chopper was killing me with 1 rocket.

from 100% health to exploded.

wakkawa on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    What is the difficulty curve like for new players? I'll likely be getting a new internet connection soon where I can actually play games online, and this'll be the first thing I grab.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/upcoming-battlefield-3-details-hinted-by-dice/
    For instance, the tactical flashlights did not get fixed as previously promised, and neither did the change/nerf to the IRNV infrared sight. But fear not, those changes will be made in the upcoming patch DICE is currently working on.
    Here’s a list of confirmed items/changes that will be addressed in an upcoming Battlefield 3 patch, as posted on Battlelog:
    In-game VOIP addition
    Tactical light nerf
    Chat window changes (size, positioning)
    New squad changes (ability to make squads)
    These are just some of the issues that are being worked on, and, according to DICE, they are well aware of the huge demand for Battlerecorder in Battlefield 3.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In DICE I trust.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote:
    For instance, the tactical flashlights did not get fixed as previously promised, and neither did the change/nerf to the IRNV infrared sight. But fear not, those changes will be made in the upcoming patch DICE is currently working on.
    Here’s a list of confirmed items/changes that will be addressed in an upcoming Battlefield 3 patch, as posted on Battlelog:
    In-game VOIP addition
    Tactical light nerf
    These are just some of the issues that are being worked on, and, according to DICE, they are well aware of the huge demand for Battlerecorder in Battlefield 3.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In DICE I trust.

You missed something.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Update wishlist:

A multiplayer party lobby where I can actually see everyone.

Team Balance between matches would be nice, with an emergency re-balance mid-match if the teams go completely out of proportion. When the entire enemy team deserts in a ragequit chain reaction, it's kind of boring to just sit around watching their ticket counter slowly diminish as the remaining two OpFor decide it's not worth respawning.

Either let me mow down all those stupid trees with the AA gun, the ones the dipshit contractors who built our base left standing right in my line of fire, or give me a hatchet I can equip to go get my lumberjack on.

Give the choppers a little less armor. Say, less than one of Colonel Alois Hammer's hovertanks or the battleship Missouri. These things get shot down by small arms fire when they hang around too long at low altitude in real life, and they dropped like flies the last time they were used in large numbers against a guerrilla force with second-generation portable SAMs. It's kind of ridiculous that even the scouts in BF3 can eat an HE round from a Rheinmetall-designed 120mm L44 M256 smoothbore fucking CANNON in their plastic windscreen and keep the pilot intact enough to make a controlled ditch.

Alternatively, can we get some portable AA love in Conquest?

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote:
    What is the difficulty curve like for new players?

Not too bad for infantry, but for aircraft it's a goddamned cliff considering AA options are out in force now.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote:
    -Loki- wrote:

Not too bad for infantry, but for aircraft it's a goddamned cliff considering AA options are out in force now.

I've never been one for flying in these games either. I stick to what I'm good at, shooting people with a gun.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    TOGSolid wrote:
    In-game VOIP addition
    Tactical light nerf
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In DICE I trust.

You missed something.

Oh man a full theatre mode like Black Ops would be sweet. I have done so much awesome shit in this game but I can't show it to my friends because you had to be there...

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote:
    Mechanical wrote:
    -Loki- wrote:

I've never been one for flying in these games either. I stick to what I'm good at, shooting people with a gun.

This is for the best. You can still put in some work with the helicopters, especially since you can get some unlocks by gunning, but jets? Fuhgeddaboutit.

You know what they really need to fucking fix? The fact that the only time I can edit my kits, from what I can tell, is when it's time to spawn. So basically, any time spent editing my kit is time spent not helping my team. Can't do it between rounds, can't do it during killcam. Fucking taardvarks.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote:
    Mechanical wrote:
    -Loki- wrote:

It's pretty stupid to make the aircraft controls a big learning curve to begin with, then not having any kind of tutorial map to practice on is just plain moronic. They should have practice maps for every vehicle type so you can test out various setups vs bots.

• Options
    Oh, and that was some ridiculous pubstomping. It felt dirty being a part of it, and I'm not even that good.

Also, if you ever see me drunkenly stumbling over to the LAV again, be a bro and take the fucking keys away.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Well that was some serious pub stomping. Like, I think some people are going to uninstall the game after they played through some of those games.

Not really too thrilled by that, but on the positive side, it wasn't against PAers.

lol McD, you were a bit tipsy driving around in that LAV. It's like we gravitated towards every nearby obstacle ;-)

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Pubstomps are boring as shit. That game on Semen Crossing where we barely won was awesome.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    I hope they fix the server connection issues in the upcoming patch.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    CarbonFire wrote:
    Well that was some serious pub stomping. Like, I think some people are going to uninstall the game after they played through some of those games.

Not really too thrilled by that, but on the positive side, it wasn't against PAers.

lol McD, you were a bit tipsy driving around in that LAV. It's like we gravitated towards every nearby obstacle ;-)

A couple keyboards got broken tonight, to be sure.

The eight-point turn I did in the LAV was fucktastic. I was like a kid trying to drive dad's Buick for the first time.

• Options
    mcdermott wrote:
    Oh, and that was some ridiculous pubstomping. It felt dirty being a part of it, and I'm not even that good.

Also, if you ever see me drunkenly stumbling over to the LAV again, be a bro and take the fucking keys away.

We fucking defiled that server. Imagine a 16 year old girl who gets her hands on a fake ID and gets into a club. We were like that sleaze ball who slips roofies into her drink had has his way with her on a piss soaked floor of the men's bathroom, leaving here there half naked for the various club patrons to have their way with her as well. They are going to have to perform a rape kit on that server tomorrow after it wakes up.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote:
    CarbonFire wrote:

A couple keyboards got broken tonight, to be sure.

The eight-point turn I did in the LAV was fucktastic. I was like a kid trying to drive dad's Buick for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLKR9tCiwvA

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote:
    mcdermott wrote:

We fucking defiled that server. Imagine a 16 year old girl who gets her hands on a fake ID and gets into a club. We were like that sleaze ball who slips roofies into her drink had has his way with her on a piss soaked floor of the men's bathroom, leaving here there half naked for the various club patrons to have their way with her as well. They are going to have to perform a rape kit on that server tomorrow after it wakes up.

Yeah those are always good nights.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Looks like I missed the pubstomp. With my final breath, I curse thee finals!
    also, Tunguskas.

Why don't they just make IRNV binoculars that you have to switch away from your gun to? That would make it real recon-y, plus it'd basically force people to spot moar.

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote:
    mcdermott wrote:

I... uh...woh.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    So are they ever going to let us skip the kill cam, or are we just going to have to put up with it forever? Because let me tell you, I fucking hate the kill cam. I want whoever put it in this game to fucking die of cancer.

• Options
    SkexisSkexis Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I haven't been killed with the USAS ONCE. Not once. Maybe patriotism's the issue for you guys, Euros don't seem to use it.

Also, i'm pretty good at flying the chopper but I cannot survive for more than ten seconds if there's anyone actively trying to take me down. I was just on a server with one really good jet pilot, a couple of good chopper pilots and someone in a moble AA the whole time and I could only ever get off one burst before it was time to bail out.

I've tried flying low and high and dodging around a lot but any chopper, jet or AA can take me down too damn quickly. Is there a trick to using Flares? I usually press it as soon as it says lock on the screen and I can hear it deploy, but it doesn't seem to do much.

It can really be a pain to fly on large conquest maps because the difficulty ramps up with the AA vehicles. You might try regular sized conquest maps if you're looking to just test your skills against other pilots. But it's also not fun if one team has air dominance and you're the only one trying to challenge them in the air. I played a round of firestorm last night with two planes and an enemy chopper coming after me...essentially you're just boned until you can convince someone else to help you out. You can still get kills, but you really have to use the terrain to ambush enemies and shake off locks and spots. In Firestorm, for example, a good place would be the big refinery tanks out in the middle of the field. Depending on the skill of the pilot you can also sometimes trick them into following you and then pull a quick brake and turn to put you behind them.

Also, I find that if you're getting locked, and your flares aren't ready yet, it can be to your advantage to just fly as low as possible to get the missle to hit terrain behind you. I've lost a lot of stingers that way when I was still waiting for my flares. Course, if it's actually the enemy chopper/gunner on your 6 o'clock high, then flying low won't really do much for you.
    emp123 wrote:
    TOGSolid wrote:
    In-game VOIP addition
    Tactical light nerf
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In DICE I trust.

You missed something.

I'm all for making DA CHOPPAH squad. And then having VOIP to scream Arnoldisms over.

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Just played some pubbie metro rush. My team wouldn't let the attackers get out of their spawn, it was boring for us and excruciating for the other team. Why the fuck won't people learn that the best thing to do for both sides is to just count the first section of metro as a gimme?

• Options
    Well, shit, I got Skyrim.

See you guys in a week.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    Well, shit, I got Skyrim.

See you guys in a week.

I got sucked into Skyrim and Saints Row and haven't been able to break the hold. I did play one BF3 match on the weekend and if anything it just made me go wow again on the graphics.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Been working so much, no time for the BF3s. A tragedy if ever there was, to be sure.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    mcdermott wrote:
    You know what they really need to fucking fix? The fact that the only time I can edit my kits, from what I can tell, is when it's time to spawn. So basically, any time spent editing my kit is time spent not helping my team. Can't do it between rounds, can't do it during killcam. Fucking taardvarks.

Yes. God yes. I want this so much. The fact that DICE doesn't seem to see this as an issue makes me fucking angry to no end.