As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Apparently I have a nemesis

• RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    yeah the kingdom hearts side games make capcom sequels look original

between chain of memories and 365/2 days I pretty much never want to see those levels ever ever again.

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Bogey wrote:
    Does it freak you out in other games/movies when other characters get to use two guns, swords, etc. too?

Let's say this was the Sword in the Stone and in the sequel Arthur suddenly has two Excaliburs and then Kay gets two and Guinevere gets one and so forth.

e: or if in the next Zelda game everyone gets master swords and Link starts duel-wielding them as a probably-more-accurate example.
    Wait, that sounds awesome, I clearly don't know what I'm talking about.

I may have misunderstood but the point of the keyblade was that it was a magical, mystical weapon that few people had ever seen and harbored great power. Suddenly and without explanation every main character gets a keyblade and the male leads each get two. I didn't dislike the game but it didn't do for me what the first game did. It was just too much, too many new characters and ridiculous melodramatic plotlines and the whole Ansem is not really Ansem thing. I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything or that I can even properly explain it but it just lost me sometime after the Tron sequences (which were amazing).

TankHammer on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    well I mean

were there like a lot more doors

I bet Fandy's problems would be a lot easier to solve if he lived in an anime.

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    playing the same worlds over again in CoM pissed me off too but I was too busy actually giving a damn about Roxas and co. to care

And holy what Dream Drop Distance apparently crosses TWEWY over with the KHverse??? If it uses TWEWY's combat system that's pretty much a launch-day purchase for me

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    You know who could solve this?

Encyclopedia Brown

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    the hardy boys

that little girl in the yellow rainslicker whose name i can't remember in that rad book/movie

reposig.jpg
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    All this keyblade talk motivates me to beat FFVIII, XII, and finally star KHII.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    kairi gettin a keyblade was goddamned retarded

I don't think she even used it outside of cutscenes

playing the same worlds over again in CoM pissed me off too but I was too busy actually giving a damn about Roxas and co. to care

And holy what Dream Drop Distance apparently crosses TWEWY over with the KHverse??? If it uses TWEWY's combat system that's pretty much a launch-day purchase for me

roxas wasn't in chain of memories

• SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    A case this serious calls for the services of the Boxcar Children

xet8c.gif

i keep confusing it with 365/2 because they're so similar!!! The main difference being that 365/2 is actually really good

edited December 2011
    I guess I should play that one, since it's for the DS

I have no idea what it's about, though

do I get to go back to halloween town

again

Skull Man on
    edited December 2011
    Its literally CoM but from Roxas' point of view, though, so if you got that bored/annoyed with the repetitive levels in CoM then don't even bother with 365/2 unless you really care about Organization 13's backstory (which you probably dont!!)

e: less org13 more roxas/axel/random girl you wont care about until a quarter if the way through the game. the story is super different and actually interesting and the gameplay is closer to kh1 but youll be doing all the same levels over again so

mensch-o-matic on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2011
    I'd like KH 1 & 2 to be remade on the 3DS.

Since I never played them.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Goatmon wrote:
    Bogey wrote:
    This thread was so much better when mensch was talking about Kingdom Hearts! :x

I am not very happy with the Kingdom Hearts franchise right now.

Kingdom Hearts III is an upcoming video game of unknown release and platform. It has been the subject of much rumour and speculation, though the project has yet to begin development, due to series producer Tetsuya Nomura's focus on Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and the upcoming Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Guys, it's been six fucking years, start KH3 already.

nah kh3d looks fuckin baller ass sick and is basically an acceptable kh3 substitute
    it has sora, it has riku, it takes place immediately after kh2, and it has new outfits and entirely new disney worlds (as in, no old ones at all)

I don't own handhelds on account that I don't really want to play handhelds.

I just want a new console KH that isn't yet another fucking remake.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

The only KH console remake was Chain of Memories though??? Unless you're counting the Final mixes

edited December 2011
    Yes, I am.

It really really annoys me that we have 7 titles to the entire series, yet we don't even know when they're going to start KH3 yet. That is fucking stupid.

Seems like they really just aren't making it because the handheld games keep selling. They will probably continue putting it off as long as they can afford to. Boo to that.

Goatmon on

The Final mixes are just adding tiny bits of pretty and so forth so I personally wouldn't count them as if they take up KH3-makin time but okay

All the handheld games add a lot to the plot so the problem is mostly that the story is ridiculously convoluted

The games themselves are fun to play, its just a matter of story progression vs story exposition

Though playing in HD on a huge screen is definitely a plus!!

the plot they add is just

totally uninteresting to me though

yeah its really character driven so if you dont care about the characters then pffft whatever

basically play 365/2 and chain of memories if you want to get really upset over kh2 but other than that you can honestly skip both

birth by sleep though has a super huge spoiler thats a REALLY HUGE chunk of backstory, too bad its on an unpopular system

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    365/2 surprised me

it was actually a really decent kh game, and played just like 2 except with sliiightly shittier graphics

also dat org xiii moogle

my one gripe was OH LOOK YOU ARE LISTENING TO UTADA HIKARU'S 'SANCTUARY' FOR THE 11TH TIME THIS SERIES

edited December 2011
    I wish there was a way to play KH2 without having to do the intro section. I would love if the game could just start at the mansion just before/after Sora wakes up.

I absolutely hated every minute I had to spend with the Twilight Town Scooby gang.

"Hey somebody stole the word (blank)! How'd that happen?"

"Hey, it's that rival gang!"

"Welp we have to do stupid odd jobs to make money"

"Hey, time to play nerf bat with a random final fantasy dude who entered a competition with children."

"mmm ice cream!"

Aaaaah fuck you guys I just wanna play Sora.

Goatmon on

I do care about the characters

I care about the characters who I fucking played as for two games who the fuck are all these stooges

Thank you.

the name's axel! got it memorized?

funny you should ask

I do not

edited December 2011
    Okay, you've trudged through all the dumb character crap, here's a second keyblade for Roxas.

*30 seconds later*

Well that was badass. Have fun never playing him again.

Goatmon on

play through the intro once then.... back up a save the moment you get sora??

Fandyien wrote:
    the hardy boys

that little girl in the yellow rainslicker whose name i can't remember in that rad book/movie

I bet Meg Mackintosh could solve it!

• TiBTiB Registered User regular
    Sounds like someone has a secret admirer

SatW.jpg
    roxas, sora and axel were way more interesting to me than sora, kairi and riku but different keystrokes i guHEH

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Roxas is pretty cool and 356/2 Days did a pretty good job over making you actually give a shit about Xian even though she isn't in any of the other games.

I haven't played Birth by Sleep but I have had it for a year now. Just, shit, constant 30 second load screens without installing it, really makes me not want to play.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey @The Lovely Bastard I also watched Demolition Man tonight

It wasn't as good as Hard Target but it was still pretty great

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    im so excited to get bbs tomorrow
    kh is one o my fave surrrres
    and i care about the story
    people complaining that there's two keyblades all of a sudden, how about, shut up
    it doesn't have to make sense

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    talked to the detectives again today, i get the feeling they know some stuff i don't or something

we talked for awhile and the more i think about this the more i 1.) feel this might be related to the robbery and 2.) the more confused i am as to who could have done this and generally baffled by the whole thing

reposig.jpg
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Okay, I may have an idea. Have you, at any point in recent months, been approached by a company called CRS? Maybe your wealthy brother thought their services would make a suitable birthday present for you?

forumsig.png
    have any of your accounts that were on the laptop been hacked yet

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Yeah! How do we know we've been talking to the real fandyien?

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote:
    Yeah! How do we know we've been talking to the real fandyien?

Say something only the real Fandyien would say.