As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    8/8 dragonstalker+rhok'delar

I am so happy right now

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    It will be interesting to watch the top 5%'s progression. The only guild to kill HRag on my server has already killed Deathwing last night. I feel that this content will wear out fast.

Jubal77 on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am surprised that they've done away with gating this expansion.

Even the hardcore guilds complained about the lack of gating when Cata first came out. Bleeding edge guilds had no walls to hit except for the final bosses, so it was just a marathon of raiding.

YL9WnCY.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Even the hardcore guilds complained about the lack of gating when Cata first came out. Bleeding edge guilds had no walls to hit except for the final bosses, so it was just a marathon of raiding.

So they complained that blizzard didn't compensate for their lack of self control?

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    maybe one day people will realize raiding 20+ hours a week is not a good thing

Jars on
  • TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote:
    2) Get used to it. I tried twice today. Both I got into a raid midway. With only being able to get loot off of a boss once a week people will most likely only try getting the bosses that they currently have unlooted.

Actually, you can only get loot off a boss the first time you kill it. First kill and don't get what you want? Better luck next week.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    You should get a fucking suspension for griefing for rolling need on something then leaving the party before rolls are done just to be a shitfucker.

Fuck wow players. Holy shit.

Good thing that item you won can't be used by anyone now asshole!

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    I'm fairly certain if he wins the roll he gets the item even if he leaves the party before the roll happens. If he doesn't then the system broke on patch because it worked for me before.

I'm 100% certain that's never been the case, ever.

The items just rot.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I DC'd once after rolling for something (it wasn't a need roll, though, just disenchant) and then a while later got a shard in the mail, so, shrug. Maybe someone opened a ticket on my behalf or something

DC'ing is different. You will sometimes get a mail for the item "from the void" in that case. Straight up leaving doesn't result in the same thing.

edited December 2011
    Topia wrote:
    Jubal77 wrote:
    2) Get used to it. I tried twice today. Both I got into a raid midway. With only being able to get loot off of a boss once a week people will most likely only try getting the bosses that they currently have unkilled.

Actually, you can only get loot off a boss the first time you kill it. First kill and don't get what you want? Better luck next week.

Yar that is what I meant. I revise my wording.

Jubal77 on
    edited December 2011
    Jars wrote:
    maybe one day people will realize raiding 20+ hours a week is not a good thing

The main reason im displeased is that it shortens the lifespan of the patch tremendously. My guild is a heroic killing guild but not end boss heroic killing. I foresee us being 4 pieced out, barring wierd drops, much quicker than the prior patches. That leaves us in heroic modes alot quicker and working our way to burning out on the content quicker. You havent had to raid 20+ hours a week in a long time to see all the content and get deep in heroics... if you are any good.

Jubal77 on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    If Dragon Soul ends up being far too easy to the point my 4 hour a week raid can clear it in one go within a month I plan on trying to get my group to go back and try the older heroic modes and/or try for mount achieves.

Opty on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    If you roll need and then leave you'll get the item in the mail via the 'postmaster' guy (same way it works if it can't give you your goodie bag because your inventory is full.)

It happens fairly frequently in the aftermath of ZA runs, when somebody has left before all the chests are looted and other people roll and leave.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I do like how easy LFR is though. I really do think everyone should get to see some great content, and Dragonsoul is a fantastic raid difficulty aside.

It has a sense of atmosphere, urgency and pacing we haven't had since Ulduar.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I re-subbed to run the new 5-mans, but this will most likely be my last subbed month to WoW for a while...I hate missing new five man content though :P Blizzard is a master of small group content.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote:
    I re-subbed to run the new 5-mans, but this will most likely be my last subbed month to WoW for a while...I hate missing new five man content though :P Blizzard is a master of small group content.

I did the same. So far I've been having a great time running these with my guild. Not such a great time running these in PuGs.

I want to try the LFR tool. I haven't raided at all in Cata so I'd like to see those eventually.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    Javen wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

So they complained that blizzard didn't compensate for their lack of self control?
    I don't think you understand.

You know how we liken the worse parts of raiding to a job? Well, for these guilds that is a literal thing. They get paid to do this. They have corporate sponsorships that provide them with money, equipment and so forth. Trips to Blizzcon to do raid presentations, and so forth. If you aren't making world firsts, then your site isn't getting hits, and your sponsors aren't getting a good return on their investments. So this isn't like the 19-year-old that is playing all day. It's a bit more on the line than that.

YL9WnCY.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote:

I did the same. So far I've been having a great time running these with my guild. Not such a great time running these in PuGs.

I want to try the LFR tool. I haven't raided at all in Cata so I'd like to see those eventually.

Yeah, I'm geared up from raiding the last two tiers...as a tank, I'm hoping to have a bit of luck with the LFG tool and the new dungeons.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Ulxa is pretty easy once you get the tempo down. But it is a gear check fight.

• Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Bah, these forums are weird sometimes.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Holy shit Blackhorn is disappointing.

The ship part of the raid is great looking at least.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    We had more trouble with Blackthorn than we should have... but I did get 2 piece already

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    4 of my raid members and I did LFR

It was... funny.

Honestly LFR is turning into one of my favorite additions. Seeing all the various completely ridiculous personalities that you can get in a random raid like that is just too much fun. For instance, we had a resto druid who was constantly giving instructions and barking orders... who was at 50% of our top healer's healing, and fucked up at least two critical mechanics per fight.

I love it.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    The fanged tentacle dagger is a little... perverse. I guess that is appropriate.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • LOLtacularLOLtacular Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote:
    A huge number of those losses come out of China though.

And I'm not against the "heroics are for serious raiders" stance, its not a bad one. But regular is just too damn easy.

To be fair, Ulduar normal was pretty damn easy and it's considered one of the best raids ever.

Normal mode Ulduar wasn't cleared in two hours and the instance was completely unpuggable outside of Flame Leviathan for the ~1.5 months before they changed XT's Earthquake to do ~80% total HP damage instead of 120%. Gettings pugs to move their sparks and void zones during Earthquakes pre-nerf was unhealable.

fa05acbb52b84269.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I was ready to check out the LFR tool today, but then I noticed I was 1 IL below requirement. :(

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    LFR is so much fun. I might do it more than once even if I have the gear once I gear up my disc priest. Healers are the only archtype to get near instant heroic and raid finder queues. I wish everyone would get near instant queues then I'd play DPS lol.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Ugh, Ultraxion took way too much work for people to get their Heroic Wills right.

Also had people blowing their load right at the beginning and getting gibbed (because it was two rogues, and they were tricksing each other).

Blackhorn was a tad difficult (at least on the trash), but actually kinda fun once we figured it out.

Only got a couple of pulls on Spine of Deathwing, but we had some hilarious disconnecting bugs. Still, its a great way to get the Stood in the Fire Achievement.

Oh yeah, we got the Experiment X-12 or whatever to drop on Ultraxion. I didn't win it :(

MMOC has the Deathwing kill cinematic.

Meh.

YL9WnCY.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Javen wrote:
    Halfmex wrote:
    For those of you who seem to have steamrolled through the first few bosses in DS Normal, how doable would you anticipate it being for folks in a mix of 359/365/378s?

You'll probably start hitting a good bit of resistance around boss number four, with hitting a brick wall against Ultraxion in an absolute best case scenario. Right now he's a really tight gear/heal/dps check
    We got to Ultraxion tonight, and for my raid it's a "half the raid goes to 1fps once ysera's buff kicks in, can you deal with it?" check.

steam_sig.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Meh indeed.
    Also sucks to be Kalecgos. I guess blizz wants dragons out of the storyline going forward. Which is fair enough I guess, but probably could have been accomplished in a more interesting way, this just seems dull and weak. I'm still kind of angry that they wasted the payoff from the infinite dragonflight storyline the way they did this patch though.

-SPI- on
  • StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    Ulduar was not "pretty damn easy" if you were raiding from the beginning. I think everyone lets their memories of the raids being pugged towards the end of their lives.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Oh my, it came out a bit late at night, but it'll be interesting to see the gnashing of teeth tomorrow from some of the lore whiners.

EDIT: this is RE: the Deathwing's death cinematic.

Nobody on
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Solo taming Deth'tilac was not easy. I saw him while doing the dailies and thought "Why not?" I wiped so many times, but in the end I tamed him right as he killed me. Thank god it was in my favor.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Re: Deathwing death epilogue
    They sank that ship, now they're dropping bombs on it.

I think it'll be a girl, and she'll be pretty and have future forbidden romance with Wynn's son.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    Re: Deathwing death epilogue
    They sank that ship, now they're dropping bombs on it.

I think it'll be a girl, and she'll be pretty and have future forbidden romance with Wynn's son.
    or with baine

that's right, i want to see what a half orc half tauren looks like :winky:

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    death of deathwing:
    so wait if nozdormu gives up his power as an aspect how the fuck does he become murozond

liEt3nH.png
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    -SPI- wrote:
    Meh indeed.
    Also sucks to be Kalecgos. I guess blizz wants dragons out of the storyline going forward. Which is fair enough I guess, but probably could have been accomplished in a more interesting way, this just seems dull and weak. I'm still kind of angry that they wasted the payoff from the infinite dragonflight storyline the way they did this patch though.
    Yeah, I have to say, everything about that cinematic, from Alexstraza's shitty delivery, to "OH GUESS WE GON BE MORTALS NOW FOR NO REASON," is really fucking lame.

I'm actually starting to feel like the WoW dev team is phoning this shit in, which I had resisted for a long time :(

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
This discussion has been closed.