As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

YIPPY-KAI-YAY MOTHERFUCKER (Die Hard)

Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Live Free or Die Hard is quite possibly the best action movie ever made.

Ever.

Ever.

You know you have a good movie when you're sitting there watching the credits and it's three columns wide for twenty seconds naming all the stuntmen.
Also, gratuitous Kevin Smith! Living in a basement with his mom!
"Oh, so you're a fan of the Fett?" "I'm more of a Star Wars guy." "He's more of a... WHY THE HELL DID YOU BRING HIM HERE?!"

I laughed, I winced, I said "Holy Shit" at least a dozen times. Go see this movie.

Salvation122 on

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Requires you to not think but gives you plenty to distract yourself with so I don't care.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    God I just go back from this movie like 5 minutes ago. It's so fucking good.

They editted out at least a dozen "fucks" so here's to the Director's Cut! Hopefully a more pronounced "Yippee-kiyay Motherfucker". But that actual scene was so hardcore, I don't think it matter a whole lot.

YodaTuna on
  • VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yippee-ki-yay motherfucker bit was quite possibly the best moment ever committed to film.

That said, while John McClane was kicking serious ass and it was cool, but I thought that the movie felt more like a 24 episode than a Die Hard film. The hacking was a bit overdone. So I was slightly disappointed.

Also needed a cooler villain.

At least Farrel wasn't horribly annoying - I was afraid he would be from the trailers.

Virum on
    edited June 2007
    Virum wrote: »

At least Farrel wasn't horribly annoying - I was afraid he would be from the trailers.

I thought they played off each other very well.

YodaTuna on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Virum wrote: »
    That said, while John McClane was kicking serious ass and it was cool, but I thought that the movie felt more like a 24 episode than a Die Hard film. The hacking was a bit overdone. So I was slightly disappointed.
    He killed a HELICOPTER with a CAR

WITHOUT CGI

But I will grant you that whenever they rolled out that shitty rubber keyboard things slowed down

Salvation122 on
  • TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This movie was fucking awesome. It DID feel a bit like 24 but holy shit was it great. Mac kid did a bang up job as well.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    can't read the thread at all... but I am seeing this tomorrow. totally forgot it was out.

DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID?! I FORGOT! WHAT A FUCKING PATHETIC IDIOT I AM!

goddamn it.

I can't wait.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Damn you Varible was going ot see if oyu wanted to see it Friday!

Damn you!

nexuscrawler on
    edited June 2007
    I can't anyway Friday, gonna be either working or down the shore.

I have to see it twice because a friend of mine is in florida. if you wait, we can all go together. he likes hard cocks as much as I do so it should be awesome.

edit - and you've met him anyway.

Variable on
  • OverlordOverlord Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So... I've never seen Die Hard. Any of them. But my interest is piqued. They have a trilogy set at FutureShop for 30 bucks. Would that be a good deal?

Overlord on
    sigsh.gif
    edited June 2007
    yeah, it would.

is it the one disk or two disk? just curious, doesn't really matter as long as you see the films themselves.

imo the best action movies, periods. the first being the absolute best.

Variable on
  • OverlordOverlord Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FSM2131939&catid=14719

It's a four disc set thing. They seemed to put the price up but I can still get it at Costco for the 29.99

Overlord on
    sigsh.gif
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Just got back from it.

On a scale of awesome to totally awesome

it's

AWESOMETACULAR

I mean seriously, I think
    He went up against every fighting style ever

and the tunnel sequence
    felt strangely like a horror movie. Oh man, didn't expect that truck to come right at the screen. 3D version plzthnx

and also
    "He's like a goddamn hamster!"

FyreWulff on
  • The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I loved this movie. So so much.

The Cheese on
  • aquabataquabat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Holy fuck, Im so glad you guys love this so much. I dont give a shit about anybody's review. You guys are my barometer

aquabat on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I want this movie to be successful, because it actually uses real special effects and real explosions instead of CGI.

Real special effects are almost a lost art.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wow before now I was cautiously optimistic, but I trust you guys so now i'm fuckin pumped to see it.

MikeMan on
    edited June 2007
    I gotta wait til fucking august to see goddammit

aquabat on
  • Rufus_ShinraRufus_Shinra Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I would just like to point out that
    shooting someone through themselves
    was first done by John Woo in his awesome Hong Kong flick:
    hardboiledccdvd.jpg

That said, Die Hard = Yes.

Rufus_Shinra on
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm pretty excited for this as well. I already have the first die hard, but I'm considering getting the collection as well...I'm pretty sure I haven't seen 2 in full.

Anyway, if you happen to like RE4 as well, fellow forumer agoaj has a trailer for you.

If only I wasn't working the night shift this week. :roll:

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
    edited June 2007
    I would just like to point out that
    shooting someone through themselves
    was first done by John Woo in his awesome Hong Kong flick:
    hardboiledccdvd.jpg

That said, Die Hard = Yes.

Bruce made a post on Aint it Cool. Hard Boiled is one of his favorite movies.

FyreWulff on
    edited June 2007
    Also, don't care about the rating. It's barely PG-13, and that's because they kept it to under two "fucks". Although don't be suprised if there's an unrated DVD that makes the movie a more solid R (it was said that they shot the movie as if it were R and it was edited down to PG-13)

FyreWulff on
  • ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Everyone here gushed over 300 as well. I'll wait.

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So I watched Die Hard this morning at work. Yeah, slow day. For obvious reasons I'd always had it pegged as a mindless action flick. How come nobody ever told me that it's actually... a good movie?

Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Everyone here gushed over 300 as well. I'll wait.

Ban yourself. Now

Also, man. I was really hesitant seeing the trailer, thought maybe it might be too over the top.

But it has the PA seal of approval, who am I to argue?

CangoFett on
    edited June 2007
    there was only really one stunt that was over the top in my opinion. coicidentally, it's the only one in the entire movie that was entirely CGI.

it was
    the sequence with the fighter jet

FyreWulff on
  • Daemon_AconisDaemon_Aconis Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I just wish I hadn't seen so much of the movie in the previews.

Daemon_Aconis on
    unitedstatesofcommunismvy1.gif
    edited June 2007
    Die Hard is probably one of the best movies ever, period.

aquabat on
  • tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have a few minor complaints about the film, but overall it was an enjoyable experience.

I might go see it again.

tardcore on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    So going. Tomorrow. Imax screen, motherfuckers!

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited June 2007
    MikeMan445 wrote: »
    Wow before now I was cautiously optimistic, but I trust you guys so now i'm fuckin pumped to see it.

Man, I'm just so fucking pumped to see a movie that isn't an adaptation of anything. Something with some goddamn fundamentals. It's funny how now we've been so inundated with shit that we now actually crave the old tried-and-true action formula, because God knows there's at least a craft and an art to it, and it's a movie through and through, and not a fucking computer-spawned sideshow.

Your guys' reaction has made me incredibly excited. I was going to see 1408 with a friend tomorrow, because he didn't want to see the new Die Hard, but now I'm going to have to say fuck him in his asshole with Bruce Willis's bald head, because goddamnit we're seeing this film.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The Cat wrote: »

Pfft. Sydney Imax is so much better than other Imaxs they should be called 'imax - the less good one.'

Iriah on
    edited June 2007
    Iriah wrote: »

Pfft. Sydney Imax is so much better than other Imaxs they should be called 'imax - the less good one.'

:lol: its true, that thing is huge. The one up here actually went broke and was bought out by an independant operation though, so we get big-ass flicks for like $6 each. The only reason I'll go to a big-chain cinema like Birch Carroll and Coyle now is if I missed seeing it there.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • urbmanurbman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I dont know about this movie. I have seen a lot of the stunts through previews and it seems to over the top. I remember how in the other Die hards John would get fucked up and still beat ass while barely being able to walk. Some of the previews they showed just makes him look invincible.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2007
    Sorry Cat, gotta wait til August 9th to see this puppy.

aquabat on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm looking forward to this movie, but I probably won't get to see it this weekend...or next weekend.

SteevL on
  • DisenchanterDisenchanter Magnolia, DERegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    urbman wrote: »
    I dont know about this movie. I have seen a lot of the stunts through previews and it seems to over the top. I remember how in the other Die hards John would get fucked up and still beat ass while barely being able to walk. Some of the previews they showed just makes him look invincible.

Have no fear, he gets plenty gimpy.

Disenchanter on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007

Our imax could show it, but they're gonna keep showing Spiderman 3 instead. :x

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Adrien wrote: »
    So I watched Die Hard this morning at work. Yeah, slow day. For obvious reasons I'd always had it pegged as a mindless action flick. How come nobody ever told me that it's actually... a good movie?

What the fuck no one told you Die Hard was a good movie? I don't know anyone who doesn't like it.

YodaTuna on
    edited June 2007
    aquabat wrote: »
    Sorry Cat, gotta wait til August 9th to see this puppy.

heh yeah I went to check and realised i had the release date mixed up with transformers. But that'll do :whistle:

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg