As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

iPhone

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    being the top dj in the world is like being the best smelling turd

Knob on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dumb Hero wrote: »
    up the butt maybe
    Hi5

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Veretas wrote: »
    You can mock scratching and DJ'ing all you want, I could give a shit, until you cunts can do something like this you stupid motherfuckers.

Captain! His drunkeness has reached critical leveless! She can't take much more!

svDOOHAN_wideweb__470x457,0.jpg

Actually, I ran out of vodka around a half an hour ago; you can try to mock me, but frankly, I don't really give a shit; if you don't like electronica, you don't have to post here. If you are a fan, then you'd recognize that Zabiela is one of the top DJ's in the world right now, and that he's going nowhere but up.

I keep posting because you're stupidity is really fucking funny
    Anyone else?

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i fucking can't stand scratching

i love electronica in general

but fuck scratching

potatoe on
  • yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    i like turntables

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i like pool tables

Abracadaniel on
  • IHasABucketIHasABucket Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Knob wrote: »
    You can mock scratching and DJ'ing all you want, I could give a shit, until you cunts can do something like this you stupid motherfuckers.

hahahaha why the hell would i want to do that when i can play a real instrument

Knob, while it's true that most DJ's are not composing their own music (although Tiesto, Zabiela, Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren and plenty of others DO compose their own shit), they are doing plenty of alteration while they are spinning it. Also, have of the performance is mixing together a bunch of songs that keep and build upon a mood. There are a reason that many DJ's are consistently at the top of DJMag's Top 100 DJ charts, and it's because they know what the audience wants during a set.

It's not the same as say, playing the guitar or piano or what the fuck ever, but it's just as musical, whether you like it or not.

IHasABucket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    techno isn't even music for the most part

instead of the clicks, whistles and grunts of rap

it's the beep blorps and boops or techno

changing the sounds doesn't make it any better

Raneados on
    edited June 2007
    shutup you don't like pool tables

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • GlorfindelGlorfindel Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    also i am digging Ferry Corsten's album, LEF.

Glorfindel on
    edited June 2007
    i like the clicks whistles and grunts of rap

raneados "what a dummy" ludlow

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
    edited June 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    techno isn't even music for the most part

instead of the clicks, whistles and grunts of rap

it's the beep blorps and boops or techno

changing the sounds doesn't make it any better

rane that is dumb

you are being dumb

stop being dumb

potatoe on
  • <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The guy who mixed this is totally better than Zabiela.

<3 on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I like table breaking

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited June 2007
    i totally like pool tables

Abracadaniel on
    edited June 2007

Knob, while it's true that most DJ's are not composing their own music (although Tiesto, Zabiela, Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren and plenty of others DO compose their own shit), they are doing plenty of alteration while they are spinning it. Also, have of the performance is mixing together a bunch of songs that keep and build upon a mood. There are a reason that many DJ's are consistently at the top of DJMag's Top 100 DJ charts, and it's because they know what the audience wants during a set.

It's not the same as say, playing the guitar or piano or what the fuck ever, but it's just as musical, whether you like it or not.

by your rationale, being able to turn on a lightswitch makes you an electrician

Knob on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    edited June 2007
    BusterK wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »

Captain! His drunkeness has reached critical leveless! She can't take much more!

svDOOHAN_wideweb__470x457,0.jpg

Actually, I ran out of vodka around a half an hour ago; you can try to mock me, but frankly, I don't really give a shit; if you don't like electronica, you don't have to post here. If you are a fan, then you'd recognize that Zabiela is one of the top DJ's in the world right now, and that he's going nowhere but up.

I keep posting because you're stupidity is really fucking funny
    Anyone else?

At least I know the difference between "you're" and "your," and I'm shitfaced, you stupid fucking cunt. Seriously, go back to the 5th fucking grade.

IHasABucket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    there's good and fine techno, yes

but 99% of it is bleeps and blirps

Raneados on
    edited June 2007
    i can put on a bandaid

where's my fucking PHD

Abracadaniel on
    edited June 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8BWBn26bX0

i seriously listen to that song so much this is my first time seeing the video

i am going to say right now it is a great video

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
    edited June 2007
    #pipe wrote: »

yes that is good stuff

and thanks for actually contributing to the thread

Glorfindel on
    edited June 2007

it's impressive, yes, he sure knows where to turn those discs to

but it's not fucking music

Raneados on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Damnit, I clicked that thnking it was a clip from the Dexter cartoon.

way to ruin my dreams pipe.

way to ruin my dreams...

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    edited June 2007
    Raneados' fav band: probably oasis?

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
    edited June 2007
    potatoe on
    edited June 2007

by your rationale, being able to turn on a lightswitch makes you an electrician

No, it's not. Listen, Jimi Hendrix re-did "Like A Rolling Stone" and "All Along the Watchtower." Both were spectacular musical achievements. Do you want to take anything away from him because he wasn't the original composer? Also, plenty of these remixes you hear are done by the artists that are spinning them; that is, Zabiela, will spin his own remix into his set. So no, it's not just someone else's song, it's a different version that has artist approval.

It's not as simple as you'd like to paint it, and I'm sure that if you really try to think about it you'll see that you're trying to grossly oversimplify things.

IHasABucket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I missed you, knob

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited June 2007
    potatoe on
    edited June 2007
    Raneados' favorite band: not oasis

Raneados on
    edited June 2007
    you just compared a seperate musical performance by an entire band to a guy playing a record

Knob on
    edited June 2007
    also, bucket:

a lot of tiesto's shit wasn't even done by him

he just put his name on it

potatoe on
    edited June 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    Raneados' favorite band: not oasis

pretty sure i said it is

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
    edited June 2007
    potatoe wrote: »
    also, bucket:

a lot of tiesto's shit wasn't even done by him

he just put his name on it

tiesto really isn't that good anyway

Glorfindel on
    edited June 2007
    yeah tiesto sucks ding dongs

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
    edited June 2007
    froop freeep frooooooop *plays a crystal method record and some samples from lost in space* freeeep boop boop

dj stardom here i come

Knob on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited June 2007
    can't say i can even stand that fucker tiesto

bland little shiteater if you ask me

potatoe on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    itt: techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    no one liked the video I contributed. :(

<3 on