As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Promethean: the Created] A Stranger in Our Town - OOC

2»

• Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    Man, your prometheans are pretty sweet. Way better than anything I could come up with.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    MoosehatIV wrote:
    Man, your prometheans are pretty sweet. Way better than anything I could come up with.

Nah, Isaac's pretty awesome in his own way.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    GlandmineGlandmine casual nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    K, I guess I should close the deadline*. I'll post an IC thread up later today. Post a few lines here on what you're up to in the provided setting before the game kicks off for extra credit!

The Cast

Aegis, Patchwork Protector, Frankenstein, Ferrum
    Angel, Her Mother's Daughter, Galateid, Aurum
    Doe, Soiled Judge, Tammuz, Stannum
    Helios, Radioactive Physicist, Zeka, Cuprum
    Walker Of Lines, Scholar of Mortality, Ulgan, Aurum

Carrolton

The game will begin in the fictional Carrolton County, Michigan, about 2 hours from Detroit and Lansing. There are two townships within the county: Stony Point and Linville. Linville's where you all are at for now, a stable, blue-collar kind of a place where most folks are either employed by the meat-packing plant or the Carrolton State Pen, which lies just outside Linville. The neighbouring Stony Point's really hit the skids over the last couple of decades. In the early 1970s a fire all but destroyed what was once a thriving lumber industry, forcing the town into a slow decline, kept afloat only by the power plant. Carrolton's environment is heavily wooded, dotted with overgrown forest.

Sites: Out-of-the-way motel. Carrolton State Pen. Ghost-Town Remnants. Native-American Mounds. Condemned Hospital. Sprawling Forest. Flooded Quarry. Railway tracks.

*You're still good to post the sheet, Riv.

Glandmine on
  • Options
    The IC thread is up. Feel free to roll whatever you want when you want. The spoilered rolls aren't so much prompts as timesavers for the most obvious stuff.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Aegis had heard about the Ghost Town out on the outskirts. It sounded like something close to what his old home had been before... well, before at any rate. As he made the last turn out of where the woods opened up, he saw the . The similarities were almost eerie. Aegis even imagined he saw one of the men he'd gunned down for horse theft. That was one of the few times he'd felt like the town had actually accepted him. Sure, he knew there were people grumbling about him in the back of the crowd, but people were shaking his hand and patting him on the back for "showin' that varmint what we do to thieves around here." Someone had even bought him a drink.

'Course, he couldn't do things like that anymore. Civilized people aren't supposed to blow peoples brain out for stealing. Times have changed.

But people...
    People never change.

Aegis wandered around the town until night fell, and then started to head back to his motel.
    Huh, thought I'd hit reply before I left.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Forgot to set Pyros: You each start with an amount of Pyros equal to your Humanity.

Also a reminder that in nwod a success is an 8 or above.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Glandmine wrote:
    Also a reminder that in nwod a success is an 8 or above.

...huh...
    For some reason, I thought it was 7 :P
    Man, it's been a while.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I have spent wway too much time playing Scion and Exalted. My mistake.

• Options
    Going to go poke through the IC thread now, but here's a sheet: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/14377

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Just a heads up that Mrs Glandmine has decided to drag me to Ikea tomorrow where posting will be uncertain and I'll be counting the minutes.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    what

how could you

ikea is awesome

I am typing this on an ikea desk!

edit: eat all the food at the restaurant for me

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Also, was there nothing in the hole?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Right, my bad. The torn book was in the hole, but I posted Lines as finding it. Total brainfart.

• Options
    The downside to Angel: an inadvertent touch of valley girl.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    So, I don't think we've got much to hang around the shack, unless I'm missing something. And getting out of Dodge might be nice.

• Options
    Yeah, unless I'm mistaken and somebody's waiting on a post from me, the ball's in youse guys court.

• Options
    My out of character concern is that there's something related to the book here. However, there's no way Angel would think of that, so I've been still.
    She also doesn't really have an opinion on here or town, so no movement there.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Going to go ahead and jump you all to the motel in the interest of keeping impetus. If anyone doesn't want to tag along there then that's cool, but for those that do I need to keep things moving.

• Options
    Oh, and I'll be rolling disquiet behind the scenes if that's cool with everyone. Just to keep things simple/seem organic.

• Options
    Both are s'fine by me.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    yeah, both are cool with me