As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    death of deathwing:
    so wait if nozdormu gives up his power as an aspect how the fuck does he become murozond

Magic.

So, I don't often get bad pugs, I suppose I'm lucky. But I just did End Time with a shadow priest that managed to do a whopping 3.8k on Murozond. That must take its own special form of talent to do so poorly on such a gimmicky fight.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The ending is basically Warcraft 3's ending.

YL9WnCY.png
  • CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    that ending was very very meh, oh boy dragon aspects are now mortal? so what, we just flush down the infindent dragonflight story. and don't get me started on the VO and delivery, sure it didn't help that i got off of a weekend of playing TOR but god, just playing a weekend at nights reallymade me spoil for good voice acting, sorry to sound snobish

i love wow and will most likely come back to play around with the monk, but after that video i say bring on the charr and alien strippers[/spoilers]

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Those in-battle cutscenes remind me of the PSone Final Fantasy games.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Cyrondin wrote:
    that ending was very very meh, oh boy dragon aspects are now mortal? so what, we just flush down the infindent dragonflight story. and don't get me started on the VO and delivery, sure it didn't help that i got off of a weekend of playing TOR but god, just playing a weekend at nights reallymade me spoil for good voice acting, sorry to sound snobish

i love wow and will most likely come back to play around with the monk, but after that video i say bring on the charr and alien strippers[/spoilers]

I haven't played the game in a long while and I've just watched the video of the ending but...
    ...I can kinda see why the Aspects would drop their immortality what with two of their original group nearly ending the world thanks to having all the time in the world to stew about in their nuttiness and a third potentially on their way there. And while I don't know the current stance on how WoW handles time stuff, there's nothing saying the Infinite DF is just going to poof away. Alternate timelines and such. Heck, isn't that what CoT-ET is all about?

• CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote:
    Cyrondin wrote:

I haven't played the game in a long while and I've just watched the video of the ending but...
    ...I can kinda see why the Aspects would drop their immortality what with two of their original group nearly ending the world thanks to having all the time in the world to stew about in their nuttiness and a third potentially on their way there. And while I don't know the current stance on how WoW handles time stuff, there's nothing saying the Infinite DF is just going to poof away. Alternate timelines and such. Heck, isn't that what CoT-ET is all about?
    I can see that, and the alternate timeline make sence, but i really don't want to get into DC level of goosery, where we have boy thrall or a world where the leagion are the good guys.

• OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    The ending is basically Warcraft 3's ending.
    With a small difference that I actually cared about the characters in Warcraft 3.
    Not to mention the ending of Frozen Throne with it's haunting music is still one of the saddest endings to a video game I have seen.

Yeah, so far this patch seems really half-assed. There is no quest line leading up to the Caverns dungeons, voice acting seems phoned in, the trailer for it seemed slapped together in the last minute and apparently they didn't expect anyone to down Deathwing so fast because they only now patched in the ending cinematic on EU servers. For half a day we had Chromie standing next to the huge scale in Stormwind telling everybody that "That cinematic is not available".

Sorry, I'm a bit bitter at the moment. At least the boss fights are fun so far.

OldSlacker on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So...er...why can druids roll need on str trinkets?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Pretty much none of the in-game cinematics have been good. I wish they'd just make a real CGI cinematic for the end of an expansion. Blizzard (CGI) cinematics are the best and they had a bunch of them for Warcraft

I did like the wrathgate cinematic which is no longer available though, but then I have a fondness for mustache twirling villains

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    We did an LFR this evening with a couple people from our ten man, and jesus. A bunch of us literally just stood in morchok's blood an continued dpsing and we were fine. We didn't even attempt to control the orb on zan'ozz, just let it bounce wherever while we nuked him. Yohz'whatever we actually did kill slimes, but it never felt like the raid was in danger no matter what weird combination we had. On stormbinder, all of the crystals went down before the ice walls even started moving.

are people having fun with this? I got to the end and it was like, what happened?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    So...er...why can druids roll need on str trinkets?

the game doesn't differentiate between different kinds of tanks, apparently. So rather than exclude either druids or plate tanks from rolling on trinkets/jewelry, they just let everybody roll on everything. Tanks can also roll need on agility necks/rings, or so I've read.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote:
    I did like the wrathgate cinematic which is no longer available though, but then I have a fondness for mustache twirling villains
    It's still there. I quested a shammy through it 3 days ago.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fun fact: guy that did Return does the in-engine cinematics.

YL9WnCY.png
  • ParagonParagon Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Return?

Ed: Oh...winner of 2005 Blizzcon contest, huh.

Paragon on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    are people having fun with this? I got to the end and it was like, what happened?

I'm not having fun in a sense of accomplishment, but like someone else said earlier: LFR is tourism mode. I don't raid and don't plan to raid, but LFR gives me the option to see the bosses. I'll probably do each new raid they put in there at least once and maybe when I'm really bored I'll go queue for it for VP and a random chance on loot. It's like VoA or BH: I go, I heal geese zerging a boss and I don't expect loot, but sometimes I get lucky.

• ParagonParagon Registered User regular

Sounds good. If I want challenge, I'll try heroic modes.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote:
    Cyrondin wrote:

Maybe the infinite dragonflight comes about Nozdormu trying to get his powers back for some reason in the future? That could be interesting, which probably means Blizzard won't do it.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    We did an LFR this evening with a couple people from our ten man, and jesus. A bunch of us literally just stood in morchok's blood an continued dpsing and we were fine. We didn't even attempt to control the orb on zan'ozz, just let it bounce wherever while we nuked him. Yohz'whatever we actually did kill slimes, but it never felt like the raid was in danger no matter what weird combination we had. On stormbinder, all of the crystals went down before the ice walls even started moving.

LFR is amazing.

It's like, finally, we get to see what Blizzard really thinks of PUGs.

This is how low their opinion of them is. Just ... awesome.

• tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Jubal77 wrote:
    There is a line here though... a line between way to fucking easy and thus making those 10% who will be doing 90% of the raiding week in and week out reach end content much faster and therefore burn out on the content much faster and conforming to mindless rtards who may have 90% of the population but only raid a few times to "experience the content." Because honestly if they wanted to be raiders they would already be a part of that 10%.

This actually pisses me off. No they wouldn't. I've spent the last six months trying to put together a raiding group and now that they're finally able to down bosses in motherfucking tier 11 I have had to pass off lead to someone else because serious real life problems are preventing me from being there a lot of nights. Raiding is not something that just happens because someone wants to do it. There is a vast horde of people who want to and either aren't good enough, or don't have access to people who are good enough to go with them, or can't gather a dedicated group who will be there every time.

If you're raiding you are lucky. Not to disparage anyone's skill, but you are lucky that all those other people were as skillful as you, and that they all had time to be there, and that they all were willing to be there, and that it was you they picked to come with them rather than one of the other thousand players who is just as good.

I know it's unreasonable but this post makes me almost incoherent with rage.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Zython wrote:
    Owenashi wrote:
    Cyrondin wrote:

Maybe the infinite dragonflight comes about Nozdormu trying to get his powers back for some reason in the future? That could be interesting, which probably means Blizzard won't do it.
    some of the speculation I've seen about it indicates that Nozdormu starts making deals to get power back so he can try to stop his future self, and in the process becomes him.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    If you think of LFR strictly as a very big VoA/BH, I think it's a resounding success. You guys seem to be getting much better pugs than I, though. I've seen quite a few groups stumble badly on slimeguy. I'll be very curious to see how the latter 4 go. I suspect it'll be much more difficult for the pugs that are now downing the first 4 in randoms. I'd still like a 10 man version, though.

Also, dear frost mage and sub rogue doing 5-7k on Sylvanas. It is you. Yes, these new dungeons are "supposed to be ez wtf lol," but by your sheer level of suck, you made them difficult but not in a fun way!

I've got a few days left in my sub, and I'm still reserving judgment until the full DS opens, but I'm kind of scratching my head at the content. Maybe Mists is WAY closer to done than they are letting on, because I cannot see this patch surviving very long.

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Anyone know if the dagger quest is doable in LFR?

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Someone said you can't pickpocket the quest item in LFR.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Not doable in LFR.

Speaking of which, the Gilneas part of that is such crap. There are spots that will randomly de-stealth you for absolutely no reason. Also some mobs can see you way outside that bubble it shows around you, which is screwed up. Creed is also kind of a pain in the ass too.

Either way, got my stage 1 daggers. So yay!

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I loved that part. Yeah, it was hard, but the sleeping guards kind of point out the optimal road, so it's not so bad, and I got to use lots of sap/distract. The creed fight was great too, though at first I thought I had no chance. Solo, 2 million hp mob with no gimmicks or items to help? It was a very close fight

• ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    we managed to kill the next two bosses last night -- so our group finished the first week 4/8 [two night raiding, 6h total]. Last night was such a clusterfuck though, we had about 18 people on at raid time, and pugged 5 people with two guildies showing up later. 4 of our healers called in sick so I got to drop my ret off spec, redo holy, fix my UI/binds and lead the heal team. But, I had to swap to prot for all trash. I think I left righteous fury off on 3 different swaps last night and that never happens. Going back and forth all night was just driving me nuts.

Also, blizzard needs to fucking stop having one tank boss fights. You can't help dungeon queues if we don't need tanks. Freaking 25 man raids and we used two tanks on Morchok [probably not necessary] and nothing else for the first 4. I gotta figure out a decent rotation with me and the other tank or both of us will quit. The bosses are too easy, we were not organized in the least [no cooldown rotations, etc] and still managed to brute force it with pugs.

oh and we were super nice and decided to just do MS > OS rolls for all gear last night since we had a handful of pugs helping out... luckily only one piece went out of guild from the two kills =)

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Javen wrote:
    I loved that part. Yeah, it was hard, but the sleeping guards kind of point out the optimal road, so it's not so bad, and I got to use lots of sap/distract. The creed fight was great too, though at first I thought I had no chance. Solo, 2 million hp mob with no gimmicks or items to help? It was a very close fight

When it was fair, it was fine. Random de-stealths and a detection radius that lies is not really fair. Eventually you figure a way around all that crap but it shouldn't be there to begin with.

Edit: Also hate it when I vanish and that guy still ports me back.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    morchok, Yor'sahj, and arguably ultraxion all require 2 tanks, but you're right. there should be a reason to have 2 tanks for every fight.

I don't know about the deathwing fights.

we single tanked yor'sahj -- it was dicey but doable and of the 6 healers only two were our normal ones

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Wow. There is a lot of neck beard hair to hack through in these last few pages, holy shit.

I had a shit ton of fun last night doing LFR. For some reason my Tank does a fucking retarded amount of damage in LFR. I was doing 30k-40k on Trash, consistently #1 or #2 on Recount (Over a Legendary Staff user in my guild, and over/under one of my best DPSers in my guild). I don't know what it is, but I think there is some weird buff that buffs Tank damage, because I was absolutely destroying people. I was pulling 26k on Morchok. The Legendary staff Mage and the other DPS(DK) I just mentioned live together, and the mage said over vent "I was about to ask Chris who that Warrior is that is kicking our ass when I saw it was you, what the hell are you doing?" It was glorious.

We got up to Ultraxxion last night. Had a couple initial wipes to get people used to when to hit Heroic Will, and on our last attempt I fucked up and hit Heroic Will when I was supposed to stay in and wiped everyone. =*(.

Got my Leg token in the normal 10 man raid, then rolled a 200 for the Chest token in LFR. Booya, 2piece sucka's. My revenge now puts up a 3k+ absorb shield on me now. fuckin awesome.

Only 4 Firelands Clears and one of my best friends gets his Legendary Staff(which will be our second in our 10 man guild). Then I never have to go there again.

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Finally hit 372 and used the RF. Popped in on the last boss of the first part. What a joke. The only thing that was remotely "challenging" was keeping away from the moving ice wall. 10 minutes of work (this included clearing the trash) and I got the offhand dagger and the tier 13 shoulders.

morchok, Yor'sahj, and arguably ultraxion all require 2 tanks, but you're right. there should be a reason to have 2 tanks for every fight.

Blackthorn and the Spine require 2, no getting around that. Don't know about Madness.

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    We're going to probably hit LFR tonight with our 25-man guild to get a feel for the encounters tonight. We ran in on normal last night and two-shot Morchok without reading up on the fights, and then just kind of screwed around on Ping-pong and slime dudes for a bit.

Samphis on
  • thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    The Deathwing fights take two tanks. On Spine, tanking the bloods with the big add will lead to the big add getting stacks way too fast once there are a ton of slimes out. It's probably possible to only use one tank, but your raid would have to be exercising some serious control, since cleaves alone would give you puddles you don't want or could kill your big add too soon.

On Madness, the tanks need to swap after Impale from the big tentacle that spawns on every pillar, and then at the end, there are two adds with a stacking debuff that also need their own tanks. I like that fight a lot because it's excellent for cheating bearcats like me. I did almost 37k DPS on it last night.

They didn't fix the Deathwing bug from the PTR I mentioned earlier, where instead of transitioning into P2, he has a dance party. We would have one shot him last night if not for that. I wish I knew why he did it.

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    So 6/8 require 2 tanks. That's actually not bad.

we had a bug on haggara where no spike things spawned for the first ice phase

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011

The two tank fights so far are just simple swap taunt and grab add n tank. Nothing too terrible. If you have a pali tank your OT is just sitting there taunting off and dissapearing. No need for OT to take an hour with the CD reducing buff. BBlackthorn himself is easier than the gunship part. Both tanking parts are easy. So far on the tanking side this patch is by far the easiest of this xpac. Most likely all around too.

Jubal77 on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Yeah, I didn't tank the front 4 on Tuesday, but I did have to swap in for Ultraxion and Blackhorn (and spine until I had the nasty DC).

Blackhorn we discovered that during the add phase, you really want your tanks to swap which adds they are tanking when the next batch comes in (IE: Tank 1 has the Slayer, Tank 2 should have the Slayer in the second pack, then back to Tank 1). This keeps the dot from stacking crazy high (if you don't have alot of paladins).

Really, the fights are a lot about raid wide execution it seems. Individually your jobs might be easier, but if any one person screws up it can cause problems.

I've heard about guilds that got 50 of those Motes of Darkness between all their players, and they all turned them in and only yielded like 1-5 epic gems for their entire guild.

My Friend turned in his 4 motes last night. 2 Epic Gems. I got a bunch of shitty green gems.

This discussion has been closed.