As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Iron Brigade] - Fire Sale on Tube TVs

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Loot was randomized, I thought?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    The only problems I had with the game was that the bosses weren't as fun as the rest of the game, and that I wanted more.

• Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Loot was randomized, I thought?

I think he means randomly generated guns, instead of the same few over and over. The loot system was great up until level 7 or 8, and then you were just getting more and more of the same guns you already had 20 of.

bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    Fuck this game for taking so long.

I'm buying it the second it hits.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Nice. Looking forward to the update. Will probably get the DLC too, I really enjoyed this one.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I did not finish this game because I knew we'd finally have a reason to come back.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    If it gets released on Steam, I'll buy it again.

• Options
    So uh, looks like this is finally live in Europe!

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like the rename is live in the US too. I'm downloading it now. Looks like it has to redownload the whole thing. :(

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The game that inspired Brutal Legend's multiplayer (Herzog Zwei) has one more fan: The team who made Fat Princess brings us AirMech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20s_weU5Q1Y

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote:
    The game that inspired Brutal Legend's multiplayer (Herzog Zwei) has one more fan: The team who made Fat Princess brings us AirMech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20s_weU5Q1Y

That definitely looks a lot like Herzog Zwei!

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Looks like robotech! I'll take 10!

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Well, Trenched is finally updating to Iron Brigade.

I would love to play it but attempting to start it causes it to say it can't find a patch to download and then quit to dash

awesome

edit: turns out you have to actually go in to the hdd and delete the trenched download for the iron brigade one to load properly. Not sure why it just doesnt do that automatically

ronzo on
  • Options
    ronzo wrote:
    Well, Trenched is finally updating to Iron Brigade.

I would love to play it but attempting to start it causes it to say it can't find a patch to download and then quit to dash

awesome

edit: turns out you have to actually go in to the hdd and delete the trenched download for the iron brigade one to load properly. Not sure why it just doesnt do that automatically

Yeah, I had to do this too.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Survival is fun. Definitely built around a group of people doing it though. Four spawn points and two snipers on each side can be difficult to keep up with after level 10.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I finally played the updated game. Survival mode is good times. You play it by going to Col. Woodruff and it has it's own campaign section.

I played with one other person and made it up to level 19, which had zillions of Breakers and Blitzers together, surrounded by Jacobs D;

Trenched/Brutal Legend's lead designer Brad Muir, asks that fans don't find the Portugese guy and kill him. And that there will be just one or two games coming up rather than four all at once. He hints that a PC Iron Brigade will not happen until MS says so.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-09-double-fine-aiming-for-a-less-prolific-2012

Cantido on
  • Options
    So, after spending the last two days playing this; I love it!

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    So, after spending the last two days playing this; I love it!

Yay!

After waiting for it for so long, it would be a tragedy if you hated it. :)

• Options
    So everyone knows that the Rise of the Martian Bear DLC comes out on Wednesday for 400 points, right?

• Options
    Yup.

I love this game so much, literally cannot wait.

Need to get a bunch of work done so I have some free time for it.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    The new Survival mode and RotMB is exactly what I need to get back into this awesome little game.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    The DLC is pretty tough by yourself. Someone help me out sometime!

• Options
    DLC is hard man!

Some of the best DLC added to any game on my 360 though, so much awesome new stuff.

Feels like a whole new game!

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I wonder if this is ever coming to pc/steam?
    at this point, I know that if I ever buy it, it'll either be dotw or announced as a port with the dlc free within days

• Options
    I wonder if this is ever coming to pc/steam?
    at this point, I know that if I ever buy it, it'll either be dotw or announced as a port with the dlc free within days

Brad Muir basically said "Ask Microsoft." :(

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Apparently a pc version showed up on the esrb. Also giantbomb did a thursday night throw down with the dlc, and while they didn't actually confirm it, they made it sound like it's highly likely.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Here's a hint if you're having a hard time with the DLC: use Hyper Snipers. With just me and brother playing through it tonight, he used that and I would use something silly like a Hamer with the slowing artillery and a few turret and it was pretty easy. I think the hyper might actually be too powerful. It's certainly the best thing you can have if you have two slots open, even on something like the honeychurch (although this may change in higher levels)

Also, the artillery cannon that acts as a mini-ICP where it lands is awesome, as is the 3-slot machine gun.

• Options
    Yeah Hyper is awesome, I use that with mine-pushing Honeychurch usually.

Although some of the new weapons top it IMO, the shotguns especially have been beefed up substantially.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    So does anyone still play this? I just got an xbox and I'm debating whether I should get it now, or wait for the pc version which I'm pretty sure exists. Or maybe I'll just get both.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I keep crossing my fingers for a PC version. I wasn't enthralled with the 360 demo, but I could definitely see myself getting into it on the PC. I hope Doublefine's PC releases have done well enough for them to spring this on us one day on Steam.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    DeMoN wrote:
    So does anyone still play this? I just got an xbox and I'm debating whether I should get it now, or wait for the pc version which I'm pretty sure exists. Or maybe I'll just get both.

I caved and bought the DLC over the weekend and played the DLC missions with a full party, so there is still playing going on. I would buy a PC version, and if Zen Pinball moves to Steam too, I will no longer need an xbox 360 :P

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I still play vanilla Trenched, yeah. It's really addictive. I really love all the design work in this.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    I've waited long enough. Time for some two-handed salutes.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Will be playing in a bit, like every night :P

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    I might be on this evening, I just have a wicked cold, so I wont be talking too much. I roll an Engineering trench and am stuck on the third Mars mission.

• Options
    I don't have Live Gold yet, but apparently it will come free with the Mass Effect demo on tuesday, so I'll definitely be on sometime this week.

I will add you guys in preparation. My live name is Toxic Cizzle.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    I'm on now if anyone would like to see a tiny Engineer destroy everything. But as I said, I'm ill, so I won't be talking too much.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Engineers are cunning little Trenches, to be sure. But you gotta be real smart about where you place those turrets.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Amazing matches, Fraggle. I got caught up to level 13 because of that Survivial, and now I can actually use the things the DLC is giving me.

Now I need NyQuil.

Cantido on