As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in MMO Extravaganza
With a rebel yell, they cried, "more, more, more [content]"

belligerent on

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Considering faction changing my DK over to Alliance and then doing a server change.
    Tell me what server I should go to.

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Also,

We went with a full 25 man group into lfr just to see things. We had also just done normal 25 up to Stormbinder. It was hilarious. the hardest part was to get everyone to queue. after that, it all worked out fine.

We 'lusted at about 25% on the first boss. We had 8 minutes left on the satiated buff when we downed the Yon'zon or w/e.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Oh hey, you can transmog heirloom gear. Sweet. My warrior doesn't need to look like a stupid C-3P0 wannabe anymore.

• Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    Our 10 man did Dragon Soul last night. Anyone else find it ridiculously easy?

We started 30 minutes late with a replacement who didn't watch the fights. We then proceeded to one-shot Morchok, two-shot Yor'sohj, and killed Zon'ozz in 8 tries with one DPS dead the entire fight (had to brez the tank at the beginning). We had a dps leave at this point and decided to play with Hagara a bit. We got Hagara to 40% with a 9 man group and 3 attempts.

I managed to get Fear/Vengeance today during my lunch break, and I have to say: Ravenholdt was easy to stealth through, but Gilnaes was a PAIN. And fighting Creed was pretty difficult too.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Continued from last thread:
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Warlock82 wrote:
    Also yes, Raid Finder sets can be combined with normal and heroic set pieces and you get the set bonuses. This was always the plan. It's actually very worthwhile to run LFR even on your main since I believe most of the gear, even if it's crappier than normal, is about equivalent to heroic Firelands. So not bad at all.
    It's 7 ilevels below heroic Firelands loot (I think the end boss drops might be the same ilevel), so they're definitely downgrades, but the set bonuses might make it a tough decision.

Eh, either way, a lot of it may be upgrades depending on how far your guild was actually progressed into heroics in Firelands (+ how lucky you were with drops/rolls). I know I don't have a ton of heroic stuff since I always had bad drops on the handful of bosses we downed in heroic (everything but Beth, Baelroc and Rag, though we only got domo just before everyone decided to be gone for Thanksgiving so I never even got to kill him on heroic :()
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that there wouldn't still be upgrades in LFR for someone in heroic Firelands gear, just that the slots where you already have a 391 from heroic FL are most likely not going to be upgraded in RF Dragon Soul.

For example, I have the heroic T12 shoulders, gloves, and legs for my DPS set (could have had chest too, but I passed it to a mage in the hopes that heroic Majorhomo Faghelm would stop being a cocksucker and drop his chest), which is actually somewhat of a miracle since our raids became 60-70% Vanq classes. If I actually got the RF T13 in any of those slots, I'm not even sure if I'd bother with it to try to match T13 set bonuses since a.) I'd lose stats and b.) I'm not big on gemming/enchanting/reforging for sidegrades.

forty on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    For those of you who seem to have steamrolled through the first few bosses in DS Normal, how doable would you anticipate it being for folks in a mix of 359/365/378s?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote:
    For those of you who seem to have steamrolled through the first few bosses in DS Normal, how doable would you anticipate it being for folks in a mix of 359/365/378s?

You'll probably start hitting a good bit of resistance around boss number four, with hitting a brick wall against Ultraxion in an absolute best case scenario. Right now he's a really tight gear/heal/dps check

• Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote:

Quite possible. We were notably (but not crazy) more geared than that, and the only problems we had were stupid people with stupid mistakes and overestimation. For Morchok, be ready for a healing ramp at like 20%. Go easy on Zon'ozz's pingpong. We did 7 bounces because our healers weren't really focusing and our tank wasn't using cooldowns. On Yorsohj, make sure people are inside her hitbox for crimson and hope for good ooze combinations.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Has anyone that uses askmrrobot been running into problems with it since that patch? Not the slow loading, but miscalculations. I've been fighting with it since last night, and its just blatantly getting my hit rating wrong; telling me that its been reduced when its made no changes that would reduce it.

Oh well, back to Rawr.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Kinda disappointed I didn't get any VP from the three new dungeons. :/

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    'preciate it. We'll give it a shot tonight and see how it goes. I'd actually love for us to down new content quickly, hopefully to prevent or at least delay the SWTOR exodus.

Halfmex on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:

the new dungeons give vp. I'm sure of it. did something happen? did you not queue for a random?

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:

You need to run the new dungeons as randoms to get the VP.

Though something of note, if you're randoming for hour of twilight dungeons without having done any of them before, I'm fairly certain that they'll go in order anyway, since you have to complete the previous instance to access the others

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Javen wrote:
    Though something of note, if you're randoming for hour of twilight dungeons without having done any of them before, I'm fairly certain that they'll go in order anyway, since you have to complete the previous instance to access the others

Presumably but it's possible you could get one of the one/two you already completed. However, I specifically recall random troll heroics would alternate, so it's possible Blizzard has compensated for this.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    The troll dungeons also don't lead into one another with quests. The dragon soul 5 mans are essentially one big quest chain. I can't speak to future runs, but we had several people random and they all reported getting them in order.

• Jay BizzleJay Bizzle Registered User regular
    Loving 4.3 so far. One tour in LFR was fun, and a couple tours through the new Heroics was great.

Xbox Live: Prawesome Dad
    Battle.net: CinnamonJ#1629
    Know what sucks?
    When you faction change the wrong character.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I randomed the new 5mans and when we went with the same group to dungeon #2 and #3 we didn't get anymore VP for those. They probably count as non-random when you use the portals inside the dungeons.

Dragon Soul (or at least the LFR part) and the new 5mans seem nice, only two possible problems: The dungeons have lot's of talking NPCs, that will probably get on my nerves after the fifth run through. And all of it is just too easy. I never had anyone who knew anything and I think we downed every boss on the second try in LFR and didn't wipe once in the 5mans. That is with full randoms.

LFR only took long because we replaced 1-5 guys every 2 minutes. Turnover was huge with people disconnecting, leaving, going AFK randomly, getting kicked for queuing as a tank with DPS gear etc.

Grobian wrote:
    I randomed the new 5mans and when we went with the same group to dungeon #2 and #3 we didn't get anymore VP for those. They probably count as non-random when you use the portals inside the dungeons.

Dragon Soul (or at least the LFR part) and the new 5mans seem nice, only two possible problems: The dungeons have lot's of talking NPCs, that will probably get on my nerves after the fifth run through. And all of it is just too easy. I never had anyone who knew anything and I think we downed every boss on the second try in LFR and didn't wipe once in the 5mans. That is with full randoms.

LFR only took long because we replaced 1-5 guys every 2 minutes. Turnover was huge with people disconnecting, leaving, going AFK randomly, getting kicked for queuing as a tank with DPS gear etc.

There isn't that much talking and a lot of it is skipable (ex: you can skip most of the sequence in Dragon Soul and just port strait to Eye of Eternity). I mean, it's not like Trial of the Champion where they would spend 3 minutes introducing everyone :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    Now that the patch is out I'm going to roll a new Rogue to level via BG's. Is Sub or Ass the better spec for that these days?

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    At least nowadays waiting around in Trade for people to announce LFM for old raids is taking off a bit more. Just ran a full Blackwing Lair for the first time since 2005. Neither of the weapons I wanted dropped, and three pieces of Judgement dropped despite my already having the full set, but I did finally win Herald of Woe, which I could never get in my old guild because "paladins are for heals".

Now to lurk in Stormwind until a BT or Hyjal run starts up.

SabreMau on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Dragonsoul seems incredibly undertuned.

We one shot Morchok bullshitting in vent the whole time.

2 shot vezax 2.0

1 shot slime boss with 2 people disconnected including the second tank.

2 shot Windcaller.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Can only have 50k gold when transferring. Time to turn some of this gold in to gems.

• thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    At least nowadays waiting around in Trade for people to announce LFM for old raids is taking off a bit more. Just ran a full Blackwing Lair for the first time since 2005. Neither of the weapons I wanted dropped, and three pieces of Judgement dropped despite my already having the full set, but I did finally win Herald of Woe, which I could never get in my old guild because "paladins are for heals".

Now to lurk in Stormwind until a BT or Hyjal run starts up.

Why wait? When I go, it usually develops with various hangers on and people bringing their often not 85 alts, but you probably don't need more than 3 or 4 people to do any of the BC content. We definitely did T5 with 4, and the fourth guy just hid out of LoS on Kael so he couldn't get MC'd and would break us if we did.

• TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    With all normals down within a few hours yesterday, unless Heroics are leaps and bounds harder I feel like this tier is gonna be a laugh.

• TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    815165 wrote:
    Now that the patch is out I'm going to roll a new Rogue to level via BG's. Is Sub or Ass the better spec for that these days?

For leveling via PvP, sub hands down. But once you get to the 70s/80s any spec can work, it'll come down to prefered playstyle.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Topia wrote:
    With all normals down within a few hours yesterday, unless Heroics are leaps and bounds harder I feel like this tier is gonna be a laugh.

With the last Activision-Blizzard conference call indicating WoW is down ~10% total subscribers over the last few months, this shouldn't shock anyone. Blizzard is tuning purely for their majority player base now, which is not people looking for serious challenge. Look at how quickly they retuned Firelands after it's release. Their stance is pretty firmly "If you want a challenge, run heroics".

e: What I find most interesting is the 180 degree heel spin Blizzard has done on this expansion. I remember reading where the Paragon leader said that the first tier of content in Cata was probably the most challenging they had ever done. Now look at Firelands and Dragon Soul.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    A huge number of those losses come out of China though.

And I'm not against the "heroics are for serious raiders" stance, its not a bad one. But regular is just too damn easy.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

And I'm not against the "heroics are for serious raiders" stance, its not a bad one. But regular is just too damn easy.

To be fair, Ulduar normal was pretty damn easy and it's considered one of the best raids ever.

Warlock82 wrote:

To be fair, Ulduar normal was pretty damn easy and it's considered one of the best raids ever.

Ulduar being awesome had little to do with it's difficulty. It was the (at the time) unique fight mechanics and epicness of the place. And it wasn't that easy. It had it's easy fights, but people weren't one and two shotting the first four bosses the day it was released (well, I am sure the competitive PvE guilds were, but I am talking just regular every day raiding guilds, like what is happening with DS).

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    If the heroic modes are hard then I'll be prepared to forgive the normal modes for being way too easy.

I don't think that's really going to be how it works, though.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    And lets face it, who do you want to please the most: the 10% that hardcore raids or the 90% thats casual, yet pays the exact same amount of money?

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote:

1) Well yeah you have to actually queue for random to get the VP.

2) Get used to it. I tried twice today. Both I got into a raid midway. With only being able to get loot off of a boss once a week people will most likely only try getting the bosses that they currently have unlooted.

GnomeTank wrote:
    Warlock82 wrote:

Ulduar being awesome had little to do with it's difficulty. It was the (at the time) unique fight mechanics and epicness of the place. And it wasn't that easy. It had it's easy fights, but people weren't one and two shotting the first four bosses the day it was released (well, I am sure the competitive PvE guilds were, but I am talking just regular every day raiding guilds, like what is happening with DS).

I'm just saying, mind-crushingly hard is not required for something to be considered awesome/fun.

Honestly, I'm fine w/ normals being a little on the easy side. I think Firelands was absolutely overtuned for a handful of fights. Blizzard went overboard with the nerfs, but *some* nerfs were definitely needed. I do think heroics will be challenging enough for people though. I mean, I'm just guessing but we'll see soon enough I'm sure.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Kipling217 wrote:
    And lets face it, who do you want to please the most: the 10% that hardcore raids or the 90% thats casual, yet pays the exact same amount of money?

There is a line here though... a line between way to fucking easy and thus making those 10% who will be doing 90% of the raiding week in and week out reach end content much faster and therefore burn out on the content much faster and conforming to mindless rtards who may have 90% of the population but only raid a few times to "experience the content." Because honestly if they wanted to be raiders they would already be a part of that 10%.

Jubal77 on
    Kipling217 wrote:

Define "hardcore raider"? And you're using Internet Facts with those numbers, no one knows what the real numbers are.

Most people don't consider normal modes the province of "hardcore raiders". This isn't Vanilla or TBC.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The normal modes of the previous two tiers were definitely tuned for the more hardcore players, as were all of the launch Heroics and whatnot. It's confusing that they offer LFR but at the same time made normal mode into something puggable instead of tuning it the same way they did raids for the rest of the expansion.

Opty wrote:
    The normal modes of the previous two tiers were definitely tuned for the more hardcore players, as were all of the launch Heroics and whatnot. It's confusing that they offer LFR but at the same time made normal mode into something puggable instead of tuning it the same way they did raids for the rest of the expansion.

Firelands started that way, but was given the BWD/BoT treatment mid-patch. It was a clear demarcation line in Blizzard's raid philosophy.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    The thing is, the challenge of raiding isn't really executing the fights (especially not with multimedia guides and how much other information is available.) The challenge is everything else that goes on; understanding your class, having consistent attendance, people not being dumbfucks about wiping 10 times, etc. If you have that, the rest is easy. If you don't, nothing is easy.

The thing is, it's also the part that's actually rewarding. The fun of getting gear upgrades or seeing the content all flows from the social experience. That's what keeps people interested in the game. If the idea instead is that we're just going to kind of anonymously handhold people through the content (i.e. raidfinder), what's motivating people to stay around once they've seen deathwing upside down once or twice?

I don't think it's a coincidence that their much-discussed loss of subscribers coincides almost exactly with the decision to make the game more and more impersonal. There's a lot of games with more interesting or more visually appealing gameplay than WoW. If you remove the social requirement, what's left?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
This discussion has been closed.