As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza 4] SBC 2012 Season 2: "It's Good Enough"

• Options
    groovegroove Enforcer SeattleRegistered User regular
    are those just the cars that are in D class now, or does it include cars under D class?

[E]
    axlky.jpg
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    no thats everything d class and under

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Why don't we just go ahead with that? There may not be a lot to choose from, but there is variety. Hell, there is even a (snicker) exotic in the list. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my dickbag teammate from FSCS bailed on me a few weeks ago so I made a new livery, what do you guys think?

sjQ19s.jpg

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I dig it.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Fender_BenderFender_Bender MichiganRegistered User regular
    very nice

XBL: OLDFenderBender Steam: [OLD]FenderBender
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    You know, instead of a general theme for this week, why don't we just show up and race?

No worries about having to shove everything into a car you don't really like in a class that isn't really fun. Let's just show up and run what you've got.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    So, no restrictions on class?

I'd be okay with not worrying about themes, but we should at least put everyone in the same class or what's the point?

• Options
    explanation for the title update today:
    http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood5/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    No reason we can't have a week off from the themes (though I like the themes, they get me out of the same 3-4 cars I use in every career race), but I'd say we need to at least set a class so everyone knows what to have ready.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about a straight up D or B, no other restrictions.

EDIT: I mean either all D or all B, not a multiclass race. :)

Hell, I'd be up for some more A or S, too, but I think there's interest in a lower class race now.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    How about we do a string of races from F to S in whatever cars we want to bring.

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • Options
    The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    How about we do a string of races from F to S in whatever cars we want to bring.

Could work well, I think. Through the course of the career mode, we're bound to have at least ONE car in each class.

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    xzzy wrote:
    Basticle wrote:
    so what are we doing for next week so I can put it in the OP?

F class, 20 laps. Nurburgring.

The big one. :rotate:

197956562.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2011
    xzzy wrote:
    Basticle wrote:
    so what are we doing for next week so I can put it in the OP?

F class, 20 laps. Nurburgring.

The big one. :rotate:

*picture*

Keep that face for too long and it may freeze the way it is lol

Fender_Bender on
  • Options
    The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ergXEy6jmzQ Somewhat fitting that this occurred during the last race of the night last Thursday. I just hope that the net code stabilizes by next Tuesday.

The Listener on
  • Options
    StregoneStregone VA, USARegistered User regular
    How about you set a hp and weight limit too. That way you can run race slicks on cars that aren't s class. Just using a class limit kinda makes the race all about power.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Stregone wrote:
    How about you set a hp and weight limit too. That way you can run race slicks on cars that aren't s class. Just using a class limit kinda makes the race all about power.

Which is why Lotus has leaderboard cars on nearly every track in almost every class right? :/

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ergXEy6jmzQ Somewhat fitting that this occurred during the last race of the night last Thursday. I just hope that the net code stabilizes by next Tuesday.

uh huh, was wondering how close I nearly clipped ya lol

• Options
    LOL i completely forgot about that one

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok theres really no way to enforce it in the lobby rules but heres the races for next week:

Rules:

Any car (No trucks or SUVs). No engine swaps. No driveline swaps.

Race 1: F Class
    Tuesday: Hockenheimring Short Circuit. 3 laps
    Thursday: Sebring Club Circuit. 3 laps

Race 2: E Class
    Tuesday: Ladera Test Track Full Circuit. 4 laps
    Thursday: Twin Ring Motegi East Circuit. 4 laps

Race 3: D Class
    Tuesday: Road Atlanta Club Circuit. 3 laps
    Thursday: Top Gear Test Track Full Circuit. 3 laps

Race 4: C Class
    Tuesday: Sedona Raceway Park Club Circuit. 4 laps
    Thursday: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. 4 laps

Race 5; B Class
    Tuesday: Maple Valley Raceway Full Circuit. 6 laps
    Thursday: Sazuka Circuit Full Circuit. 6 laps

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Hm, better start working now, this could take a while... Can you even fit race tires on any cars and keep them in F? Pretty small margin there isn't it?

Thankfully I have until Thursday, busy on Tuesday, as normal :/

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    hmmm good point. nevermind that rule

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Basticle wrote:
    LOL i completely forgot about that one

That's the race where I flipped on turn 1 (Like a BAWS) and when you guys were about halfway or so done lap 1 I said "Okay, guys, I'm upside down on the outside of Turn 1. Don't hit me."

And then someone drove right into me and flipped me back on my wheels. So I start trying to go to the pits.

"Okay, guys, I'm on the inside of the straight. Don't hit me."

And the someone drove right into me. :P

• Options
    yeah that was me :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Was it intentional? :P It looked like you altered course at the last second coming into the turn to collide with me.

Which was pretty hilarious to watch.

Hey, out of curiosity, is the Gallardo Superleggera a good lambo to take to R1? I want to start setting up a field of cars in advance so I'm not in such a hurry to prepare for each week's races and I'm totally infatuated with Lamborghini right now.

• Options
    I altered course at the last second so I didnt hit the wall

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    uh the Gallardo S wont even GET to R1 (my series car is completely maxed out at 767, the only thing I have left to install is a larger turbo charger and intercooler so I dont know if it will even get above 815 PI

The only Lambo's you are going to get to R1 are probably the Aventador, Murcialago LP-700 and i suppose maybe the Reventon

*edit* wait nevermind mine is drivetrain swaped to RWD which IIRC lowered the PI

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Really? Interesting. I might have to play more with the Diablo because there are a shitton of upgrades that I didn't put on it. The engine is barely modified in that Diablo I raced. I'm almost certain it'll get to R1. :P Whether or not it'll be drivable there......

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Can I make a small addition to this weeks race rules, or at least make a suggestion? For each individual class, can we have the rule that the car you choose has to start in that class? So, the upgrade window will be smaller, and lead to a more significant variation of cars over the races...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oldmanken wrote:
    Can I make a small addition to this weeks race rules, or at least make a suggestion? For each individual class, can we have the rule that the car you choose has to start in that class? So, the upgrade window will be smaller, and lead to a more significant variation of cars over the races...

Maybe instead have it so that you have to have a different car for each race? The actual field for each race may be more homogeneous with the above, not less.

EDIT: On second though, oldmanken's idea would probably be more interesting race-wise. You know what, forget I said anything about what we should run. :P I think I'm just bored at work.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:
    Really? Interesting. I might have to play more with the Diablo because there are a shitton of upgrades that I didn't put on it. The engine is barely modified in that Diablo I raced. I'm almost certain it'll get to R1. :P Whether or not it'll be drivable there......

I'm skeptical. You have to bare in mind that upgrades at that level rarely tend to make a huge impact on PI, especially engine upgrades. R-class cars with limiters are a bit different, but otherwise ...
    It's a long way from S to R1.

• Options
    Well, you guys probably know better than I, but Imma give it a go anyway. :)

That reminds me, I should just buy the car packs. I haven't gotten November's yet.

• Options
    Nova_C wrote:

That reminds me, I should just buy the car packs. I haven't gotten November's yet.

Just grab the season pass, it gets you the past packs, does it not?

• Options
    oldmanken wrote:
    Nova_C wrote:

Just grab the season pass, it gets you the past packs, does it not?

Oh, wasn't there some kind of downside to that if you bought the collector's edition? I can't remember exactly, but I heard something about the season pass not being worth it for VIP status players.

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote:

Ugh. I prefer bringing cars up from lower classes 100% of the time so that I have more customization, but if we run that way (and I'm of the opinion it will make it so most of the field is going to be in the same car each race) I guess I can try. Really kills my personal interest level though.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Yeah I would prefer not to do those rules as well. I agree that bringing cars up a class or two will add to the uniqueness of each race.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nova_C wrote:

Once you get into the realm of supercars, horsepower does not increase PI very much.

I havent checked this but I'm thinking the only non-race cars in the game that can get up to R1 are probably the Veryon(s), maybe the Koenigsegggg(s) and maybe the SSC Ultimate Aero

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was just a suggestion...

I'm going to run a Volt at E- Class. :)

oldmanken on
  • Options
    I'm running it for F.