As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Saints Row: The Third - SEE THE TOP OF OP FOR HUGE WARNINGS BEFORE PLAYING!

1909192939496»

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I have NEVER gotten a screenshot on SR3's community site to work.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Viking wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Re: The STAG choices
    Not a choice at all. I have enough explody weapons, why would I ever pick satchel charges? Of course I want tanks and speeder bikes
    Because they're sticky satchel charges
    and because the game gives you a bunch of tanks that are almost as good as the prototype anyway, The satchel charges and the jetbike are both unobtainable any other way in game (short of buying the guide for the jetbike)
    Almost as good, but not as good as the tank which is the best version there is. Takes more hits, does more damage. It's the smart pick. If you got the guide for the game then you already got the Interceptor which is a skinner version of the STAG air bike only it has a machine gun so you don't even need to pick that. The satchel charges I'm not sure how much use would get in comparison to other explosives.

Cade wrote:
    Almost as good, but not as good as the tank which is the best version there is. Takes more hits, does more damage. It's the smart pick. If you got the guide for the game then you already got the Interceptor which is a skinner version of the STAG air bike only it has a machine gun so you don't even need to pick that. The satchel charges I'm not sure how much use would get in comparison to other explosives.
    Not terribly much, actually. I ended up not using them. I mean, I suppose they'd be as useful as they were in SR2 for doing trafficking, I.E really fucking useful.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote:

Are you logged in?

heenato wrote:

Are you logged in?
    Yes. I just get a 404.

M A G I K A Z A M
    I guess the official page will be messed up forever. Sigh.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Their website features aren't cross platform.

And if you can't see the comedic value in sticky bombs.... :bz

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Wanna know the best Homie?
    Zombies.

Called em in for the first time during a survival call. They hilariously roll up in a rinky dink short bus, and start pouring out of it. They make a wonderous mess of things!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Guitar Hero Of TimeGuitar Hero Of Time Registered User regular
    Finished the game yesterday and loved it. Don't understand the negativity in here at all.

Terrific use of 3 different songs. I think this is the best GTA-style game I have played.

Skull2185 wrote:
    Zombies.

Called em in for the first time during a survival call. They hilariously roll up in a rinky dink short bus, and start pouring out of it. They make a wonderous mess of things!

Definitely going with them this play through.

• RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Finished the game yesterday and loved it. Don't understand the negativity in here at all.

Terrific use of 3 different songs. I think this is the best GTA-style game I have played.

Because it's a forum. Most of us enjoy the game, but we come here to discuss what we don't like about it too <3.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
    Cade wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Zombies.

I imagine that to be a late game unlock. I just got rid of Matt, and I haven't seen anything yet.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Robes wrote:

Because it's a forum. Most of us enjoy the game, but we come here to discuss what we don't like about it too <3.

I think he means the people saying the game is unrepentant shit from a butt.

But yeah, the game is far from perfect, but one of the most "fun" games out there.

Sir Carcass on
  • JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Cade wrote:
    Viking wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Re: The STAG choices
    Not a choice at all. I have enough explody weapons, why would I ever pick satchel charges? Of course I want tanks and speeder bikes
    Because they're sticky satchel charges
    and because the game gives you a bunch of tanks that are almost as good as the prototype anyway, The satchel charges and the jetbike are both unobtainable any other way in game (short of buying the guide for the jetbike)
    But I didn't buy the guide, and I didn't care much for the tanks anyway. The satchel charges are a bit pointless though since I always want an rpg so never use them.

• PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    I've been avoiding this thread since I didn't finish it yet.
    But 40 hours and still in Act 2.

"lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
    Robes wrote:

I think he means the people saying the game is unrepentant shit from a butt.

But yeah, the game is far from perfect, but one of the most "fun" games out there.

Yeah, I just came in to the thread on the last few pages and saw what I thought was some pretty strong hate that seemed hyperbolic. Which is fine if that is how people feel about it, but I can't understand where they are coming from.

I didn't find the choices to be bad at all. Just choose what you want, and if you don't want any of the things to choose from, then it doesn't matter, right? Not sure why getting a gameplay bonus at certain story points somehow makes the game worse.

edited December 2011
    The game is definitely one of the most fun games I have ever played, I would go so far as to say this is the reason I do play video games.

BUT

It does have issues, and it's pretty clear that the company either because they lacked man power or due to THQ putting limits on them affected the game so it's not everything it could have been. A great deal was cut or changed repeatedly.

Cade on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Cade wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Zombies.

I can't imagine anyone choosing the other option in that mission.

Magic Pink wrote:

Except the other option is
    Burt Fucking Reynolds!

M A G I K A Z A M
    Hmm, any one know what specific files are for the music, basically the in game car music?

For some reason when I get in a car now it only registers on my right side of my headset, all the other sound/music works perfectly.

Thinking that deleting those and redownloading might solve the issue.

heenato wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:

Except the other option is
    Burt Fucking Reynolds!

I chose the mentioned "other option" but so far, have never been able to actually use it. Are there restrictions around when it can be used, and has anyone gotten it to work?

This discussion has been closed.