As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kotaku Article about PAX 07 Exhibition Hall

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited June 2007 in PAX Archive
http://kotaku.com/gaming/the-new-e3/pax-07-chock-full-of-exhibitors-272843.php
Kotaku wrote:
If you are a major or minor gaming company looking to hawk your wares at this year's Penny Arcade Expo and you haven't signed up yet, PA has issued a press release detailing how very screwed you are. Despite the tripling the available area over last year's event the show floor is completely booked. Oh well...there's always E for All?

This means that poor PAX attendees will have to be satisfied with the fifty-three exhibitors who got in under the wire. Fifty-three. That's a good bit more than the castrated E3 has this year. Of course you get the odd non-video gaming related company like ITT Tech, Upper Deck (WoW Cards don't count) and 1up.com, but for the most part it's just going to be wall to wall interactive entertainment companies, all looking to impress you. Makes you all warm and fuzz inside. Hit up the jump for the full list. Should be one hell of a show! Michael Fahey

Penny Arcade Expo '07 Triples Amount of Game Exhibits

Headliners include Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony and Ubisoft

Seattle, Washington - June 27, 2007 Penny Arcade today announced that exhibit space is sold out for its upcoming Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) gaming culture festival, officially tripling the size of exhibit space from previous years. The 4th annual event, which moved to the Washington State Convention & Trade Center in downtown Seattle this year in order to accommodate interest from both exhibitors and a rapidly growing number of attendees, is slated to take place August 24th-26th.

"We thought that by tripling the available exhibitor space, we'd have enough room for everybody. I guess we were wrong." said Penny Arcade's director of sales, Mike Fehlauer. "We do our best to throw a kickass party for the gamer community, and so we're grateful-and relieved-that the response has been so positive. Exhibitors and attendees alike have decided that PAX is the show to attend; it's the only place where you'll find tabletop, console, and PC gamers and exhibitors-plus concerts, tournaments, panels, and freeplay-under the same roof, with no BS."

On the exhibit floor, PAX '07 attendees can expect to try their hands at yet-to-be-released games and products from exhibitors including Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Ubisoft, Electronic Arts/Mythic, Harmonix, Foundation 9, Sierra/Vivendi Universal, Wizards of the Coast, NCSoft, Sabertooth Games, D3 Publishing, Telltale Games, the Behemoth, Namco-Bandai, Upper Deck, Wizkids, Atari, ArenaNet, Hothead Games, America's Army and Rockstar. (See below for a complete list of exhibitors this year) In addition to showing a multitude of pre-release games on its show floor, PAX offers attendees a host of game-related conference sessions, parties, concerts, tournaments and more!
Game publishers and developers interested in attending PAX 2008 should contact Mike Fehlauer at mikef@penny-arcade.com.

Complete List of Exhibitors for PAX 2007
1up.com
America's Army
ArenaNet
Astro Gaming
Atari
The Behemoth
The Bungie Store!
CCP/Whitewolf
D3 Publishing
DeVry University
Digipen
Dolby
EA Mythic
The ECA
Fantasy Flight Games
Flying Lab Software
Foundation 9 Entertainment
Gamecock Media Group
GameTap
GameTrailers.com
Garage Games
Gas Powered Games
Green Ronin Publishing
The Guildhall
Harmonix
ITT Tech
Konami
Longbow Digital Arts
Metanet Software
Microsoft
Namco Bandai
Nintendo of America
Nvidia
Octopi
Paizo Publishing
Pink Godzilla
Privateer Press
Rockstar Games
Sabertooth Games
Sierra/Vivendi Games
Sony Computer Entertainment of America
Strategy Computers
Sumo Lounge
Tablestar Games
Technomancer Press
Telltale Games
Tenacious Games
Turbine
Ubisoft
UDON Entertainment
Upper Deck Entertainment
Wizards of the Coast
Wizkids

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• jay427jay427 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I wonder if any of those kotaku guys will be at PAX this year...I really like their site.

jay427 on
  • person34person34 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I dont think they could be considered a video game news website if they didnt have at least one person there. So I would imagine that the likelyhood (<-- Not how you spell that) of someone from Kotaku being there is very high.

But then I dont have my magic 8 ball with me so Ill let someone else give you the definitive answer :P

person34 on
  • ArkleyArkley Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Reading that article reminded me that I need to find a ride down then plus somewhere to stay.

And I too think that there will be someone there from Kotaku, those guys seem to be everywhere where soemthing big in gaming is.

Arkley on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    They were at pax last year I believe.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Here is Joystiq's:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/27/penny-arcade-expo-exhibitor-list-unleashed/
    Joystiq wrote:
    The exhibitor list for this year's Penny Arcade Expo has been made, checked twice, and finalized. While the past exhibitors are all still present (including favorites Pink Godzilla), the major publishers have signed up en masse.

Joining Nintendo and Microsoft this year on the super-sized list of 53 exhibitors are Sony, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Sierra and Konami, among many others. Indie representation will be provided Gamecock, Telltale, and more. Is that the shadow of E3 we see before us? Full list after the break.

* 1up.com
    * America's Army
    * ArenaNet
    * Astro Gaming
    * Atari
    * The Behemoth
    * The Bungie Store!
    * CCP/Whitewolf
    * D3 Publishing
    * DeVry University
    * Digipen
    * Dolby
    * EA Mythic
    * The ECA
    * Fantasy Flight Games
    * Flying Lab Software
    * Foundation 9 Entertainment

* Gamecock Media Group
    * GameTap
    * GameTrailers.com
    * Garage Games
    * Gas Powered Games
    * Green Ronin Publishing
    * The Guildhall
    * Harmonix
    * ITT Tech
    * Konami
    * Longbow Digital Arts
    * Metanet Software
    * Microsoft
    * Namco Bandai
    * Nintendo of America
    * Nvidia
    * Octopi

* Paizo Publishing
    * Pink Godzilla
    * Privateer Press
    * Rockstar Games
    * Sabertooth Games
    * Sierra/Vivendi Games
    * Sony Computer Entertainment of America
    * Strategy Computers
    * Sumo Lounge
    * Tablestar Games
    * Technomancer Press
    * Telltale Games
    * Tenacious Games
    * Turbine

* Ubisoft
    * UDON Entertainment
    * Upper Deck Entertainment
    * Wizards of the Coast
    * Wizkids

Which article do you prefer?

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • majin23xmajin23x Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I prefer whichever one doesn't say "after the break."

That's gotta be the most annoying web trend of 2007.

majin23x on
    **Still Undefeated at Jenga!**
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    jay427 wrote: »
    I wonder if any of those kotaku guys will be at PAX this year...I really like their site.

I was taking pictures right next to Brian Crecente during the concerts last year, nice duder. He was liveblogging on this hot little laptop, damn that thing was small. If he was there last year, I would only imagine someone will be this year.

b0wser on
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have to say this is pretty exciting news! The Exhibitor floor is one of my favorite parts of PAX because it gives me a peek at all the upcoming exciting news in gaming and you get a crap load of fun swag-in-a-bag. And now with triple the pleasure??

The only thing I'm worried about is it becoming like what E3 was, which could potentially ruin the tight knit friendly feel of PAX. E3 was fun, but it feels nothing like what I enjoy about PAX.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    majin23x wrote: »
    I prefer whichever one doesn't say "after the break."

That's gotta be the most annoying web trend of 2007.
    Yes, so annoying! I hate it when large posts are reduced to a preview, allowing me to decide if I want to read the entire article. I much prefer scrolling through page after page of chaff desperately searching for headlines of interest.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
This discussion has been closed.