As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Out of the 6 bosses we killed this week (so far), we only got one gem, and we're a 25 man guild.

• Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    I think I got 5 alicites and a hessonite from 4 motes.

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    Any other euro people who can't login? I just reactivated my account and it just keeps telling me that the loginserver is busy

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    Out of the 6 bosses we killed this week (so far), we only got one gem, and we're a 25 man guild.

Damn.

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote:
    Any other euro people who can't login? I just reactivated my account and it just keeps telling me that the loginserver is busy

I have the same issue, glad it's not me

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    OK, so last night while raiding, my debuffs were no longer appearing. I'm talking default UI debuffs, not some addon for them. Top right corner. All the buffs were showing up like always, but no debuffs would show, which makes things like Ultraxion and Gunship (how many stacks of sunder do I have?) pretty frustrating.

I have to assume it's some addon of mine doing it, but I've never had an addon that interacted with (i.e., removed) the default debuff icons before. So has anyone else run into this since the patch? If so, did you figure out what does it?

I wanted to test manually after the raid to see if I could figure out what was the culprit, but without a way to put a debuff on myself, I couldn't think of a way to figure it out in Orgrimmar.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    Yeah, I didn't tank the front 4 on Tuesday, but I did have to swap in for Ultraxion and Blackhorn (and spine until I had the nasty DC).

Blackhorn we discovered that during the add phase, you really want your tanks to swap which adds they are tanking when the next batch comes in (IE: Tank 1 has the Slayer, Tank 2 should have the Slayer in the second pack, then back to Tank 1). This keeps the dot from stacking crazy high (if you don't have alot of paladins).

Really, the fights are a lot about raid wide execution it seems. Individually your jobs might be easier, but if any one person screws up it can cause problems.

Yup that is exactly right. The same adds always come down in the same spot so it is an easy pickup. Initially we separated the adds but we ended up bringing them together on the sapper side for that little extra AOE dmg and it helped. You want to also make where the adds drop a no mans land for all but the tanks. I agree with the raidwide execution statement. I can see heroics having many single mess ups causing player deaths initially.

@Buddies I have only got green gems so far. Which makes me sad as people are paying tons for epic gems right now. I want to get in on that.

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I just hit ilvl 329 to do heroics on my disc priest but I'm gonna continue doing BG's for honor then transfer to justice points. I find the normal heroics to be harder than the 4.3 dungeons because of the ilvl requirements.

edit: I'll probably start doing normal heroics around ilvl 340 maybe a little later. I'm kinda sick of em I just wanna get into the 4.3 ones and prepare for LFR.

sumwar on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    forty wrote:
    OK, so last night while raiding, my debuffs were no longer appearing. I'm talking default UI debuffs, not some addon for them. Top right corner. All the buffs were showing up like always, but no debuffs would show, which makes things like Ultraxion and Gunship (how many stacks of sunder do I have?) pretty frustrating.

I have to assume it's some addon of mine doing it, but I've never had an addon that interacted with (i.e., removed) the default debuff icons before. So has anyone else run into this since the patch? If so, did you figure out what does it?

I wanted to test manually after the raid to see if I could figure out what was the culprit, but without a way to put a debuff on myself, I couldn't think of a way to figure it out in Orgrimmar.

Do you use a raidframe add on? The default raidframe also tracks debuffs and that is what I use.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote:
    forty wrote:

Do you use a raidframe add on? The default raidframe also tracks debuffs and that is what I use.
    Yeah, I'm using VuhDo (used Grid up until GridStatusLifebloom died). I can't imagine it's turning off debuffs, but I'll give it a try.

I need to find some low level mob around Orgrimmar that does a bleed debuff or something that I can test with.

So my druid, with his 261 JC tokens, was able to learn all but one of the epic gem cuts on Tuesday (he'll be able to get the last one on Friday). I just bought 65 of the random pattern item. Yes, I'm well aware that at least half of the cuts are useless, but I have plenty of gold so it's more just for the absurdity of being able to link "JC with every single epic Cata gem cut" already. Yes, I'm also well aware that I'll probably almost never end up cutting any of them because of the stupid rarity of these things.

So why did Blizzard decide to go all stupid about the epic gem rarity anyway? Again, did anyone think WotLK's epic gem system was a problem? I thought it was perfect. It's even more retarded since the gem demand is so fucking out of whack. Red gems are by far the best gems for DPS and healers, so they're in huge demand. Orange and Purple gems are decent for those specs for filling in blue/yellow sockets when there's a worthwhile socket bonus, and then that's it. Blue, green, and yellow gems are absolutely shitty for everyone except tanks, and tanks make up like 10% of the gem demand, so the supply and demand is totally lopsided for gems (this isn't new, but this is the first time that gem supply is limited).

Fake edit: Shit, druid tanks don't even gem like other tanks. They gem like DPS since Agi is one of their best stats (red/orange/purple gems only). So you have only 3 specs in the game that even want half of the possible gems. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    It'd be nice if the bosses in LFR gave a little jp/gem/random item or something after you've killed them for that week. I'd be more inclined to hop in and heal an LFR raid I've already cleared if I knew there was a chance I'd get something out of it, no matter how small.

This may fall firmly in the give them an inch and they want a mile category though. =P

• Options
    edited December 2011
    forty wrote:
    Jubal77 wrote:
    forty wrote:

Yeah, I'm using VuhDo (used Grid up until GridStatusLifebloom died). I can't imagine it's turning off debuffs, but I'll give it a try.

I need to find some low level mob around Orgrimmar that does a bleed debuff or something that I can test with.

The dailies around there might help too. Check the cooking daily. if it's the pearfruit one that has a chance of giving you a negligible dot each time you pick one. There's also the JC daily where you throw dust at people too. No guarantee they'd be up but probably worth a shot.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LFR bosses should at least drop that mote that lets you turn it in for a bag of Alicite and disappointment the first time you kill them. Or even just give you one for killing the last guy in the wing. Something, geez.
    Nobody wrote:
    The dailies around there might help too. Check the cooking daily. if it's the pearfruit one that has a chance of giving you a negligible dot each time you pick one. There's also the JC daily where you throw dust at people too. No guarantee they'd be up but probably worth a shot.
    Oh good call. I'd have to go pick up cooking on my DK, and I'd only have a 1 in 5 shot for each of those, but that's something to try. The JC one would be far better since the prickly pear fruit DoT is pretty inconsistent.

Of course now it won't be the sparkly dust quest for two weeks.

forty on
  • Options
    thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    A couple people were having problems seeing their debuffs on Ultraxion last night. We fixed it by having everyone who was having the issue focus themselves to look at that frame and by having the priest PW:S everyone before we pulled since that debuffs people. It wasn't a consistent thing at all for the people experiencing the bug.

The token you get from Madness seems to be a guaranteed epic gem.

thenshewaslike on
  • Options
    thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    oops.

thenshewaslike on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    new patch = getting 200g per greater essence

non raider's revenge

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A couple people were having problems seeing their debuffs on Ultraxion last night. We fixed it by having everyone who was having the issue focus themselves to look at that frame and by having the priest PW:S everyone before we pulled since that debuffs people. It wasn't a consistent thing at all for the people experiencing the bug.
    This is what I ended up doing when I noticed that I could see debuffs on the other tank in my focus frame (other tank is usually on focus for 90% of raids for me). Thanks, I'm glad to hear it wasn't only happening to me, since no one else in my raid seemed to be experiencing it. I assume it's some sort of addon confliction with the default UI, but I suppose it's remotely possible it's an error from the patch, because there have been some oddities.

For example, the mature language filter seems to turn itself back on all the time now, which is #%&*ing annoying.

forty on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DK had like 25 chaos orbs in the bank since I could roll on them as a JC/LW from 4.0-4.2 but never actually had anything useful to make with them, so I decided to check out what the AH situation with them was now that they're not BoP. There were a few pages of them, with the cheapest ones going for just over 40 gold. Bummer.

I wonder if it would be worth hanging on to them for a while in the hopes that we're seeing an initial market flood of them that will die down in a couple months and see the price go up a little, or if this is about the best it's going to be.

forty on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    They will not be worth much, if anything for the rest of the patch.

The best they make is 365, which doesn't help when people want to get 372 for lfr (which is a success so far). I would snatch up living embers if I could, because those are the ones that are going to get rare-er, and they make 378s, which will be nice for alts who want to hit lfr asap.

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the patch today was for?

Hopefully fixing some of these UI issues.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    They will not be worth much, if anything for the rest of the patch.

The best they make is 365, which doesn't help when people want to get 372 for lfr (which is a success so far). I would snatch up living embers if I could, because those are the ones that are going to get rare-er, and they make 378s, which will be nice for alts who want to hit lfr asap.

The new 397 gear will require chaos orbs as well. So whether or not that actually means anything depends on a. patterns having a higher drop chance than .0001% and b. essences of destruction becoming more common.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They can be used for Dreamcloth too, which I believe is still used for T13 crafted stuff.

EDIT: As for the drop rate on patterns, we saw 2 on Tuesday, but YMMV.

Nobody on
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    think we had 4 recipes drop tues, zero weds. two bosses down each day

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    do the patterns drop on FLR or only on normal+?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Nobody wrote:
    They can be used for Dreamcloth too, which I believe is still used for T13 crafted stuff.

EDIT: As for the drop rate on patterns, we saw 2 on Tuesday, but YMMV.
    Oh shit, I totally forgot about that since my Warlock doesn't do dungeons. If I can get orbs for ~50g or less, that would be a pretty good dreamcloth maker compared to everything but fire/earth/life. And fire is probably going to stop being cheap soon with the drop in people doing Firelands/MF.

• Options
    do the patterns drop on FLR or only on normal+?
    Going to guess they don't drop in RF difficulty since the crafting mats don't either.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    It looked like you can turn one of the essences of destruction in for a guaranteed epic gem, too. We got 3-4 of those I think, so at least you'll be able to get them that way.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    rorrrorr Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    forty wrote:

Also had this problem...debuff showed up once, then never showed for the rest. I ended up just splitting the difference and used Heroic Will after I counted for 4 seconds and crossed my fingers my debuff wasn't 10 seconds

rorr on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looked like you can turn one of the essences of destruction in for a guaranteed epic gem, too. We got 3-4 of those I think, so at least you'll be able to get them that way.
    Errr, how do you get those? From the description of the currency (from hovering over it on the vendor; I never got one), it sounded like something you'd only get from killing Deathwing.

Still, it's a toss up between red/blue/yellow, right? So basically a 1/3 chance of getting a good gem and otherwise something you give to a tank (or maybe someone trying to stack resilience).

forty on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    oh, I'm dumb. I just read 'essence' on the vendor and assumed it meant essences of destruction, but I guess it's a different thing that you just get from deathwing

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Wow, just noticed that leaving flight form actually cuts off your momentum like a normal dismount would.

No more launching myself around like a lunatic, which is kinda good news/bad news.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Ugh that cutscene when you kill Deathwing.

I remember when Blizzard used to be able to create compelling, engaging little cutscenes that really made you wish they would get into the movie business.

That was not one of them.
    It was more the baby thing than anything else that annoyed me. Could they really not have written that any better?

Oh, and the revelation that "this is the age of mortals" ... Was it not before? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "mortals" have been doing all the fighting, leading, and heavy lifting in turning back the evils of the cosmos for a long time, now.

It's also not helpful that the moment, which might've been inspiring, is undercut by the knowledge that we're immediately going from this moment of hope into an even bloodier war. It left me depressed. What better way to illustrate the importance of mortality than ... not learning anything at all and continuing to pointlessly waste lives by the thousands?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Jubal77 wrote:
    morchok, Yor'sahj, and arguably ultraxion all require 2 tanks, but you're right. there should be a reason to have 2 tanks for every fight.

I don't know about the deathwing fights.

The two tank fights so far are just simple swap taunt and grab add n tank. Nothing too terrible. If you have a pali tank your OT is just sitting there taunting off and dissapearing. No need for OT to take an hour with the CD reducing buff. BBlackthorn himself is easier than the gunship part. Both tanking parts are easy. So far on the tanking side this patch is by far the easiest of this xpac. Most likely all around too.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but only the boat fight and Ultraxion require 2 tanks. We did first 4 with 1 tank, last 4 with 2, but I've seen vids of spine and madness with 1 tank. Madness is actually easier on normal with 1 tank.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Dac wrote:

I remember when Blizzard used to be able to create compelling, engaging little cutscenes that really made you wish they would get into the movie business.

It was more the baby thing than anything else that annoyed me. Could they really not have written that any better?

Oh, and the revelation that "this is the age of mortals" ... Was it not before? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "mortals" have been doing all the fighting, leading, and heavy lifting in turning back the evils of the cosmos for a long time, now.

It's also not helpful that the moment, which might've been inspiring, is undercut by the knowledge that we're immediately going from this moment of hope into an even bloodier war. It left me depressed. What better way to illustrate the importance of mortality than ... not learning anything at all and continuing to pointlessly waste lives by the thousands?
    When it's humans v orcs, sure. But the titans kind of made dragons to explicitly be the guardians of the world, and this was just basically a realization that they're not anymore. We have a tendency to run to them for help whenever there's a problem we can't seem to solve, like the burning legion attacking or getting help against the lich king, but since it was mortals who actually destroyed deathwing, which they're partly to blame for, it seems appropriate to pass the torch. Though I do agree the cutscene is dumb.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the age of mortals was supposed to begin at the end of warcraft 3 with the destruction of the world tree anyway

we've already done this, it's just that WoW's writers completley forgot about it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    the age of mortals was supposed to begin at the end of warcraft 3 with the destruction of the world tree anyway

we've already done this, it's just that WoW's writers completley forgot about it

Well, more like Azeroth didn't need a mysterious all-powerful mortal mage to guard it, but still had 4 immortal demigods hanging around. When it came to guardianship, the Guardian of Tirisfal was a mall cop while the aspects were the armed forces.

I'd like to think that the rise of the mortal races is more of a gradual thing than something that kicks in right after Archimonde's defeat. Don't forget that mortals freed and then arguably "surpassed" the keepers of Ulduar in WotLK, and now the dragonflights are retiring from the front of the stage.
    Dac wrote:
    Ugh that cutscene when you kill Deathwing...

Well, that's the rub isn't it? The mortal races are capable of grand, heroic deeds. But they're also more than willing to commit ignorant, wasteful atrocities. We're not wholly good like the dragons or ancients (sans corruption, of course) but neither are we pure evil like the Burning Legion or the old gods. Ham-fisted and cliche as it might be, Blizzard is at least attempting to address complicated notions of morality, revenge, power, and conflict.

• Options
    Noggin wrote:
    Wow, just noticed that leaving flight form actually cuts off your momentum like a normal dismount would.

No more launching myself around like a lunatic, which is kinda good news/bad news.
    Wow. Another pointless nerf to fun. :(

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Javen wrote:
    Dac wrote:

When it's humans v orcs, sure. But the titans kind of made dragons to explicitly be the guardians of the world, and this was just basically a realization that they're not anymore. We have a tendency to run to them for help whenever there's a problem we can't seem to solve, like the burning legion attacking or getting help against the lich king, but since it was mortals who actually destroyed deathwing, which they're partly to blame for, it seems appropriate to pass the torch. Though I do agree the cutscene is dumb.

Dragons were not important at all in previous Warcraft games. At best they were a rare curiosity or monsters used by orcs as mounts. Mortals defeated the legion in WC3 and Medivh even has a similiar speech about how 'the time for guardians is over and it's the age of mortals' or whatever at the end of the game. It was with WoW that they decided to shit out dragons everywhere and make them the most important thing ever (and bring back gods (I mean come on, they even brought back Cenarius) and every deity ever just to further dismiss WC3) and I for one am glad they might actually be toning down their importance again because the dragons seemed to have a finger in everything.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    in fairness they seem to primarily have brought gods and dragons back so that we could kill them all the time

that ending is just so cornball though. I mean I didn't even consider that they'd already done it in WC3 and it was just like, ugh, boring.

especially since the dragons were just like, left behind by the titans to watch over shit and if algalon is any indicator they are going to be none too happy about 'the age of guardians being over.'

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    It seems clear they don't really care anymore. They must have some statistic somewhere saying that the majority of players do not care about story so they put very very little effort into it.

"Everything is fine, oh look thralls girlfriend is pregnant, the dragons say they've fulfilled their "great purpose" except the only thing they actually did in this event was to kill their corrupted former brother, (and in doing so losing all their powers) so in reality they failed horribly. Not only that but we get fireworks and happy cheers and sunshine even though the Old God who was the master of Deathwing is still out there, doing god knows what. "

While WoTLK ending cinematic was cheesy, at least it wasn't so dull or empty.

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
This discussion has been closed.