As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Imriaylde's Ambigrams (image heavy)

2»

• Options
    Yeah WriteYeah Write Registered User regular
    Good stuff. Love the Child's Play one, but I'd ditch the red stroke--looks kinda Christmasy. As a writer and amateur artist, I've always had a thing for ambigrams. I tried doing some once, but it felt too much like figuring out a math problem. What's the word for the ones that say one word when you look at it one way, but a different when you spin it around? Are those also ambigrams?

...do the write thing.
  • Options
    ImriayldeImriaylde Registered User regular
    Thanks! I was trying to match the colors of the original Childs Play logo, which was kind of Christmasy, too :).

I think that's why I like them...I like math :).

They are - I've heard them called Symbiotograms, at least that's what the guy running ambigram.com calls them.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Here's my finalized version of Spyder Pig's request, pending any comments from him, of course :)

BharathKamalesh.jpg

And I painted the L'chaim ambigram...I kinda suck at painting, but it was a fun experiment:

6114910390_7c8cefc076.jpg
    To Life/L'chaim by Imriaylde, on Flickr

Imriaylde on
  • Options
    Spyder PigSpyder Pig Registered User new member
    edited September 2011
    I said it in the message, and i'm saying it, again...
    This is SO much better than what i'd expected. I had asked some of the tattoo artists themselves, to give me some designs.....but they were total crap. What you've done, is just incredible. I'm so glad, i found you. I absolutely love it. Thank you....from the bottom of my heart. :)

PS - The second one....the L'chaim ambigram? That would look really good on a towel or napkin or something like that...or maybe like a wall hanging...with that same hand drawn effect.

Spyder Pig on
    THE DILIGENT SLACKER :-

Promoting a trademark brand of 'Lazy', since 1835.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Spyder Pig, I can't wait to see pictures!

I've been working on improving my "Fallen Angel" ambigram, because I'd really like to put it on a t-shirt. I think I've improved the shape of the wings some, but I'm kinda concerned that it's still not legible enough.

Spoilered for size:
    fallenangelwings.jpg

Imriaylde on
  • Options
    Spyder PigSpyder Pig Registered User new member
    That one looked awesome, even in its initial stages. I love the way, some of the strokes in between, are faded. It would make an excellent t-shirt print, or upper back tattoo. The "Fallen" part, is actually quite visible. Just the 'G', in "Angel"...if you could do something about that?

Hey, btw,...i showed the design that you made for me, to a couple of my friends, and they loved it. There's this one girl, who was wondering, if you would draw some stuff for her, in the future. I just wanted to confirm that with you, before i pass on your link, to her. Would that be ok?

THE DILIGENT SLACKER :-

Promoting a trademark brand of 'Lazy', since 1835.
  • Options
    Yeah, the G has given me the most trouble the entire time. Trying to make the double Ls of "Fallen" into a G is tough. Part of the problem for me is that I've been staring at this one for so long that I can see the G very well. Maybe if I don't have the N overlaping it? I'll try that.

Sure, you can send her my way, but as you know, the turn-around time can be a while, depending on how crazy things are going in my life :).

• Options
    Something I've been working on for my holiday cards.

Imriaylde_HolidayRotational_Submission02-1.jpg

Imriaylde_HolidayRotational_Submission07.jpg

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    That's pretty darned awesome.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Nicely done. I prefer the colors on the first one.