As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW Connection Issues (Solved. Lock Please.)

EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles.Portland, ORRegistered User regular
edited December 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I already posted this in the WoW thread over in the MMO sub-forum, but no responses, so I'm going to try here.

Been having a bit of a weird problem lately, I've been getting booted from the server every 20 minutes (on the dot) and sometimes every 40. Today, the boots looked like this...8:40, 9:00, 9:20, 10:00, 10:20. I can log immediately back in and it's not my internet connection going down. I'm not running anything weird in the background...

This is on a late 2010 MacBook Pro running the latest version of Lion. I'm using Orange as my ISP over here in France as well.

Esh on

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    Have you been with Orange for awhile? I've never heard of it with an mmo... but I deal with audio over IP for my job and a common issue is if you have something eating up bandwidth, sometimes they will throttle you down, the fact its happening every 20 minutes sounds like they have you on a watch list and are killing the connection when that 20 minute mark is reached.

Of course I could be entirely off but thats what I would think first, contact your ISP, see if they have any information about it.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Is this happening when you're not playing WoW?

If yes, what is going on on your system/network to cause this?

If no, what addons are you running and which one of those is causing a problem?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    There's no tormenting, streaming, or anything of that nature going on.

And like I said, the connection is staying up. It's just WoW. And I can immediately log back into it. This only happens when playing WoW. The only add-ons are DBM and ICEHud. Neither are causing any issues.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    One of your addons is calling bad code/making item requests that are fucking things up. DBM, for example, may be calling raid content not released/accessible yet.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Arivia wrote:
    One of your addons is calling bad code/making item requests that are fucking things up. DBM, for example, may be calling raid content not released/accessible yet.

Every twenty minutes exactly?

EDIT: And it's definitely not the issue as I just disabled all add-ons and it did again.

Esh on
  • Options
    Esh - while running wow try doing a constant ping to google or some other site that should give you a good latency, just keep it running until wow boots you off the server and see if the pings shot way up in latency

• Options
    Esh - while running wow try doing a constant ping to google or some other site that should give you a good latency, just keep it running until wow boots you off the server and see if the pings shot way up in latency

How do I do this?

• Options
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2196172_ping-mac-computer.html

this should be relevant, I use PCs so I know its different, but there should be a way to have it ping until you tell it to stop

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    You are in france on study abroad...why are you playing WOW?? I went to the Czech Republic and spent way too much time on the internet because it was hard to relate to people/culture shock and it was easy to retreat to a familiar medium. Don't do that! You will regret it.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kaliyama wrote:
    You are in france on study abroad...why are you playing WOW?? I went to the Czech Republic and spent way too much time on the internet because it was hard to relate to people/culture shock and it was easy to retreat to a familiar medium. Don't do that! You will regret it.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. I play sometimes when it's too late to go out and I don't have any studying to do. It's a tiny city, so honestly, there's not that much to do here that I haven't explored already. I go out and do things all the time though. I don't, nor will I regret anything. One of my two majors is Socio/Cultural Anthropology, so I'm not really in need of being versed on things like culture shock and cultural relations.

I remember you harping on me about this before when I was getting my iPhone working here. It's not necessary for you to do nor is it helpful.

EDIT: But, the situation revolved itself with some cache flushing. This can be locked.

Esh on
This discussion has been closed.