As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old wow chat thread. go find the new one.

• Options
    thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Javen wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Does anyone who played on the PTR know how accommodating the new raid is to a melee-heavy comp? Say 4 melee 2 ranged? 10 man of course.

Firelands was a little more melee forgiving than T11, but still most the fights would have been a total bitch to do with only 2 ranged.

Also, anyone know how the 8 encounters split in terms of 1 tank vs. 2 tank fights?

None of the fights I saw were terribly crushing as melee, though I haven't done either of the Deathwing fights. Worst I've seen yet is actually Morchok, with his orbs and blood that forces melee out of attack range. I think the number of ranged to have for 25 man is seven to handle orbs, so 10 man is 2 or 3, and healers can be part of the orb group easy enough

From what I can recall of the two Deathwing encounters, the only thing you have to worry about on Spine is that is all the melee go to zerg a tentacle and aren't paying attention to where they are standing, you can roll him. On Madness, the big tentacle does a narrow cone effect at a random player, so if the melee are all standing on eachother, they will all take the damage, which is otherwise avoidable. There are also adds that spawn that will eventually have to be single targeted, and depending on where they spawn and your ranged's ability to kill them, the melee may have to leave their happy safe place under the shell in the AOE healing, but that's less of a big deal.

Also, Ultraxion, last I knew, did not have a buttface as he should, so although he will not parry you, abilities with positional requirements like Shred don't work on him.

thenshewaslike on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    Melia's Magnificent Scepter. Found it on the AH for relatively cheap.

You can also get a One-Hand version of this same model from the Amphitheater of Anguish in Zul'Drak, if you were lucky enough to have skipped that quest! I just went and got one for my dwarf enhancement shaman to dual wield, and they are so fantastically over-sized.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    There are four different variations, depending on what color you want to match, whether or not you've already done certain quests, and whether or not you're limited to One Hand versions only.

wxVC3.jpg

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    So yeah, LFR is REALLY easy. I did the first 4 bosses with it, and did not require more than 2 attempts on any of them.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    That is a very handy infographic! Did you put that together yourself or is there a website with such useful things for other options?

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Our raid did 3/8 and only took 2 tries. This is on reg difficulty. Theyre pretty easy. Then we did 4/8 in lfr with a diff set of of people. If all 25 in lfr are guildies, you can keep it on ml. I got 2/5 of t13 tonight.

Tons of fun

• Options
    Just put it together in Photoshop.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Pet Peeve: Vendors/Mailboxes still open/close my bags when I don't want them too.

When this first showed up like a year ago I assumed it was a bug, but I guess it's a feature. I quit playing shortly after that and was surprised it was still around (with no option to disable it) when I came back recently, and was kind of hoping this patch would fix it.

Anyone know if there is any mod that will stop them from opening and closing my bags?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Night one. 4 Bosses down in Normal. Could have been 5 with an extra 15 -30 min. This one is way to easy.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah, we've killed the first three with a total of like, four wipes. And whatshername in the occulus doesn't look very hard.

I wonder if the heroics are going to be like, radically different, or if this tier is just gonna be super easy

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    That first boss is pants on head retarded for a raid boss.

• Options
    ParagonParagon Registered User regular
    Sounds promising. Maybe even my guild of derpers can do stuff now! (no)

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah, boss fights are waaaaaay undertuned so far. Starting on Ultraxion now

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Now I feel terrible. We spent the better part of 2 hours wiping on that Faceless one in the green dragon shrine.

I am disappoint.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    We got 4 bosses first down tonight as well.

Two biggest problems we had:

*The trash before Ultraxion was unexpected and caused a hilarious amount of trouble because we didn't realize we had to kill the dragons way over there, which ended up leaving us very little room to move on the platform.

*Bar mods and the new button for Dragon Soul.

• Options
    Nobody wrote:
    We got 4 bosses first down tonight as well.

Two biggest problems we had:

*The trash before Ultraxion was unexpected and caused a hilarious amount of trouble because we didn't realize we had to kill the dragons way over there, which ended up leaving us very little room to move on the platform.

*Bar mods and the new button for Dragon Soul.

Yeah we had that as well. Had a macro to use but I dont use bar mods so I had that big ass button in the middle of my screen.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Apparently, the special DK character screen is gone now? It looks like I have the generic hill on my DK :\

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    Apparently, the special DK character screen is gone now? It looks like I have the generic hill on my DK :\

Worst. Patch. Ever.

• Options
    Ultraxion seems like a pretty high DPS check, but still got him down on the third attempt

• Options
    Javen wrote:
    Ultraxion seems like a pretty high DPS check, but still got him down on the third attempt

3 heal it?

• Options
    Yeah, the 3 crystal buffs kind of point to that in 10 man, and the damage REALLY ramps up towards the end.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    we killed morchok with nine people on our first attempt ever. I think your raid would literally have to be playing while masturbating with their mouse hands to not be able to kill him. Zan'ozz took a couple while we learned to maneuver the orb, and yohz'whatever took a couple more to learn some of the ooze combos

then we wiped a few times on the fourth boss because ice walls are hard, but she's dead now

four progression bosses in three hours = lulz

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Ran all the heroics on my death knight. Got a few pieces of loot which is good. Now I just need to get that sexy axe from Baine.
    Wish I didn't vendor all the DK starting zone gear. Got nothing to wear. :(

Rizzi on
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    The new 5-mans are really cool, but man am I running into the worst LFD pugs today. I mean, day one of the patch and people are ragequitting after one wipe and railing on people for trying to learn the fights. Nothing new, I guess.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    Was definitely not expecting to eat that 10k for the dagger quest. Fucking ethereal crooks

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am somewhat disapointed in the void storage stripping the enchants and gems off items and not taking unique items that is just lazy programing

• Options
    StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    We'll see how it is on heroic. Aren't the first 4 supposed to be easy, then Ultraxion is a big test?

• Options
    Strika wrote:
    We'll see how it is on heroic. Aren't the first 4 supposed to be easy, then Ultraxion is a big test?

Ultraxion's difficulty really depends on cold hard output. The difficulty finally ramped up for us on Blackhorn. Kept having a healer die early :(

• Options
    thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    Seven out of eight with people being stupid about the UI boss on Ultraxion, then the cinematic leading into Spine crashing one of our healers every single time. You can't turn off cinematics, apparently.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Dunno I would like the new raid instance to last out of the first week. We will get Ultra tomorrow easy. For some reason we tried half of our 6 attempts with 2 healers. Being heroic geared means it will die fast tomorrow. That doesnt leave much for the first week and a day and .... well lets say a half. And we only raid 3 hours a night.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote:
    Ran all the heroics on my death knight. Got a few pieces of loot which is good. Now I just need to get that sexy axe from Baine.
    Wish I didn't vendor all the DK starting zone gear. Got nothing to wear. :(

There's a vendor in the DK place that sells it now.

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    We don't raid until maybe tomorrow if we have numbers, so I did RF tonight.

I got raid leader, and as MT decided to wing it.

I got an almost completely new (like me) group. I ran trash while reading the dungeon journal on the way to each boss, and one shot the first, one shot the orb-boss, 3 shot the slime boss (healers had problems with AoE because he had 4 paladins and 2 priests), and 2 tries on the 4th boss (wipe was on ice walls moving faster than everyone expected).

Really, raid finder is a joke. If I can lead it with no prior knowledge and reading the journal alone and get those results, RF will be even more of a joke in a week or two.

• Options
    As long as it drops comfy epics that are easy to wear, I'm fine with that.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think RF is supposed to be a joke. It's basically tourism mode.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    SabreMau wrote:
    How did you deal with the continuous trample stun when all three of them were standing on you? The mount only has 50k health which goes down super-quick when all three minibosses are on you, and you can't get enough range to knock their 90% damage shields off without them having enough range to hit you with charge/shieldbreaker which kills whatever shield you had up.

You pretty much do Charge->Charge->jump on a new mount. Half the time you get knocked off and have to use cooldowns to live and get to the new mount, and it probably takes... 10 minutes? maybe 15.

Also, here's my transmog set, complete with the sword I got tonight (not pictured, Blazing Drake):

F5XhH.jpg

Also note special DK screen - these are cached like anything else so they'll often have the generic one after patches, etc.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Apparently you can't transmog 60 PVP gear if you didn't earn it back pre-BC, which is uh...something.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote:
    I am somewhat disapointed in the void storage stripping the enchants and gems off items and not taking unique items that is just lazy programing

There is a difference between "lazy programming" and actual physical technical limitations. That's not how it actually works.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    cncaudata wrote:
    You pretty much do Charge->Charge->jump on a new mount. Half the time you get knocked off and have to use cooldowns to live and get to the new mount, and it probably takes... 10 minutes? maybe 15.

Doing 15 minutes of that and you don't run out of spare mounts? Do they respawn mid-fight or something?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote:
    Brainleech wrote:

There is a difference between "lazy programming" and actual physical technical limitations. That's not how it actually works.

It's just the bank with a extra charge it's the fact it strips the gems and enchants is why I they half assed it and call it a day

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote:
    Was definitely not expecting to eat that 10k for the dagger quest. Fucking ethereal crooks

ouch. Part of the quest line is straight up "give us 10k"? Reminds me of the old Scholo key quest or tier .5. Is the quest line doable in LFR? How does it start?