As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Please post in new thread [Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls]

• RadioElectricRadioElectric Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote:
    What I meant was that there are a bunch of guides out there that tell you that the actual pick itself will wiggle in the direction of the sweet spot just before it breaks, which is bupkis since it flicks in one direction then the other.

The Oblivion lockpicking minigame was much more realistic. It bugs me that this one is the same as Fallout's.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote:
    Does Light Step prevent you from slamming spiked gates into people's backs, though?

Before I had Light Step, I'd lure enemies in and set off the traps myself. Now that it's unlocked, I just use them to set off the panels. It's a little trickier, but it still works. Actually, I haven't had to resort to that in a while, lol. I'm getting a lot stronger.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I loathe the battle for whiterun.

It's fucking crashtastic is what it is.

• CheBourgeoisNoirCheBourgeoisNoir Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Is anybody familiar with proper installation of the Skyrim Script Extender? The readme just says to copy the .dll and .exe files into the Skyrim folder, but there's another folder within the SKSE package "src" that has a bunch of stuff in it - that needs to be copied into your Skyrim folder too, right?

Also: Is the 4gb thing included in SKSE, or is that a separate mod?

Edit: I need to RTFM, "The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it."

CheBourgeoisNoir on
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    the SRC folder is just the source code. You don't need it.

The newer versions of the 4gb loader will load the skse steam loader dll, so make sure you have it updated so you can run both.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Is there an easy non-console way to respect your perk points yet?

SniperGuy on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote:
    I brought this up in the other Skyrim thread, but I figured I'd ask here as well for some thoughts and input.

Right now I'm working on the companion quests and my Thief character (very non combat oriented in the beginning) is having difficulty. I have high sneak and 3x damage with bows when sneak attacking and my archery itself is pretty up there at 47. My issue is that I attack something from stealth and one shot it in the head. I can do this over and over and then suddenly I come across a group of three enemies (generic names) and my archery is hardly hurting them at all. In fact my meager destruction or sword and board skills can't hurt them either (they are a trio of archer, knife, and two handed silverhearts or whatever their group is called)

This happens fairly often where I'm doing well with archery and suddenly random enemies in the same dungeon will seem to be heavily resistant to it.

I have little enchanting skill, and little to know blacksmithing, so I'm really just relying on my Glass bow I found and some steel arrows ( I have a few higher damage arrows but none in large amounts)

Is my character just kind of screwed since I focused on mostly Sneak/Pickpocket/Lockpicking? or am I missing something key here?

Thank to help in the other thread i've got some ideas on a couple work arounds for this particular issue but I wanted some other input as well just in case there are some other ideas.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what group of enemies you're talking about. My wife was watching me play as I cleared that area, and as soon as I ran into that group, it was like hitting a brick wall. If it's the group I'm thinking of, there's a bear trap in the hallway that leads to them. I have the Light Step (or whatever it's called) perk, so I don't set off floor traps. So what I did was sneak in, one-shot an archer, then haul ass back through the corridor with the bear trap. The guys with the great swords would run over it, get damaged, and keep chasing me. I'd run up into the next area, circle back, reset the trap on my way through the corridor, and they'd run through it a few moments later. I basically just kept circling back and forth, resetting the trap each time as I ran through, until they died.

It's a bitch move, but it works, lol.

I'm doing the quest where:
    There is a rumor of a shard of some Wulf Axe. So Me and Varkas? I think are sent to the middle of nowhere to look it up. The room in particular is the large room right below the enclosed catwalk in the center of it. There is a chest along one wall with a half clad lady with a knife facing it and a large man with a two handed sword. The archer is off in the distance facing the door that enters into the room itself.

Speaking of traps though....I DO have the Frost Rune. I may try that as well and see if setting up a few of those helps since they have to run through that door anyways.

Honeslty, Delphin? Just reroll. Archer + Sneak just doesn't work well in this game, unless you set it to the easiest difficulty setting.

I rolled-up a dual-wielding swordlizard, and never looked back. Make sure you pick up Smithing, because it's broken as shit (Skill priorities: Smithing -> One-Handed -> Armor of choice) and then just kill everything all of the time. I went through the first couple of dungeons at a fraction of the time I took with my Stealth Archer.

With Love and Courage
    Also, on the topic of rolling new characters, fuck the stupid intro battle.

It was neat the first time. Now it's just fucking tedious.

BethSoft should've either made it skippable, or pushed it to a later encounter.

With Love and Courage
    I have light step. It just means you need to get creative about how you set off traps. Fire an arrow at the trigger, drag an object onto it, etc.

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    I don't think I believe that Archer + Sneak doesn't work well in this game. Too many people have posted complaining that Archer + Sneak has trivialized their games.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The Ender wrote:
    Honeslty, Delphin? Just reroll. Archer + Sneak just doesn't work well in this game, unless you set it to the easiest difficulty setting.

I rolled-up a dual-wielding swordlizard, and never looked back. Make sure you pick up Smithing, because it's broken as shit (Skill priorities: Smithing -> One-Handed -> Armor of choice) and then just kill everything all of the time. I went through the first couple of dungeons at a fraction of the time I took with my Stealth Archer.

Uh, what? My sneaky archer is all but invulnerable and aside from dragons/giants there's very little that I don't one shot. Not that it matters since if I don't one shot something of course because then I just move a little bit and wait until they decide the arrow sticking out of their left eye socket is just their imagination.

*edit* This is of course assuming you bo up smithing far enough to mod your bows. Sneaking makes it so you virtually never have to worry about actually fighting hand to hand but smithing is what makes you a god.

HappylilElf on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The Ender wrote:
    Also, on the topic of rolling new characters, fuck the stupid intro battle.

It was neat the first time. Now it's just fucking tedious.

BethSoft should've either made it skippable, or pushed it to a later encounter.

Ever since Morrowind, one of the most popular mods ever are the ones that allowed you to skip the newbie dungeon stuff. Though IMO, Morrowind's intro was nowhere near as tedious as Oblivion's and Fallout 3's.

At any rate, you'd think Bethesda would've taken the hint by now and added a skip dungeon option by default. Maybe unlocked after you do it once.

edit- Now that I think about, whats even worse is that there is no, "Do you wish to review your character" dealie at the end of the dungeon. I used to make a save at that spot and just load from there when making a new character, but I can't even do that in Skyrim!

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Empirical wrote:
    Heroth wrote:
    So... whoo for bugged quests

My companion quest is now bugged and i've tried all the suggestions i can find and none have worked...

What issues are you having?

Late companion quest spoilers:
    I was sent to get the witches head(/s) by kodlak and on returning the silver hand invaded and killed him and when i enter Jorrvaskr Vilkas questions me on what i was doing which leads into another quest (to hunt down and kill a major silver hand outpost).

Problem is in my travels i already wiped this silver hand base out... so Vilkas never gives me the quest to actually go *do* it and just walks off afterwards... I've tried skipping to the next quest of attending Kodlak's funereal but Aela/Falkas bug out and Vilkas doesn't show up and Eorlund is just sitting there... another suggestion was to goto the place a rez the end-boss and his body guards but the bodies have long despawned

So, yeah... i tried everything i found on the wiki's but no luck...

1Gn4PNI.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote:
    milk ducks wrote:
    I brought this up in the other Skyrim thread, but I figured I'd ask here as well for some thoughts and input.

Right now I'm working on the companion quests and my Thief character (very non combat oriented in the beginning) is having difficulty. I have high sneak and 3x damage with bows when sneak attacking and my archery itself is pretty up there at 47. My issue is that I attack something from stealth and one shot it in the head. I can do this over and over and then suddenly I come across a group of three enemies (generic names) and my archery is hardly hurting them at all. In fact my meager destruction or sword and board skills can't hurt them either (they are a trio of archer, knife, and two handed silverhearts or whatever their group is called)

This happens fairly often where I'm doing well with archery and suddenly random enemies in the same dungeon will seem to be heavily resistant to it.

I have little enchanting skill, and little to know blacksmithing, so I'm really just relying on my Glass bow I found and some steel arrows ( I have a few higher damage arrows but none in large amounts)

Is my character just kind of screwed since I focused on mostly Sneak/Pickpocket/Lockpicking? or am I missing something key here?

Thank to help in the other thread i've got some ideas on a couple work arounds for this particular issue but I wanted some other input as well just in case there are some other ideas.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what group of enemies you're talking about. My wife was watching me play as I cleared that area, and as soon as I ran into that group, it was like hitting a brick wall. If it's the group I'm thinking of, there's a bear trap in the hallway that leads to them. I have the Light Step (or whatever it's called) perk, so I don't set off floor traps. So what I did was sneak in, one-shot an archer, then haul ass back through the corridor with the bear trap. The guys with the great swords would run over it, get damaged, and keep chasing me. I'd run up into the next area, circle back, reset the trap on my way through the corridor, and they'd run through it a few moments later. I basically just kept circling back and forth, resetting the trap each time as I ran through, until they died.

It's a bitch move, but it works, lol.

I'm doing the quest where:
    There is a rumor of a shard of some Wulf Axe. So Me and Varkas? I think are sent to the middle of nowhere to look it up. The room in particular is the large room right below the enclosed catwalk in the center of it. There is a chest along one wall with a half clad lady with a knife facing it and a large man with a two handed sword. The archer is off in the distance facing the door that enters into the room itself.

Speaking of traps though....I DO have the Frost Rune. I may try that as well and see if setting up a few of those helps since they have to run through that door anyways.

LOL yeah I'm lvl 25 and I'm not going to just Reroll. Part of the fun of the Elder Scrolls games is being able to make your character however you want. Telling me to just roll a certain type is pretty terrible advice. I've done a lot of exploring and fun stuff that I'm not going to do again just because of my perk placements (for instance I accidently contracted the initial vampirism and went on a big quest to try and cure it.) Worst case scenario I'll use the console to respec some points if it's really as bad as all that, but I was looking for something other than a defeatist mentality to help with this issue. The other suggestions thus far I think will be much more useful and i'll be giving them a shot.

I've also seen a lot of posts from people who have gone the Archery/Stealth route and are doing just fine, part of my issue seems to be a lack of proper enchantments to really maximize my archery damage, and I think applying some poisons of paralyzing will help out as well. Plus the trap suggestions seem like a good idea and it's something I already have access to (Although I may lackt he magica for it, i'll have to check that)

I don't really find direct combat to be all that interesting in these types of games and tend to avoid it. If anything I would focus and make a pure mage or something if I absolutely needed to reroll. But it seems really strange to me that Archery would be so troublesome when most of the people I see post on here are talking about using it. Especially for those pesky flying dragons.

I'll let you all know how it turns out, I've got some good ideas to go on now and i'll try them when I get home.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    It's not just a Bethesda phenomena. Dungeon be Gone was always one of the most popular Baldur's Gate 2 mods.

That fucking starter dungeon, FML.

Uh, what? My sneaky archer is all but invulnerable and aside from dragons/giants there's very little that I don't one shot. Not that it matters since if I don't one shot something of course because then I just move a little bit and wait until they decide the arrow sticking out of their left eye socket is just their imagination.

*edit* This is of course assuming you bo up smithing far enough to mod your bows. Sneaking makes it so you virtually never have to worry about actually fighting hand to hand but smithing is what makes you a god.

What difficulty setting are you on?

You will not one-shot dungeon bosses from moderate -> hard difficulty; you'll hit them once, then they'll run up to you and 3-shot you with power attacks while you run around trying to heal yourself.

Maybe on Novice you can do something like that, but on Novice you can probably run around naked and destroy everything with unarmed strikes (in Oblivion you sure could).

With Love and Courage
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    If you don't kill your target on the first three shots as a sneaky archer, it might help to revert back to standard archer mode, stand up and summon something (summon familiar or summon flame elemental isn't hard to get at the start of the game) while backpedaling and chucking arrows at the enemy/enemies. Or bring a companion.

And if you don't have the zoom perk yet, make full use of your stamina by sprinting to gain distance away from your pursuer. Slightly harder to do in a small room but you can practice with trolls.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Mahnmut wrote:
    I don't think I believe that Archer + Sneak doesn't work well in this game. Too many people have posted complaining that Archer + Sneak has trivialized their games.
    It's certainly gotten me through some rough dungeons at low levels. My archer made it through a falmer hive at like level 8. I sure as shit couldn't have managed that with another build.

I've had a couple of performance troughs, but I attribute that to taking advantage of some cheesy level grinding methods causing my non-combat skills to outpace my combat skills. And I've had no issues at all for about 10-15 levels (level 45).

Archery is a little iffy in non-stealth for a long time, but once you start getting the higher level perks it's stupid powerful even in a straight fight.

Edit: It's worth pointing out that one of those performance troughs was in fact the part where I inadvertently switched on Master.

And didn't notice for two dungeons.

Elendil on
  • LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    I'm currently at the last couple of College of Winterhold quests, and I'm in a pickle.
    I'm at the end of Labyrinthian, and I think I only got this far because of some lucky scrapes... the wispmother did a number on me, as did the Dreadlord, but now I have to fight the final boss, and he's just kicking my ass all up and down the cavern. I'm about level 18.

I've got some strategy thingers to try and cheese him to victory, but what happens if I can't do it? Do I have to run all the way back through the dungeon? If I can and I level up and come back, is everything that was there already dead, or do they all respawn? I'm on 360, so can't console my way out of this either.

• DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote:
    Is there an easy non-console way to respect your perk points yet?
    Nope, just a somewhat easier console way.

• VickiVicki Victoria EnglandRegistered User regular
    Click to Enlarge:

Skyrim258.jpg Skyrim259.jpg Skyrim260.jpg

Skyrim261.jpg Skyrim249.jpg Skyrim254.jpg

I gave up on Stealth + Archery after Saadi sent me to take out the assassins.

Even after using, essentially, an exploit to pick-off all of the guards, the boss just owned my face. Shoot him once, he berserker charges at me. I get another two shots off on him before he's on top of me, and he's not even at half health. Lydia tanks for a few seconds before going down (if I'm lucky), then I just get cut in half.

Same scenario with my melee character, I don't even break a sweat. Funnel his guards into a choke, cut them down, start hacking at him, hit my daily, it's over.

Maybe if I persevered long enough it'd be worthwhile, but I don't see the point, given that the end game is going to be 'lolz broke' no matter which path you take (well, unless you intentionally gimp yourself).

With Love and Courage
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Lewisham wrote:
    I'm currently at the last couple of College of Winterhold quests, and I'm in a pickle.
    I'm at the end of Labyrinthian, and I think I only got this far because of some lucky scrapes... the wispmother did a number on me, as did the Dreadlord, but now I have to fight the final boss, and he's just kicking my ass all up and down the cavern. I'm about level 18.

I've got some strategy thingers to try and cheese him to victory, but what happens if I can't do it? Do I have to run all the way back through the dungeon? If I can and I level up and come back, is everything that was there already dead, or do they all respawn? I'm on 360, so can't console my way out of this either.
    What's your build? I did this as heavy conjuration and had a hard time because he kept turning my summons on me. The best advice I can give is to use the terrain. You should start on the opposite side from him (from memory), and you can line-of-sight his spells to heal. You can run up to the second level to get away from him, then drop down to the first, down to the ground, run back up, etc. Basically he will blast the shit out of you if you're in range and line of sight so you need to move and heal a lot. Also, drink lots of pots before the fight. +magic resist, +destruction, +magicka regen, pretty much whatever you have.

I actually ended up beating him by glitching him out. It wasn't intentional but hey, I'll take it. It might be reproducible if you want to try it. What I did was jump down to the ground and move to the left, close up against the platform. By staying in reachable line of sight he moved closer and closer to the edge of the platform he was on, until he started slipping on the terrain (into the pool on the left). While he was slipping he wouldn't cast, so I just blasted him to death. Pretty cheap but it worked /shrug

exis on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote:
    I gave up on Stealth + Archery after Saadi sent me to take out the assassins.

Even after using, essentially, an exploit to pick-off all of the guards, the boss just owned my face. Shoot him once, he berserker charges at me. I get another two shots off on him before he's on top of me, and he's not even at half health. Lydia tanks for a few seconds before going down (if I'm lucky), then I just get cut in half.

Same scenario with my melee character, I don't even break a sweat. Funnel his guards into a choke, cut them down, start hacking at him, hit my daily, it's over.

Maybe if I persevered long enough it'd be worthwhile, but I don't see the point, given that the end game is going to be 'lolz broke' no matter which path you take (well, unless you intentionally gimp yourself).

Playing a sneaky archer here, when stuff gets tough up close I put on 2 1 handers and use the attack speed shout then stuff just dies. Also because of the light armour I'm usually fast enough to dodge any swings they take.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Vicki wrote:
    Click to Enlarge:
    Skyrim261.jpg

That dragon looks like it's lost it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be76F9kO8a8
    It knows it can kill.

Xagar on
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I've got points all over the place. I really had no idea what I was doing when I first made this character, but that's okay; my next character is going to be extraordinarily stream-lined. Anyway, looking for some advice: I've already dropped two points into the talent that lets you attack with dual weapons 35% faster, but I've found that I'm a lot more effective with a weapon and shield (no talents in Block tree yet, though). I'm fine with the choice I made, because I always switch to dual daggers when I'm abou to sneak attack someone, and the speed increase allows me to get in multiple hits. It essentially guarantees a kill.

I've found that my biggest problem is people who block a lot. My strategy, most of the time, is to open up with Fire Breath as soon as they start to block, which puts them into a stagger. That allows me enough time to get in an attack or two before they set their guard back up. When they push for a power attack, I shield bash, and that sets them off balance long enough for another attack. Works great on a single foe, but on multiples ... it gets a little tricker.

Anyway, I've decided I might try using Maces, since the One-Handed Mace talent allows you to bypass like 75% of your target's armour. It also occured to me that maces are probably amazing to dual wield with, since they're normally slow, but will gain an attack speed bonus from my dual wield talents. That might be good for another character, though. This one's pretty settled on weapon + shield.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out now is which weapon is better: Axe or Mace (I'm not big on Swords). Maces attack slowly, but hit hard. Their talent allows them to bypass a large amount of enemy armour, so every hit will count. Axes on the other hand, attack a little faster, but deal a bit less damage. Their talent causes the target to bleed out, effectively adding a DoT onto my melee attacks. I'm wondering which would be more effective? I like the Mace, but I'm leaning toward the Axe because of my defensive playstyle; the bleed effect will continue to drain my target's life, even while I'm turtling up.

Any suggestions?

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote:

What difficulty setting are you on?

You will not one-shot dungeon bosses from moderate -> hard difficulty; you'll hit them once, then they'll run up to you and 3-shot you with power attacks while you run around trying to heal yourself.

Maybe on Novice you can do something like that, but on Novice you can probably run around naked and destroy everything with unarmed strikes (in Oblivion you sure could).

It's on Adept and no, dungon bosses don't three shot me because they never see me. I shoot them and if they don't drop? I move five feet. They rush over, turn around a few times and then wander away at which point I hit them again. Repeat until dead which at this point is at the very most four or five arrows.

I guess you didn't get it to work but saying sneak+archery isn't viable is just flat out wrong. It starts off a little tricky until you get your sneak skill up and get some of the perks but once you do it works just fine. Then you start getting better bows and arrows and it goes from fine to kind of broken. Then if you keep getting your sneak up, pick up your archery perks and train yoru smithing to improve your bows? You end up ridiculously powerful.

exis wrote:
    Lewisham wrote:

What's your build? I did this as heavy conjuration and had a hard time because he kept turning my summons on me. The best advice I can give is to use the terrain. You should start on the opposite side from him (from memory), and you can line-of-sight his spells to heal. You can run up to the second level to get away from him, then drop down to the first, down to the ground, run back up, etc. Basically he will blast the shit out of you if you're in range and line of sight so you need to move and heal a lot. Also, drink lots of pots before the fight. +magic resist, +destruction, +magicka regen, pretty much whatever you have.

I actually ended up beating him by glitching him out. It wasn't intentional but hey, I'll take it. It might be reproducible if you want to try it. What I did was jump down to the ground and move to the left, close up against the platform. By staying in reachable line of sight he moved closer and closer to the edge of the platform he was on, until he started slipping on the terrain (into the pool on the left). While he was slipping he wouldn't cast, so I just blasted him to death. Pretty cheap but it worked /shrug
    I'm a battlemage chap, one-handed weapons and fireballs. My archery is OK, but not stellar.

It looks like staying at range is definitely the way to do it, so I'll do that and try drinking all the pots. The other thing I remembered I could do is simply turn down the difficulty! I'll feel equally crap by either cheeseing him or just turning it down, so it makes no difference. It's been so long since I played a game where the achievements didn't punish you for turning down the difficulty I forgot it was possible.

Sneak + Archery is harder at low levels and does need to be supplemented with some sort of back-up melee skills.

However, it does work fine and by the time you max out stealth you are all but invincible.

• WolfprintWolfprint Registered User regular
    @Lewisham
    This is definitely a tough fight. I kept dying the first time, so I high-tailed out of there (there is an exit past the ghost on the second floor) and went to stock up on supplies and spells before returning.

What I did was hide around the ledge where the second ghost was and zap Morokei with lightning. When he prepares to cast Thunderbolt, run slightly behind so that the blast hits only the ledge. Rinse and repeat. It helps also to summon something to keep his attention on it.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    As far as melee goes, the order is normal attack < block < power attack < shield bash < laugh at your opponent who just wasted a bunch of stamina to do next to no damage, right?

Wolfprint wrote:
    @Lewisham
    This is definitely a tough fight. I kept dying the first time, so I high-tailed out of there (there is an exit past the ghost on the second floor) and went to stock up on supplies and spells before returning.

What I did was hide around the ledge where the second ghost was and zap Morokei with lightning. When he prepares to cast Thunderbolt, run slightly behind so that the blast hits only the ledge. Rinse and repeat. It helps also to summon something to keep his attention on it.

The way I beat him was to keep up an unrelenting barrage of doublecast destruction spells. Tab to inventory to chug mana pots, do not break the attack pattern. He won't get a chance to respond.

It's cheesy, but so are broken resistances.

It's on Adept and no, dungon bosses don't three shot me because they never see me. I shoot them and if they don't drop? I move five feet. They rush over, turn around a few times and then wander away at which point I hit them again. Repeat until dead which at this point is at the very most four or five arrows.

Might be the difficulty setting difference, but my experience is as follows:

Shoot boss. Starting walking backwards.

Stealth indicator inflates as boss walks towards me, and then bam, I'm detected.

The boss in the cave with the assassins, for example, is behind a curtain of water and tucked to the far left of a cliff that's above you, so you can't snipe him from an appreciable distance. Your ideal strategy of just shoot, move, wait for your stealth indicator to go completely flat again just doesn't work unless you've got a lot of open space.

With Love and Courage
    The Ender wrote:

Might be the difficulty setting difference, but my experience is as follows:

Shoot boss. Starting walking backwards.

Stealth indicator inflates as boss walks towards me, and then bam, I'm detected.

The boss in the cave with the assassins, for example, is behind a curtain of water and tucked to the far left of a cliff that's above you, so you can't snipe him from an appreciable distance. Your ideal strategy of just shoot, move, wait for your stealth indicator to go completely flat again just doesn't work unless you've got a lot of open space.

Get the voice throwing shout. It works wonders.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Axen wrote:
    edit- Now that I think about, whats even worse is that there is no, "Do you wish to review your character" dealie at the end of the dungeon. I used to make a save at that spot and just load from there when making a new character, but I can't even do that in Skyrim!

Skyrim automatically makes a normal save (a new one) right as you get off the cart and before tell him your stats.

Did you save over it or something?

wbBv3fj.png
    Wolfprint wrote:
    @Lewisham

If you go out that exit, is it obvious how to get back in? Does anything nasty respawn? Did you go straight back, or level up a bit first? I know I sound paranoid, but This Is Bethesda, and doing something that might break the quest completely would make me a sad panda.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote:
    Axen wrote:

Skyrim automatically makes a normal save (a new one) right as you get off the cart and before tell him your stats.

Did you save over it or something?

I don't think its the intro with the cart that he's annoyed by. You can always go afk and make a cup of tea or something while thats going.

The thing I hate is the bit after character setup, where you do the whole execution scene and just run.

One time I actually ended up totally breaking the intro by running ahead rather than following Ralof/the other gyuy because I already knew where to go. Arrived before the dragon did several times, and discovered that the dragon's fire actually doesn't damage you in the intro. So thats funny.

• Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Is there any upcoming patch? My game is still fucked since 1.2, crashes to desktop 100% of the time.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    As a note, I'm on medium difficulty and haven't had any trouble at all with archery + sneak. Some parts are a little difficult, but I always come out on top.

Recommend ++

I have a level 1 save game right after finishing the intro and I just use console commands to change that character before proceeding.