As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The exhibition floor plan is up! Where are you going 1st, 2nd, 3rd?

mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby.BaltimoreRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
Here is the exhibition hall floor plan.

I am planning on visiting Nvidia first. I work for GPUReview.com and I want to spend some time with them and ask them some questions. It is in the back of the hall as well so it won't be very busy.

Then I am heading to Sierra/Vivendi in hopes of seeing some stuff on the Black Box games and Left 4 Dead.

Then I will visit whatever of my favorites I can.

Where are you guys gonna go?

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
mentok1982 on

• atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    1. every booth in order
    2. Arenanet
    3. Nintendo
    4. Repeat 2 and 3 until the weekend ends.

atray on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    atray wrote: »
    1. every booth in order
    2. Arenanet
    3. Nintendo

My thoughts exactly. But add White Wolf

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    1. every booth in order
    2. Arenanet
    3. Nintendo

My thoughts exactly. But add White wolf

Just about where you are. I plan on hitting Whitewolf booth pretty hard. And the Wizards of the Coast area with a vengeance.

Damn, this is gonna be a fun weekend.

Officer on
  • ScotasianglishScotasianglish Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Somehow fused to the Technomancer Press booth, for the duration.
    This is why I have underlings, carefully programmed to see each booth for me, and record the experience.

Scotasianglish on
    The original chinese-welsh-scotsman with a japanese last name.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Why is Pink Godzilla under "Video Game Exhibitors" and not "Retailers"?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ubisoft has three booths... must be for different games...

Honestly every year I just take enough time to go once around the floor.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • DeiruDeiru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This year is my first PAX, and by the look of the map, I don't think I'm prepared for this.

I'm not much of a fanboy, I have a general interest in everything, and that could be my undoing. Really, I'm just trying to plot the area where I will inevitably collapse from overload.

Actually, here's a question: where am I sure to get the most schwag? I.E., which booths are sure be handing out free stuff?

Deiru on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    nVidia

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    first, nvidia, to sign up for whatever awesome giveaway they're gonna have this year.
    second, i'll make a lap, seeing what catches my eye.
    third, I'm going to try to find a way to warp space and time, so that Rockstar and Harmonix are right next to eachother, facilitating me (hopefully) going back and forth between GTAIV and Rock Band for long periods.

The Deliverator on
  • smessmes Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PAX Merch (get it before its gone :) )
    Nvidia
    Dolby
    Nintendo
    Rockstar
    Playstation

Are we given maps at the door?

smes on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Nintendo, Microsoft, Turbine, and Harmonix will be my first stops.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I like how the Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo booths make the shape of a giant wang.

That said, Nvidia, then Dolby, then PAX merch, then Bungie Store.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited June 2007
    Oops on the Pink Godzilla color.

Maps will be in the official program. :)

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    nVidia
    PAX Merch
    Any place that looks like it will be doing raffles or handing out swag
    Nintendo (probably covered above)
    Whatever else catches my fancy

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • EvilEvincarEvilEvincar Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    First off, I'll dive toward Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony. Probably will have to get the Nintendo visit out of the way first, because I won't be able to afterwards with all the rest of the crowd going after it.
    After that, PAX Merch definitely (will be bringing extra money this time around). I'll stop by both Upper Deck and Wizards for their tabletop stuff.
    Last on the definite list (ie: stuff I'm don't know exactly what they'll have), stop by Mega 64 booth. I hope they bring along the RE4 merchant.

EvilEvincar on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    EvilEvincar.png
  • artificeartifice Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    1-6. wotc
    7. Rockstar
    8. ww
    9 Turbine cause it sounds cool?

artifice on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    artifice wrote: »
    1-6. wotc
    7. Rockstar
    8. ww

Speaking of WotC, Ive always thought a cool piece of swag would be a Magic card with Gabe's art on it, probably involving the Cardboard Tube Samurai. Even though I dont play Magic anymore it would still be neat.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »
    artifice wrote: »
    1-6. wotc
    7. Rockstar
    8. ww

Speaking of WotC, Ive always thought a cool piece of swag would be a Magic card with Gabe's art on it, probably involving the Cardboard Tube Samurai. Even though I dont play Magic anymore it would still be neat.

Yeah, but that is why there is the PA CCG from Sabretooth games (Who will be there btw). They have their own set of cards for the Universal Card Game system. All with Gabe's art on it. I plan on buying some while I am there.

Officer on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    1. place to go--

Where ever looks coolest
    *edit to indicate singular-- not plural*
    2. Nvidia booth to see if I can score a free graphics card/promo stuff.

3. Get me some pocky and see if they have any domo kun stuff from the candy booth.

4. every other booth I'm interested in (pretty much the entire place)

Viscountalpha on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Like I said in IRC I plan to bug the people at THQ for info on the 40k MMO that they probably don't have till they go insane and get corrupted by chaos to get rid of me. Personally I think they will turn to Tzeentch.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Attention Capcom fans!!

Via Joystiq. http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/27/udons-art-of-capcom-300-page-artbook-available-this-summer/

Udon should have this groovy 300 page Capcom art book at PAX! If you want it this summer, you will have to get it from Udon at a convention like the Anime Expo or PAX. The book will be available at stores in the fall. Udon is located on the bottom left of the floor plan btw.

udonartofcapcomqc7.jpg

udonartofcapcombackzo3.jpg

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I want to check out Sierra/Vivendi as well to check out left4dead and world in conflict.

Most other games that will be there ive already played at work :P

And just visit friends that will be working at nvidia, xbox360, and flying lab booths.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don’t think I will make it much beyond the front door before finding out that my heart has been greatly weakened from years of heavy caffeine in take. At which point I will simply collapse in my own drool. So if you happen to see my try not to kick me as I am sure I’ll feel it once the medics give me a stim pack.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm not completly decided yet, but I do know two booths that will be seeing a lot of me over the weekend, those being:

1.)nVidia - so I can see how pathetic my 8800GTX will become in the near future
    2.)Harmonix - If I have my way I'll be spending lots of free time cuddling up to a Rock Band drumkit.

Outside of those two, I have no real plan.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • HexcoreHexcore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dam now I am looking froward to it even more . I didn't think that was possible

Hexcore on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    After I hit the Privateer booth... I think I'll be wandering around aimlessly for a while. If I look lost please drag me to something with the awesome. THough that could be anywhere.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Like I said in IRC I plan to bug the people at THQ for info on the 40k MMO that they probably don't have till they go insane and get corrupted by chaos to get rid of me. Personally I think they will turn to Tzeentch.

I want to go over to the THQ booth and tell them they suck.

Viscountalpha on
  • nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Devry, ITT Tech & Strategy Computers will be my first three... hahaha no.

Seriously though it is kinda cool that there are Educational Exhibitors there to help people get more interested in getting into the industry... just another thing that makes PAX definately NOT an E3 clone.

nearlysober on
  • skwisgaar Skwigelfskwisgaar Skwigelf Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I personally am gonna go to the Nintendo booth, first. Then, I am gonna head over to Sony. The Xbox booth will be next. I will then skedaddle to the merch table and then proceed to the Rockstar Games booth. Than, after that, I will go to other assorted places. I am gonna try my best to avoid the America's Army area. Last year they tried to recruit me :/

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    "Let me be the first to tell you you look like shit".
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • ScotasianglishScotasianglish Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's nice being exempt from recruitment at the A.A. tent.

Scotasianglish on
    The original chinese-welsh-scotsman with a japanese last name.
  • MrPulsarMrPulsar Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    1. Harmonix
    2. Mega 64
    3. Nintendo

That's my list. If Harmonix has Rock Band there, I won't be able to control my excitement.

MrPulsar on
    edited June 2007
    I personally am gonna go to the Nintendo booth, first. Then, I am gonna head over to Sony. The Xbox booth will be next. I will then skedaddle to the merch table and then proceed to the Rockstar Games booth. Than, after that, I will go to other assorted places. I am gonna try my best to avoid the America's Army area. Last year they tried to recruit me :/

Yeah, so? :P

Just tell them you have heart problems, an injured knee, an injured back, failed a psych exam, or had surgery on a part of you required for walking and "It just hasnt been the same since" :P

BigRed on
  • strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Nintendo, the Bungie store, Metanet, CCP, Harmonix, PINKU GOJIRA, Rooster Teeth and The Behemoth.

Oh god there's so much stuff, it's like an eight-year-old deciding what they want for christmas.

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just an odd question, why does the army get the biggest ammount of space?

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
    edited June 2007
    QuickSnap wrote: »

Because they have enough budget to buy all of PAX and turn it into a recruitment fair if they wanted.

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    edited June 2007
    they need space for there hummer

atray on
    edited June 2007
    they need space for there hummer

also this.

strangemusic on
    edited June 2007
    QuickSnap wrote: »

They paid the most maybe?

BigRed on
  • ThelloThello Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I find it pretty funny that America's Army has a bigger booth than Microsoft.

Mega 64 is going to be there? That's awesome.

Thello on
    edited June 2007
    is it just me or did the exhibitor news post get taken off PAX's website.

atray on
This discussion has been closed.