As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Miyamoto is retiring from his current position at Nintendo

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to hold my breath until I get news.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The Wii U isn't out yet.

But seeing Pikmin in HD will certainly be amazing so its worth the wait.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    NotYou wrote:
    Good, that's a smart move. Nintendo is not the bastion of creativity it used to be.
    I really doubt nintendo was the one holding miyamoto back

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Rehab wrote:
    when is the next paper mario coming out on 3ds
    that is when i will buy one

or the wright vs layton one

Probably late 2012 sometime.

I want some Advance fucking Wars myself. Hopefully more in the Days of Ruin vein.

oh shit yes that too
    though have they announced anything about a new advance wars yet? i haven't heard about one

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    NotYou wrote:
    Good, that's a smart move. Nintendo is not the bastion of creativity it used to be.

Depending on how you read his statement, that is also what he is saying.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Rehab wrote:
    when is the next paper mario coming out on 3ds
    that is when i will buy one

or the wright vs layton one

Probably late 2012 sometime.

I want some Advance fucking Wars myself. Hopefully more in the Days of Ruin vein.

oh shit yes that too
    though have they announced anything about a new advance wars yet? i haven't heard about one

Not yet, but I know that when it does get announced and subsequently comes out that it will be glorious!

• NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote:
    NotYou wrote:

Depending on how you read his statement, that is also what he is saying.

I think it can go both ways. Nintendo's company culture may have forced a greater focus on neverending sequels than miyamoto might have wanted, and miyamoto might have felt like he wasn't able to take risks when he's playing with this gigantic company's cash cows. Obviously I'll never really know how the dynamic played out, but I suspect miyamoto will find he'll have a lot more room to be creative when he's beholden to no one except himself.

A lot of you seem very willing to let me asphyxiate. Fine. I can take a hint. But before I got I just want you to know that I'm disgusted in all of you.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    PI, what body parts should new pikmin have

i vote tails and wings

I don't want to just throw out contents from my Pikmin idea journal, but I'll give you a hint: Supernumerary.

I don't want to just throw out contents from my Pikmin idea journal, but I'll give you a hint: Supernumerary.

I don't know whether it's more appropriate to applaud or salute

• CampionCampion Registered User regular
    I can't wait to see what else Miyamoto pumps out. I love him. He is my hero.

4484-7718-8470
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    is kh3ds out yet

Kusuguttai wrote:
    is kh3ds out yet
    No, not yet. Square-Enix delayed it another month to try and find a sillier title for it.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Campion wrote:
    I can't wait to see what else Miyamoto pumps out. I love him. He is my hero.

This is a good opinion.

Everything I've seen about him says that he's one of the all time greats.
    Heck, a small suggestion was a big part of why Metroid Prime is so good.

Admitted, "Make it an FPS" would be cliche from an American dev, but it was the right call, and was a lot less accepted at the time.

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    is kh3ds out yet
    No, not yet. Square-Enix delayed it another month to try and find a sillier title for it.

deeper, dicks! deeper!

Kusuguttai on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    It's gonna have Neku, Kusu

NEKU

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I saw that trailer

my reaction basically went from YES MORE TWEWY STUFF to oh god why does it have to be in kingdom hearts why

• MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    No he's not:
    http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/12/08/nintendo-idINDEE7B705W20111208

Edit: current position. Yeah that's kind of important. Don't mind me.

Meiz on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:
    I saw that trailer

my reaction basically went from YES MORE TWEWY STUFF to oh god why does it have to be in kingdom hearts why

KINGDOM HEARTS IS AWESOME

GET BENT

2dtr87s.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Bentboy

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Wii games that used motion controls such as tilting the controller etc. usually seemed tacked on to me. (I haven't played Skyward Sword yet)

But games that used the controller as a pointer really seemed to work well for me. I really liked Metroid Prime 3 and the Silent Hill wii game.

I'm also kind of a huge Nintendo fangirl, though.

What is with the sea creature things bro fisting each other?

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:
    I saw that trailer

GET BENT

nooooooope

I played one of these games

call me back when it is not terrible final fantasy characters with disney characters and even more terrible original characters whining about friendship and memory and things that sound super deep if you're 13

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I thought you were 13

0BnD8l3.gif
    well I was when I first played kingdom hearts

BugBoy wrote:
    BugBoy wrote:
    I saw that trailer

GET BENT

nooooooope

call me back when it is not terrible final fantasy characters with disney characters and even more terrible original characters whining about friendship and memory and things that sound super deep if you're 13

Dead to me.

2dtr87s.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Kingdom Hearts II and Birth by Sleep play exceptionally well for a 14 year old girl's FF crossover slashfic

man

now I'm thinking about how one day there may be a wii u smash bros. that I do not own or play

and despite it all that thought brings me sadness

0BnD8l3.gif
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    If this leads to another Earthbound game, I will be happy.

If it doesn't.... *shakes fist*

*edit*
    I don't even care if Miyamoto wasn't involved in EB. I just want another goddamn EB game!

SeñorAmor on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I still haven't played Mother 3. I just keep replaying Earthbound.

iwantanswers3.png
    BugBoy wrote:
    BugBoy wrote:
    I saw that trailer

GET BENT

nooooooope

Dead to me.

the gameplay is fun, I will admit that

but the story is just plain awful and I will not hear otherwise

Dead.

To.

Me.

2dtr87s.png
  • SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    man

now I'm thinking about how one day there may be a wii u smash bros. that I do not own or play

and despite it all that thought brings me sadness
    now I'M thinking about how there one day WILL be a Wii U smash bros., and i will almost assuredly buy the console solely for that

this probably is supposed to bring me sadness

I don't believe you

your kingdom hearts thing should tell you that friendship is eternal or something like that

i will buy the Wii U and 3DS just for the two smash bros games

also i totally missed the boat with Kingdom Hearts back when I was also 13 and i tried to play it like two years ago and holy FUCK

that game is not cool or fun
    Idk about the sequels though

Antimatter wrote:
    i will buy the Wii U and 3DS just for the two smash bros games

^ this guy knows

never ever gonna buy a smash bros again until they fix their whole online thing and I don't have any faith that that will happen

0BnD8l3.gif
    Dichotomy wrote:
    never ever gonna buy a smash bros again until they fix their whole online thing and I don't have any faith that that will happen

sorry dich custom characters beats online