As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DOTA 2] Beta ongoing. Keys going out regularly. Join the PennyArcade channel!

19495969798100»

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Something fun to do in clearly lost games is learn to ward the tricky spots and see just how many times the enemy passes within vision of them. Just watching the minimap for one set of 3-4 wards for their duration will make you say, "Holy shit, how could they ever surprise me if someone warded these spots?"

• Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote:
    How do I ping on the minimap?

Alt+click.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    reVerse wrote:
    How do I ping on the minimap?
    Alt+Click

Curse you Mr. Snrub

JAEF on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    From horrible game of getting stomped with leavers to a game where I land every stun I want and my FV lanemate follows up and gets fed and becomes a beast and we roll the other team.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So... err.

I could use an invite to the Steam group

Steam name nordain
    HELL.FUCKING.YES.

Vic on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    What's the command for joining our chat channel? I see one listed but it only has 1 person, not sure if it's the right one.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    übergeek wrote:
    What's the command for joining our chat channel? I see one listed but it only has 1 person, not sure if it's the right one.

chat_join "Channel Name"

That one person is probably me. I am usually alone in there.

Edit: Also there's no indication someone has joined or sent a message to the channel or joined it if Im in game.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dispatch.o wrote:
    übergeek wrote:

chat_join "Channel Name"

That one person is probably me. I am usually alone in there.

Edit: Also there's no indication someone has joined or sent a message to the channel or joined it if Im in game.

If you're [paranoid] I was in there a second ago, logged out to set -novid to my launch options.

EDIT Also, thanks, I've got it in my autoexec now.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Echo wrote:
    what are "control groups"?

People without dota 2 keys.

:lol:

So I'm spending all my Steamgifts points on DOTA2 contests. Currently in quite a few, and I have good feelings. This is going to be the day, guys. I will be playing DOTA2 within 24 hours.

I'm a little scared.

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite to the DoTa 2 steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    So @reVerse is the classiest of all gentlemen, as he just gifted me DOTA2 out of the blue! I told you guys. I could feel it. 8->

Looks like I could use a DOTA2 steam group invite.

And someone to teach me how to play. :rotate:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok I believe I have everything set the way I want, except the lack of being able to shift bind the ability keys like I did in HoN and LoL. I've been out of the loop long enough, I'm not sure what I should play until I get back into the proper habits. Closest thing I've played was HoN back in beta when it was almost a direct copy.

Just looking at the hero comparisons, I appear to be familiar with VS, Anti Mage, Luna, Riki, Veno, Juggs, Syllabear, Dazzle, Rylai, Lich, Lina, Zeus, Vol'Jin, Earthshaker, Pudge, Omni, Axe, Tiny, Slardar......Drow Ranger kinda.

Granted this is about 2 years of rust to shake off. There could be a better choices out of people I haven't played, so I'd like your input. What would you guys suggest I start with until I get my reflex and deny skills up to par again?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Also, am I to understand I can't simply spectate a game that someone in my friends list is playing? I don't see the option even though I know Vic is in a game right now.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Woo! I got invited by a nice person!
    Downloading as fast as I can...group invite?

Now to show you all a true display of power!
    Bad power. Because I'm so bad.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    So, here's a question that probably no one knows the answer.

As a lucky bachelor with two newly acquired gifts to give away, I am faced with the horrifying conundrum of having to pick who gets them.

My question to you is can someone get an invite after they have been gifted (and their two keys?). Is it more efficient for our group (as a whole) to cherry pick all of the bad lazy friends I have who didn't do the DotA2 survey and signed up for the beta?

• Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    I haven't heard about people who have been invited by friends getting an email from valve giving them their invite from the survey, and I also haven't heard about those who have been invited getting 2 invites to send to friends either. Only case i've seen was those who were in the beta before they put up the survey and comic were given two invites.

This discussion has been closed.