As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Warriors, Heroically Leaping into your Hearts

123457»

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So I'm giving Fury a go for PvE since I got a second Trollbane.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I'm doing fine dps, on par with what I was doing as Arms, higher in some cases, lower in aoe.

But...I'm constantly rage starved it feels like. I don't know if the abilites just cost more rage or what, but even popping battle shout every cooldown I just feel like there's too much time I stand there waiting for rage, and too much time between when I proc enrage (on top of using berzerker rage)

I'm in all 353/365 gear for the most part, with the exception bracers and shoulders, my hit is 11%, exp is at the cap, etc.

Should I ever stop stacking hit? Is this a rogue situation? EJ says after the 8% cap I should prioritise crit but man, rage. I feel like if I weren't constantly wanting for rage I could be doing crazy dps...and actually iirc shortly after hitting 85 it was for this same reason I switched back to arms (was always arms except for the end of WOTLK); constantly rage starved and feeling like I never stopped missing.

Is this just the nature of the game for fury? I guess I was expecting to have a jump in my DPS over arms that I'm just not seeing.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Arms and Fury are pretty close in DPS. You don't really see Fury pull ahead (a little) until raid gear/raid bosses.

You're not hitting HS/Cleave, are you?

• Options
    Cleave in aoe. I never really have the rage on bosses for hs

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I have been doing Fury much more recently as 3 of the raid bosses are single tank fights and I was getting sat on aly because being a warrior on that fight sucks although I finally got the kill as a tank it still is pretty tight. As for fury dps it revolves around button mashing with a minor looking for proc. My dps gear is a mash of a couple of last tier items and 378 and 391 armor with 391-384 weapons. I do not have 2 piece or 4 piece but those dont change your rotation at all. I am not saying this is a top of the pile dps rotation but I do respectable dps in this with a couple last tier items and no set bonuses.

*At start of fight use HLeap. Always HLeap. Intercept is a small rage use but it is still a rage use.
    *I always battle shout when its up and my rage is less than 75.
    *Order of operations are Colossal Smash, Raging Blow, Bloodthirst (your most used ability), Slam(when procd), HS when rage allows (only over 65)
    *At the end of the fight I Execute only up to 3-4 stacks of the talent on a colossal smash use. Any more will rage starve you. During Execute phase you want to not overly use Execute and still run through your normal rotation.
    *For my trinkets I have Apparatus and the one off of rag so I dont have a STR increasing trinket to use but I would use it at the start of a major run through. That would be a run through with all attacks off of Cd.
    *Enrage on use abilities I pair off with my Long CDs initially. Your big bread and butter is Deathwish and Reckless which I tend to use on the long boss fights first and when it comes off of CD. The other pair for me would be Rage and my Apparatus which I use off of CD as well. I only pair them up when they are both off CD so you will not always have the opportunity to use them both at the same time.
    *Remember you need to cycle your enrage on use abilites to maximize Enrage uptime.
    *I tend to use my abilites as the come off of CD from here on out. Saving abilities for Bloodlust will just lower your overall dps. If you go into a BL phase with nothing up remember you still have Inner Rage Heroic Strike or Execute with colossal smash etc.

Like I said not the best but it seems to be a mash of the rotations that I have seen on the net. In order to improve your dps as Fury it helps tremendously to have your Rage bar where you can see it easily. It also helps to have some sort of buff mod that allows you to track Enrage time left where you can see it easily. Sitting there without an enrage up is something that should never happen.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote:
    and I was getting sat on aly because being a warrior on that fight sucks
    Wha?

• Options
    forty wrote:
    Jubal77 wrote:
    and I was getting sat on aly because being a warrior on that fight sucks
    Wha?

The healers constantly stated that I was "harder to heal". Than the bear or Pali tanks. Even though I took less or same dmg overall. That and I usually tend to get worms far as hell apart that messes with my dps compared to Pali or Druid tanks. I got my kill tanking but it is pretty tight. I was told not to stance dance anymore because I got crit on by a hatchling once. So it hurts my dps not being able to sexecute.

• Options
    Definitely not a warrior problem. More of a "your guild has some stupid people in it" problem.

Shield Block is basically the best cooldown there is for dealing with hatchlings, and being able to heroic leap to a distant worm the moment a bird enrages is ridiculously effective.

• Options
    Well it sort of is a warrior issue. I cant remember the details but because we have crit blocks a warrior gets less overall mit from blocks than a Pali. Causing spike dmg. I read it on theory crafting sites awhile ago. I hit SB on CD and usually have to blow LS, SW and ER to make it past the first ground phase.

I was also told not to leap anymore as well as I got out of range once of a healer. My guild is fluxing right now so that is part of the problem. We have the same tank crew but a relatively new healing crew as one of the old crew went dps and one doesn't play often. Our dps crew is also down too two of the old crew that was 7/13 last tier. We were only 2/7 prior to the nerf so yeah.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Paladins are the only ones with (slightly) less spike damage than warriors. Bears and DKs both have it worse than warriors there.

Again from that post it seems the problem is your guild. It's certainly not warriors who are still awesome tanks for most encounters. Tanks should be taking hatchlings to the same worms each time, so a healer should be able to anticipate where he'll be heading for the next one.

Edit: Also, you really don't need to use Shield Block on cooldown. The hatchlings don't do that much damage when they're not enraged.

forty on
  • Options
    forty wrote:
    Paladins are the only ones with (slightly) less spike damage than warriors. Bears and DKs both have it worse than warriors there.

Again from that post it seems the problem is your guild. It's certainly not warriors who are still awesome tanks for most encounters.

Oh I agree I love tanking on my Warrior. And sorry I didn't mean overall block I meant consistent blocking. I do agree that some of the goosery is part of dps standing in fire and out of position healers etc. it is a newer crew they should get better.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Trying Fury for PVP. It's not really that bad, although its pure damage and no control. Think Rogue with more burst and no tricks.

I think it takes way to much hit to be viable anywhere, but its worth it. Fury is also king of aoe damage, with 4 second whirlwind that increases in damage every time you use it.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So with the new changes this patch, is Arms going to be better then Fury for PvE?

• Options
    I havent tested it out yet. Still messing with transmog and the other goodies.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    It's probably going to be close enough that the difference will come down to fight mechanics. i.e., if burst AoE is required, Arms will be superior. Of course Fury will still be slightly easier to play than Arms, but if you can deal with that, you should probably be able to play whichever spec you enjoy more.

forty on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did Arms actually get buffed then for pve?

I'm pretty much giving up on Fury. I just don't enjoy it. Arms is just so much more fun to play. If I know that they should be basically on par then I won't even think twice.

As awesome as it looks to hold two 2handers, eh.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options

I'm pretty much giving up on Fury. I just don't enjoy it. Arms is just so much more fun to play. If I know that they should be basically on par then I won't even think twice.

Arms didn't get buffed explicitly, but the 10% AP buff was changed to 20% for melee, so all melee classes were buffed in that way, except Fury got a 5% nerf, so it more or less didn't move. Obviously talking a raid situation here where you can be "assured" to have the AP buff.

• Options
    Well I switched back to arms anyway and am doing way better again. Fury might be more base dps or whatever but I just perform so much better as arms. And even in aoe situations I do significantly more dps now that I have mostly 378's.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

No wonder you hated fury. Titan's Grip is boring as fuck to play. SMF is quite a bit more interesting, with more buttan pushing and less rage stagnation.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    I'm not sure how it could be significantly more interesting when the main difference is 2handers vs 1handers. I'm sure you attack faster, maybe less rage starved, but you still have the same few attacks and cooldowns.

Once I got better gear rage wasn't an issue anymore. I just didn't enjoy it honestly. I like how much more "technical" arms feels. I feel more engaged in what I'm doing and more in charge of performance.

I wouldn't knock anyone for liking Fury. I just think it's not for me.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    It's actually quite a bit different. obviously within the constraints that your same basic set of abilities is the same. How, when and why you use them differs greatly though. It's cool if Fury just isn't your thing, but I know I hated TG, but actually quite enjoy SMF.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    If you like the look of TG but would rather SMF, there are definitely some huge one-handers that pretty much look like you're going TG when dual wielding them. If you have swords, there's a WotLK crafted blacksmithing rare sword that is fucking huge. I think it's the Savage Cobalt Slicer. Get one of those made and you can transmog your 1h swords (also useful for rogues and DW frost DKs!) to look like 2hers.

This discussion has been closed.