As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DOTA 2] Beta ongoing. Keys going out regularly. Join the PennyArcade channel!

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Mirana isn't even that bad, and QoP is supposed to be a succubus or some shit.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    In Mirana's portrait you can't actually tell if she's wearing anything >.>

Also it just occurred to me that what you said opens the door for sexy Broodmother D:

• Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    It is already too late.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Dac Vin wrote:
    It is already too late.

I'm all for creative expression but it might be stretching the term "MILF" when said mother has 8 legs and a swarm of venomous toddlers.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Ah, now the survey has appeared. I'm being paranoid, but it wants my laptop specs. I'll wait till I'm on my gaming PC to submit the survey. This thing is powerful but it's video card can't even play Jamestown or Super Meat Boy at 60FPS.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • TheManTrapTheManTrap Registered User regular
    So, I've been watching my boyfriend play while I wait impatiently for a beta key, and apparently Kunkka has no head. Funny bug but not nearly as awesome as the Beastmaster swagger bug.

• DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    i want to see female pudge.

• A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Drakmathus wrote:
    i want to see female pudge.
    JjpwN.jpg

A Flock of Walrus on
    PNA1v.jpg
    The DotA comic is a fantastic way to break the ice with the lore I know nothing about!

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Dota has lore?

Also, I find that I'm doing pretty well with str melee support types. I'm actually winning games! Yay!

• CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/kqSiH/dota-2

Another Dota2 Giveaway that has some low entries and only open for another hour!

reVerse wrote:
    Dota has lore?

Also, I find that I'm doing pretty well with str melee support types. I'm actually winning games! Yay!

The comic had some shit about Radiants and Dires and a sexy blue lady.

• valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote:
    Dac Vin wrote:
    It is already too late.

I'm all for creative expression but it might be stretching the term "MILF" when said mother has 8 legs and a swarm of venomous toddlers.

217533671_TbUSk-L-2.jpg

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    I'm hella rusty, but it all came back in the end :D Camera feels janky to me especially after SC2, but I'm sure I'll find a way to work around it. Muscle memory kept screwing me over when I was playing as Davion, kept hitting the classic WC3 hotkeys for his abilities :P

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    nealcm wrote:
    Keysier wrote:
    I am the worst Ancient Apparition ever

not true

I exist

Hahaha.
    Hahahaha!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Just wait until I start playing. Then we'll see who's bad.
    It's Michael Jackson. He's bad.

The trick is to use the minimap to time his ult.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
    valiance wrote:
    3clipse wrote:
    Dac Vin wrote:
    It is already too late.

217533671_TbUSk-L-2.jpg

Well played, sir. Well played.

• Crazed LlamaCrazed Llama Registered User regular
    what are "control groups"?

i see them listed in the hot key setup

tf2_sig.png

i see them listed in the hot key setup

Exactly what they'd be in an RTS! You can put anything on them. I like to have my hero and the courier.

• Crazed LlamaCrazed Llama Registered User regular
    ahh...figured as much..guess that's useful when you have summons

tf2_sig.png
    Doing the survey was hard because I never played DotA. I did however put that I have over 500 hours of Action RTS experience :D

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Steam randomly gave me three copies. Woooooo

Unfortunately two of my roommates also play LoL so they snatched up my extra copies.

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    nnnooooooo

• SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    i think i accidentally sent neal like 5 friend invites. whoooops

Mai-Kero wrote:
    Unfortunately two of my roommates also play LoL so they snatched up my extra copies.
    here's hoping they actually like it, instead of playing it twice and then dropping it because it's not enough like League. the combined rage of the keyless masses may kill them if that happens.

a4i9N.png
  • ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I think gaben knows my internet habits. I got my DOTA2 invite while playing LOL.

übergeek, stop playing VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV so I can send you an invite.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I have my invite now. Maybe I will even play this week!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    I think gaben knows my internet habits. I got my DOTA2 invite while playing LOL.

übergeek, stop playing VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV so I can send you an invite.

God bless you Res. I had given up all hope.

camo_sig.png
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Man lots of people got in recently while I remain DOTA 2 starved. :(

steam_sig.png
  • bigblackjesusbigblackjesus Registered User regular
    This is me begging for a key!

• nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    Page- wrote:
    nealcm wrote:
    Keysier wrote:
    I am the worst Ancient Apparition ever

not true

I exist

Hahaha.
    Hahahaha!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Just wait until I start playing. Then we'll see who's bad.
    It's Michael Jackson. He's bad.

The trick is to use the minimap to time his ult.

i've been having a good time as ancient apparition now that i've gotten used to the timing

fuck i love him so much by far the most fun ability in the game, coolest both by what it does and flavor wise

19ZUtIw.png
    edited December 2011
    12 minutes 139 entries!

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/10ORG/dota-2

Also 2 copies apparently.

Docshifty on
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote:
    12 minutes 139 entries!

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/10ORG/dota-2

Also 2 copies apparently.

Damnit, I had to go out tonight! Look at how little entries there were.

with TWO winners no less!

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2011
    This is me begging for a key!
    We're not doing this.

In fact, add a "Do not beg for beta keys." to the OP of the next thread so people know not to.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Anyone on thats up for a few games with me and a bud?

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    I will likely be on a bunch, hit me up whenever.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Enigma435Enigma435 Registered User regular
    Do we have a steam group for this? If so I'd love to get in. Just got a beta invite from a friend last night. SteamID is Enigma435.

steam_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

People without dota 2 keys.

• FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Lessons in not quitting out of bad games:

ES as usual, lane with broodmother. He doesn't follow up my forest stuns so we start off poorly. Our mid viper feeds and quits. Our Lina throws a fit over our AM buying dumb items and leaves after feeding a bit. I figure I may as well stay just to practice landing stuns and whatnot. Cut to way too long of a game because AM/brood clean up after my initiations even though we're still slowly losing. Enemy team's final push down mid, I'm inside our wall waiting for them to move closer so I can blink in, they start coming in, I blink + ult.. and for some reason as I started to blink they decided to go bottom and my ult hits nothing.

Hahahaha. So shameful but that's why I stay in clearly lost games. Without that terrible face palm moment out of the way in an already lost game it might have happened in a close game.

edit.. also, nothing like a loss to get you over your oh-god-i-don't-want-to-lose anxiety. Lose badly with two leavers? Fuck it queue again let's do this.
    edit x2.. also I'm now 6/6 with ES. Seems games either go really well or fucking horribly.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    How do I ping on the minimap?

This discussion has been closed.